What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Labyrinth, from Barrels of fun!

To me this looks AMAZING.... I'm not a Bowie fan (alternative back glass please) but this was one of my favourite films growing up and it looks like they have really done it justice.
Reminds me of JJP when they first revealed WOZ, threw everything at it and made a proper world under glass.
Just need to convince the Mrs who is very much in the 'this is just another obscure niche old fim' way of thinking.... no it not, to me at least, this is one of those films that has a little bit of magic about it.

Most of the new themes are just "meh" to me but this and Pulp Fiction look really good.

Can't wait for Stern's next "fan" layout. /Sarcasm

Speaking of which aren't they doing a reveal at that pinball expo thing?

Speaking of which aren't they doing a reveal at that pinball expo thing?

That's what people are saying, and would make sense in terms of the reveal timings. A few of us are going to be there - I get there on the Wednesday, vendor setup day, which I think means no public. I'm doing a talk on the final day so I have a boss-level backstage pass, so I'm hoping I might be able to get a few cheeky games in on the Wednesday before every man and their dog tweets about it.

That's what people are saying, and would make sense in terms of the reveal timings. A few of us are going to be there - I get there on the Wednesday, vendor setup day, which I think means no public. I'm doing a talk on the final day so I have a boss-level backstage pass, so I'm hoping I might be able to get a few cheeky games in on the Wednesday before every man and their dog tweets about it.
Stern releasing at expo Davey ? Really thought next was jaws in December

Sorry mate I meant Labyrinth.

Although there is talk that Dutch might be announcing something.
Argh my bad … I hear there’s going to be something to make the pinball world rock at expo and I can’t see it being Elton … only thing that would shake things up would be Dutch with bttf now that would be interesting

Argh my bad … I hear there’s going to be something to make the pinball world rock at expo and I can’t see it being Elton … only thing that would shake things up would be Dutch with bttf now that would be interesting

That's certainly what I'm hoping for!

Was so impressed with TBL this week, if they do BTTF that would be a massive score for them as a company, and us who want a packed game.

JJP must be sweatin

There are few more and remake. Fathom (expensive). Celts the Pinball, Punny Factory and Centaur remake? (mega bucks). Fathom looks a beauty also compared to this.

Centaur and Fathom are pretty-much identical to the originals, but with extra rules for the luxury models. Having played an original Fathom, watched the remake video, and currently working on a full resto of an Alien Poker (which I’m hoping will eventually include new code), I don‘t think Haggis have made sensitive additions. Too much TNA-esque strobe lighting and inappropriate music, etc. on what’s quite a chilled pin.

Sounds like you may not like the flatbeds. Too simple and want more depth. F14 has to be on the same level as PF because it's just wire, VUKs. Seawitch Beatles is good just mega bucks for what you get.
I own a TNA CE. I had a pre-order/waitlist for two years. I also own an actual flatbed classic (Alien Poker) to which - after a playfield swap - I’m hoping to code a topper with a new ruleset inspired by The Beatles. But, no, absolutely hate single-level pins - completely hate ’em :rolleyes:

I prefer they were more difficult but not impossible. No point playing an easy game as it just an unchallenging grind. A lot of these modern have so many shots you can't brick & perfect feeds back to the flippers for 2 hour games.
As @stumblor points out, GZ is not a two-hour game for most players. PBR hosts some of the UK’s best players for Thursday night league and the median walk-up score is 19 million. The non-sucky scores on GZ at the UK Open, which was a major international event attracting players from the US and Europe, started around 40 million. That’s literally shoot two ramps, start Titanosaurus at the scoop, hit a couple of stand-up targets - five shots, five minutes.

To be playing two-hour games, you’ve got to be either Paul Englert, set up your GZ VERY easy, or else film a LOT of games and pick the best one. Generally, the ’long’ games for home players are stuff like CGC Cactus Canyon, Elvira HOH, The Big Lebowski, a few of the JJPs, or Deadpool where I have got to the second rank of monsters on a casual walk-up game. And, you’ll note, most of these are very popular/well loved and most are not by Stern.

And now we can return to our regular scheduled squeeing over the Labyrinth pin.

Not a theme for me but I think this looks great. Really exciting to see a new company enter the market like this with a machine ready to go. Love how they're using the screen at the back of the playfield. Looking forward to seeing gameplay and curious to see what they do next.

Bit concerned on the reliability front though, especially the early games. It took Dutch ages to dial in TBL.

For what it's worth, my Lebowski was the eighth off the line at ARA and I took delivery back in 2016. There were a few teething issues with the machine but since those were sorted it's been one of my most reliable games.

the resale value compared to a PF doesn't even come close

I wouldn't be so sure about that. It sounds like loads of PF have been ordered by people over here, and I'd put money on them outnumbering Labyrinths in the UK by a considerable margin. This means that PF will inevitably end up on the secondary market more frequently, which in turn tends to drive the price down as over time everyone who is interested has had one. Look at what is happening with Godzilla now - they're getting harder to shift because there are so many of them around so prices are dropping.

If Labyrinth turns out to be good and not that many are sold over here I'd hazard a guess that it will hold it's value better than PF.

I also own an actual flatbed classic (Alien Poker) to which - after a playfield swap - I’m hoping to code a topper with a new ruleset inspired by The Beatles. But, no, absolutely hate single-level pins - completely hate ’em :rolleyes:

I forgot you had one of those (decent original game) but that's the impression I got :)

I wouldn't be so sure about that. It sounds like loads of PF have been ordered by people over here, and I'd put money on them outnumbering Labyrinths in the UK by a considerable margin. This means that PF will inevitably end up on the secondary market more frequently, which in turn tends to drive the price down as over time everyone who is interested has had one.

Yeah they should outnumber by far of course. Agree it could go like that 100% but can go other ways where it's a keeper. I don't think you'll see them every week for sale though.

Go make some mods for Expo then. All this time you've wasted so far you could have made a new pop up troll mod or something constructive. Just because someone else has different opinion no need throw toys.

Can you and Veemunroe send him a photo for the sculpts for this mod? - I’d pay top dollar to replace my trolls on my MM with sculpts of you two! 😂🤣

Can you and Veemunroe send him a photo for the sculpts for this mod? - I’d pay top dollar to replace my trolls on my MM with sculpts of you two! 😂🤣

You could take Lenny Henry's place on the BBC for comedy. Don't give up your day job.

A heck of a lot of imagination went into this movie. Had to stop it a few times as my son is too young to watch this..two thirds thru!

I was going to take a crack at it with my kids - how old is your boy Kenny?

Would probably prefer Dark Crystal but that is waaay scarier.

Eddie (12) and I watched Coraline last night. What a cracker that movie is.

Well, I for one am genuinely excited about this - but then, I'm a huge Bowie fan.
Only an actual themed Bowie pin would be better 😍

Back
Top Bottom