What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! Looking to buy my first pinball machine - budget up to £3k possibly a little more

Someone was struggling to sell one for £3900 a while ago, I'm not even sure if it sold. You never can tell with pinball prices.

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk
Thanks, i'l keep an eye out.

What about the avatar that's currently for sale at 3.3k on here? I have always liked avatar as a pin even if I know that others aren't that keen on it. Worth a punt?

Thanks, I was tempted, its in great condition and obviously loved by its current owner, however the Mrs rejected. The only place we can put a pin is in our living room and she had no interested in a Judge dread theme :(. I would have taken his STTNG :) I still havent beaten the mrs high score on the xbox emulator.

It's a really adult theme too so I'd agree that it's far from ideal for a lounge. It's also a widebody (as is the STTNG) so it's going to take up more lounge space than a regular pinball.

Whilst the screen is brilliant it shows up the sniper blasting peoples heads off in glorious technicolor and now my wife won't let my youngest play it 😂

I don't know what those Spiderman games go for but that might be a good shout for your budget?

What about the avatar that's currently for sale at 3.3k on here? I have always liked avatar as a pin even if I know that others aren't that keen on it. Worth a punt?
Thats a great condition machine and a good buy, however its play is geared to the more experienced player, I had a long think about that one but concluded I would wait.

It's a really adult theme too so I'd agree that it's far from ideal for a lounge. It's also a widebody (as is the STTNG) so it's going to take up more lounge space than a regular pinball.

Whilst the screen is brilliant it shows up the sniper blasting peoples heads off in glorious technicolor and now my wife won't let my youngest play it 😂

I don't know what those Spiderman games go for but that might be a good shout for your budget?
Then def not coming in the lounge *lol*, thanks for the heads up via the width, how much wider are they.

The difference in size is hardly noticeable. The backbox width on widebodies is the same as a standard pin, so they don’t really take up any more room as that is the widest part of the machine.

The difference in size is hardly noticeable. The backbox width on widebodies is the same as a standard pin, so they don’t really take up any more room as that is the widest part of the machine.
To be fair it's enough to make a difference in a small area. We could fit the jackbot in the space next to the sofa but not the STTNG.

They seem a lot heavier too.

Then def not coming in the lounge *lol*, thanks for the heads up via the width, how much wider are they.

It's not a huge amount and obviously the trade-off is a larger playfield which I love (I've had three 😬). They are bigger and whilst a 2 man lift on a standard pin is easy enough the widebody pins are a mission to move around.

Thanks, good to know.

It's not a huge amount and obviously the trade-off is a larger playfield which I love (I've had three 😬). They are bigger and whilst a 2 man lift on a standard pin is easy enough the widebody pins are a mission to move around.
Something to look forward to getting it through the front door and into the living room :)

TNG is one of the heaviest games, so make sure your sack truck is all ok :D

:( so I'm guessing a Van is advised, rather than an estate car?

:( so I'm guessing a Van is advised, rather than an estate car?

You can get widebody pins in some estate cars. The fella who delivered my Popeye (same size as STTNG) had a Merc estate.

Good luck to you though, I'm sure you'll love the game.

I haven’t found an estate car I can get a pin in without taking head off “I do keep trying!” Some SUV’s yes, what estate car have you got?

A Honda Jazz😮
1588929516269.jpeg

1588929546542.jpeg

1588929617713.jpeg

Funny how estate cars have got smaller over the years, my Dad used to have a Ford Granada that could fit a 6ft pub pool table in the back, it was like a hearse!

Although in a lot of cases it's just the boot opening height has decreased.

I put a Defender on the roof rack of a P6 Rover back in the 80’s, those were the days😂

Reactions: DRD
My mates 1st machine a B/W IJ was delivered in a Merc A Class. Wasn't there's a list of cars that pins fit in. Currently use my old mans Citroen Picasso, but have used a Peugeot 306 estate and a 405 in the past. Estate's seem to have got lower at the back, and also the bulkhead beefed up reducing the actual area to put stuff in.

Reactions: DRD
Not sure how up to date that list is but a 2013 Passat does not quite fit a pin in without removing the backbox hinges, as I found out the hard way when I went to collect a White Water :rolleyes: I think I used that list when I bought the car.

thanks for the info, been working insane hours, Van it is! I won't try and put it in the VW.

Looking forward to picking up the STTNG soon, its being re-assambled as we speak:) .

Had a quick question, looking at mods, pinsound seems interesting, especially the volume remote, any thoughts regarding this? Is pinsound worth the £300+ investment or is it a waste of time. A colour DMD seems also to be a contender.

Back
Top Bottom