What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lifting a Pin

Marvello

Site Supporter
Alias
Marv
Are there any tips or tricks for lifting the back end of a Pin on your own to put the back legs on? For regular Pins I've managed to (just about) lift it on my own on to a stand, but I think I'd struggle with the heavier ones and it feels like a matter of time before I damage either myself or the Pin (or both!)

A jack might be an option but would need to extend to about 24". I like what this guy has done:

Last edited:
A hydraulic lift trolley makes setting pins up simple. Just lower a tombstoned pin onto it, jack it up, and put the legs on, then move it to where ever you want...

seriously spend the money on a lift. If you don't do you back in you'll do serious damage to your arms.

I have small foldable stool for this, I have a hydraulic ramp/lift that’s for anything other than quick. Even when recovering from stroke I’ve been able to shift tables with one good arm and a leg at 40-50%

With a flat bed lift, haven't you still got to man-handle the Pin onto it (and off again when you want to move/sell it)? Wouldn't lowering the Pin down on to it defeat the object of avoiding injury? Unless you put the front legs on and insert the lift in from the side?

It is the lifting/lowering of the back of the Pin I'm interested in, not moving them around. I've got some Pin skates for that.

Back
Top Bottom