What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Light up the playfield on a JP Pro?

SpiderPin

Site Supporter
Hi all - slight issue with our JP pro - the centre of the playfield is rather dark. I've seen Pinstadium, but at £275 for the cheapest one I would prefer to put that towards another Pin! Any ideas for how to light the playfield better on a budget?

Don’t laugh but I’m sure I have seen pics in comps with head torches being used, that’s cheap and will do the job.
OK 🤣
I set up the lighting in my room so it lights the playfield without reflections on the glass by setting them behind the player, whole room cheaper was than a pinstadium.
Although I had a pinstadium on my LOTR and it was great but came with it when I bought it.

I think going the DIY route may be the best. Some strip lights from Amazon and Aluminium Angle may work fine!
Any thoughts on how to attach the L bracket to the cabinet while making it easy to remove the playfield?

Last edited:
Sure you can lift the playfield with magnetic tape attatched?
That's the idea - I was thinking about normal double sided tape but that would block lifting the playfield so magnets would be perfect, but I'm not sure if the side bars are magnetic. Fingers crossed!

That's the idea - I was thinking about normal double sided tape but that would block lifting the playfield so magnets would be perfect, but I'm not sure if the side bars are magnetic. Fingers crossed!
Why don't you make them like Wayne did and have them outside the cabinet. Angled down so they shine through the glass. You can then move from machine to machine

Add more ambient light to you room is the best option - it works on all your pins and usually very cheap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Back
Top Bottom