What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Let's talk about TPA (The Pinball Arcade)

I'm not exactly sure what happened but if you play Williams Pinball Classics on the Wii/ps2/psp, the tables play much better than on the pinball arcade.

They change something and broke it :(

The Wii is still the best version due to controller scheme.

I'm not exactly sure what happened but if you play Williams Pinball Classics on the Wii/ps2/psp, the tables play much better than on the pinball arcade.

They change something and broke it :(

The Wii is still the best version due to controller scheme.

Never even tried the Wii version. Bought one for my other half and now it sits, gathering dust. In fact, I didn't even know you could play pinball on it!

In the Wii version of the game, the player uses the trigger buttons of the Wii Remote and Nunchuk to activate the flippers. The table can be bumped or shifted with the motion sensors in either the Remote or Nunchuck. The resulting table motion is proportional in magnitude and identical in direction to the controller's motion. This allows skilled players to use just enough motion to perform advanced ball saves without triggering the tilt mechanism, just as can be done on a physical machine.[3]

From wikipeadia....

This allows skilled players to use just enough motion to perform advanced ball saves without triggering the tilt mechanism, just as can be done on a physical machine.[3]

Except without actually touching anything physical whatsoever.

I always found 'in air' control methods to be a little tiresome, hence my aversion to using the Wii. UBER lazy I am. :D

Since you are not pointing it at the screen, the controllers can be anywhere.....

Makes it much easier on the hands than even the ps3 controller.

I think the BAM mod is probably the best option for Virtual Pinball. Not played any in person but just look at how gorgeous they are:

Will have that in Unit3D soon and an occulus rift vision if you have one of those things.

I do fancy the Oculus rift setup, but think i'll wait until the retail version is out with lots of cool software and games to run on it out by then...I hope.

For me, TPA is pretty much the only way outside of events like Play, Revival and UKPP that I can get to play real replicated tables (until I get my own).

Totally appreciate that to pinball purists its not particularly great and of course is far easier to get scores you could only dream about on a real table. Its similar for me comparing being on a real race track and being on a computer / console racing sim.

It does play very well though despite some bugs and missing features (PS4 version has no friend comparison leaderboards, whereas PS3/Vita one does?!?!?!). Plus when else can you realistically play great rare tables like Cactus Canyon. Have season 1 on both PS4 and Vita and season 2 on Vita also, waiting for season 3 to finish before buying the pack for it.

Visual pinball is hands down the best physics sim with this new physmod. Graphics not being real 3D can be a let down for some but that isn't as important as it playing well.

Windows 8 tablet running VP

Surprised they are making a licensed game without a Kickstarter. Hopefully this will pave the way for ports of other less popular licenses like Demo Man, Johnny Mnemonic and Congo.

Back
Top Bottom