What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gold Plating

I have had a lot of stuff plated over the years. Never any issues. This is not the 24 carat stuff ( that costs Fortune)but it's plenty good enough for a pinball.

price depends what the plater wants
on the day but it is reasonable. For instance the 5 shadow ramps and the gun being played it cost less than 130 quid for the lot.
It's the same plater where Manny used to get his done.View attachment 114897View attachment 114896
Hi , which company did you use for this please?

Looking to plate my Lord of the rings ramps and Wireframes.

I got my plating done at Douglas plating in New cross.. The IJ @jagman has was beautiful when I sold it. wireforms, Apron.. maybe Jagman can attest to how they look now.
They also do a lot of stuff for motor bikes

look them up. Not cheap (MM wireforms cost me £250) but great quality.

I’ve played this machine - it’s lovely.

Very interesting for me is that I looked at having my ToTAN plated. It worked out as just too much money - I couldn’t see anyone wanting to put that much cash into a plated pin. So I went satin gold powder coat.

That IJ and my ToTAN or currently collocated in the same place. So it’s interesting to see the option. I like them both - in very different ways.

I hope [mention]jagman [/mention] doesn’t mind me saying that if the IJ got a quick polish it would sparkle. Still looks lovely as it is - and he knows I love playing it.

I guess my point is the plated machine may need some upkeep. Powder coating doesn’t in my limited experience.

Hope that helps

T
I’ve played this machine - it’s lovely.

Very interesting for me is that I looked at having my ToTAN plated. It worked out as just too much money - I couldn’t see anyone wanting to put that much cash into a plated pin. So I went satin gold powder coat.

That IJ and my ToTAN or currently collocated in the same place. So it’s interesting to see the option. I like them both - in very different ways.

I hope [mention]jagman [/mention] doesn’t mind me saying that if the IJ got a quick polish it would sparkle. Still looks lovely as it is - and he knows I love playing it.

I guess my point is the plated machine may need some upkeep. Powder coating doesn’t in my limited experience.

Hope that helps
Hanks, it does

Back
Top Bottom