What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Found it! Looking to buy my first pinball machine - budget up to £3k possibly a little more

I would agree with that to an extent (although there are some awesome older games). I've never had to touch my TWD, it's been ultra reliable and a joy to own. Plus a fair bit easier to move around due to less weight. The older games always seem to need something doing, even if they're immaculate. It would be interesting to log and compare how many times the glass comes out on each machine. Of course the only problem is that the newer games are generally decreasing in value while the older games are increasing. So it's a double edged sword.
Thanks, I keep hearing postive things about TWD, whats a realistic price for it?

There’ll always be some maintenance involved eventually but that’s part of the fun. Today for example I decided to sort this gap out as it had always bothered me...
b3dca2cdd7d3767d4c7c533ebb846b23.jpg

...turns out the wrong length posts had been used (literally a tiny difference), ordered new posts (75p each) then got impatient so cut the existing ones down - looks perfect now, my OCD is happy.
Thought I’d look under the playfield whilst glass was off, found that one of the bumper brackets had snapped...
93c340d9a02d0a718a46c1ad8c49ac1a.jpg

...new one ordered (£6.75)

Don’t be scared of a bit of maintenance, sometimes it’s cheap and it’s always fun!

Oh - and get 2 pins, just in case ones out of action for a few days [emoji6]
With maintenance I think I would need to get my feet wet, once over the hurdle I might be fine :) unfortunately barely have room for one. Ive thought about getting one for a while and think nows the time to jump in.

Thanks, I keep hearing postive things about TWD, whats a realistic price for it?

Opinions vary. Some people will tell you £4k is realistic. I wouldn't sell mine for less than £5k. There are only 16 in the country so not a lot to choose from.

Opinions vary. Some people will tell you £4k is realistic. I wouldn't sell mine for less than £5k. There are only 16 in the country so not a lot to choose from.
Wow, not a lot of machines, thats really useful, unfortuantely a little above my price range, but food for thought, a few people have mentioned this game.

Wow, not a lot of machines, thats really useful, unfortuantely a little above my price range, but food for thought, a few people have mentioned this game.

I don’t know if I'd recommend it as a first and only machine. It's great. But it's equally hard to fathom and brutally unforgiving. BSD is equally unforgiving (possibly more so) but at least the game objectives are clear.

Family guy is also fun - if you like the theme. That is in your budget. Throw in a color dmd or pin2dmd.

You need a holiday in the UK when this is over - spend a couple of days playing 20 tables in @Tilt_Birmingham - then go off to Arcade Club up North - and the Flip Out club down south. Not forgeting Silverball club in Nuneaton.

Fly to brum and I will take you to 2 or 3 of those places......

Family guy is also fun - if you like the theme. That is in your budget. Throw in a color dmd or pin2dmd.

You need a holiday in the UK when this is over - spend a couple of days playing 20 tables in @Tilt_Birmingham - then go off to Arcade Club up North - and the Flip Out club down south. Not forgeting Silverball club in Nuneaton.

Fly to brum and I will take you to 2 or 3 of those places......
Thanks, Ive been to acade club recently, ended up playing terminator 3 alot, flip out ive always wanted to go, used to live in morden but only found out about it not long before I moved, Il have to give tilt ago, if im ever driving down from the ferry to London.

I have been generally surprised by the number of good machines within my budget that people have on offer. As I have time due to the lockdown im going to have a think about which one I will take a punt on. Thanks to you all for you quick feedback via this and any Private message on some of the machines available.

If your not in a rush to sell and have one of these 3 machines that you might be interested in selling in the future could you drop me a message with your price. I might look at options for the diference in price.

1) Lord of the rings
2) Simpsons pinball party
3) Elvis

On the off chance (worth an ask)

I have a framed float mounted with muesum AV glass Iron Man 2 on metal tyler stout that I would be willing to use in part exchange. I bought directly from Tyler stout and have all the relevant paper work, it was difficult to import due to how fragile they are. Had to have a custom crate made for it.

Details about the print from another seller can be found here:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Iron-man...Metal-Rare-sold-out-Mondo-print-/323466747219

and here

https://mondoshop.com/products/iron-man-2-metal-tyler-stout-poster

For trust worthyness my ebay account is here,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/cmrl9

If any one is interested (would look great next to or near an Iron man pin table) let me know via PM what machine you have, doesnt have to be one of the 3 above and what part exchange price you would offer. Its currently stored in my loft room wrapped up, happy to crawl arround upstairs and take pictures for a serious offer. Due to its size and how fragile it is it would be delievered by myself when collecting the agreed for machine.

Thanks again.

I got LotR as my first pin not long ago and definitely don't regret spending a bit more than originally planned! There is a very beautiful one for sale at 5.5k here, but they can go as low as 4k with no colour dmd or mods.

I got LotR as my first pin not long ago and definitely don't regret spending a bit more than originally planned! There is a very beautiful one for sale at 5.5k here, but they can go as low as 4k with no colour dmd or mods.
Thanks.

Just noticed you are based in Belfast ...

im also based in Belfast, ballyhackamore, near stormont. Well I’m up in Lisburn with my mum at the moment, and will be until this lockdown is over at least.

whereabouts are you and are you aware of the irish pinball league ? We have had the first meet of this season and the second should have been back in March but obviously that’s all out the window at the moment.

We have had Addams, Star Trek:next gen, Simpson’s pinball party and DE Jurassic Park At meets in the past so the games should be to your taste. Had an Iron man also.Send me an email at Irish.pinball.league@gmail.co.uk if you want to know when the league starts up again and where the next meets are etc. Meets are normally on Sunday afternoons

Just noticed you are based in Belfast ...

im also based in Belfast, ballyhackamore, near stormont. Well I’m up in Lisburn with my mum at the moment, and will be until this lockdown is over at least.

whereabouts are you and are you aware of the irish pinball league ? We have had the first meet of this season and the second should have been back in March but obviously that’s all out the window at the moment.

We have had Addams, Star Trek:next gen, Simpson’s pinball party and DE Jurassic Park At meets in the past so the games should be to your taste. Had an Iron man also.Send me an email at Irish.pinball.league@gmail.co.uk if you want to know when the league starts up again and where the next meets are etc. Meets are normally on Sunday afternoons
Yes, near the Kingspan stadium, Ravenhill area.
Had no idea there was a league, will drop you an email sometime when all the lockdown stuff passes.
Yes looking to pick up my first one have been presented with couple of choices, which I'm giving some thought to.

Star Trek the Next Gen I actually really like, I'm leaning towards trying to find one of these or a simpsons pinball party, however unsure if its in my budget range. There is a JP that I'm also tempted with, as well as some other games people have.

Thanks

Thanks, Ive seen that one unfortuently a little above my budget

Looks like I might have found my first machine, a pirates of the caribbean, POTC. Just waiting for the seller to send some pics, then the wait unit the virus lock-down is over!

There’ll always be some maintenance involved eventually but that’s part of the fun. Today for example I decided to sort this gap out as it had always bothered me...
b3dca2cdd7d3767d4c7c533ebb846b23.jpg

...turns out the wrong length posts had been used (literally a tiny difference), ordered new posts (75p each) then got impatient so cut the existing ones down - looks perfect now, my OCD is happy.

Andy, I noticed that but never bothered to look why :)

I think I paid £3700 for my LOTR last year. It's an ideal only pin due to the deep rules and the challenge of reaching Valinor. It depends if you want a game for years or if you're willing to swap regularly, if the latter applies, you can buy just about anything. I would have my eye on the likes of CSI, RBION and Junk Yard which are still £2xxx games.

Hi,
A family member recently passed (fortunatley not from the virus) and I was looking to buy a pinball machine, to have something physical to remember them. After some helpful feedback its possible I might be able to stretch to 3.5k/3.6k. Depending on how long the virus goes on for!

Idealy I am looking for one of the following in order of preference:

Stern - Lord of the rings (with or without UK All skill posts, I actually like them, good for the kids!)
Stern - Simpsons pinball party - (with or without UK All skill posts, I actually like them, good for the kids!)
Stern - Elivs (with or without UK All skill posts, I actually like them, good for the kids!)
Williams - Star Trek the next generation
Stern - Pirates of the caribbean
Williams - Adams Family
Data East - Jurasic Park
Stern - Tron Legacy Pro

I appreciate some of these machines may or may not be outside my budget, but am happy with condition being a bit tatty, broken plastics, minor playfield wear, however they need to be fully working

Flexible with Location as from London and am over in the UK visiting family fairly often.

A couple of requirements to prevent wasting everyones time:
1) Pictures of the machine, playfield, sides, backbox
2) Payment will only be made upon collection after seeing it working. (don't worry I won't re-negotiate the pre-agreed price, as long as your description/photos are honest)
3) Payment and collection could only take place after the virus lock down, as its currently impossible to travel from Northern Ireland. (so guessing around end of May/June)

If you have a machine for sale within my budget and post 1990's not on the list, drop me a message with price, I might be interested if it stirs the databanks!

Thanks in advance
Hi, I put a Gorgar on here a day or two ago. It was the first ‘talking’ Pinball so has some cudos for that. It’s on for £1425 but that’s easily negotiable. This is the link https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/gorgar-the-first-talking-pinball-for-sale.45674/or just look at ’new posts’ also here’s the ipdb link https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?gid=1062. Can fit in with all your Covid/viewing requirements.

I think I paid £3700 for my LOTR last year. It's an ideal only pin due to the deep rules and the challenge of reaching Valinor. It depends if you want a game for years or if you're willing to swap regularly, if the latter applies, you can buy just about anything. I would have my eye on the likes of CSI, RBION and Junk Yard which are still £2xxx games.
I would love a lord of the rings, I might have stretched to £3700., however the only ones Ive seen sold recently on here are £4200 and one for £5200, which is way above my budget.

Hi, I put a Gorgar on here a day or two ago. It was the first ‘talking’ Pinball so has some cudos for that. It’s on for £1425 but that’s easily negotiable. This is the link https://www.pinballinfo.com/community/threads/gorgar-the-first-talking-pinball-for-sale.45674/or just look at ’new posts’ also here’s the ipdb link https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?gid=1062. Can fit in with all your Covid/viewing requirements.
Sorry its not a game Ive ever liked, im more of a post 90's pin fan, thanks for the heads up though.

Get the Judge Dredd that is available for £2,400 its in minty condition and a blast of a game....

Good luck with your hunt.
Thanks, I was tempted, its in great condition and obviously loved by its current owner, however the Mrs rejected. The only place we can put a pin is in our living room and she had no interested in a Judge dread theme :(. I would have taken his STTNG :) I still havent beaten the mrs high score on the xbox emulator.

If any one has a STTNG in good condition I would be interested or simpsons pinball party. ;)

I would love a lord of the rings, I might have stretched to £3700., however the only ones Ive seen sold recently on here are £4200 and one for £5200, which is way above my budget.
Someone was struggling to sell one for £3900 a while ago, I'm not even sure if it sold. You never can tell with pinball prices.

Sent from my VKY-L09 using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom