What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kiss LE

chuckychucks

Registered
I have a friend selling a Kiss LE NIB and i really want...it's a US model and was just wondering what would be a reasonable offer.

Any advice appreciated :)

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

Its' still in the US so that is why i am mindful of what to offer, also curious if someone had a NIB in the UK or Europe what the going rate would be.

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

Its' still in the US so that is why i am mindful of what to offer, also curious if someone had a NIB in the UK or Europe what the going rate would be.
You do know that a US will not work in the UK without some jiggery pokery ?

Yes..already got that end of it sorted :) just unsure if its's worth the hassle of getting it here.

Think you might have picked a bad week to try buying anything from the US in dollars:eek:

If you are looking at 8 grand for a game it seems pretty pricey. I'm guessing as well as shipping there will be import duty etc.

Sourcing one in Europe would probably be a lot cheaper

Think you might have picked a bad week to try buying anything from the US in dollars:eek:

If you are looking at 8 grand for a game it seems pretty pricey. I'm guessing as well as shipping there will be import duty etc.

Sourcing one in Europe would probably be a lot cheaper

Yeah i know what you mean with the £-$ rate...watching it every day hoping and praying that it is going to improve...but sadly looks like that is not going to happen any time soon, Europe is not much better with sterling and euro predicted to be on a parr by the end of the year :-(

Aside from imports from the US no longer being feasible from a value perspective, have you actually played Stern Kiss much or at all? It's rightly pilloried for being an incomplete, bug ridden mess.

You might want to reassess the situation in a year or two (I suspect there will still be LEs available).

If you like rock, and want it for that reason alone, there are 2 more machines upcoming relatively soon. Stern Aerosmith and another manufacturer with something else.

Never played it..big fan of the band over the years and wanted to add it to my collection, I was curious as to why there was so many Kiss LE games still for sale in the US when usually at this point they would be typically hard to get so you saying it's a bug ridden mess makes sense but can this not be fixed with a code update? I was kinda assuming it would be as great as AC/DC or Metallica.

Not a big fan of Aerosmith but if the other pin was Iron Maiden then I would be all over that :)

I don't think this is a game you should buy without having put some time into it.

Could be fixed, but hasn't been. After it being in a state as bad or worse than WWE and no updates for months, they released an update 6 months ago. Consensus was that it was a minor improvement. Stern had previously talked about a total rule rewrite, but that didn't materialise and it hasn't been mentioned again, nor have further updates. Same for WWE.

I don't think anyone would put it remotely close to ACDC or Metallica.

Iron Maiden is apparently the music theme after Aerosmith, for Stern. Aerosmith will probably be revealed at CES in January, so the next music license for Stern after that will likely be H1 '18.

Maybe if someone here or on the continent is selling a used Pro for a song, you could give it a whirl and lose little or no money if (when) you are dissatisfied. But don't spend money on a Premium or LE ... almost no-one that knows about its state will want one at this stage.

I don't think this is a game you should buy without having put some time into it.

Could be fixed, but hasn't been. After it being in a state as bad or worse than WWE and no updates for months, they released an update 6 months ago. Consensus was that it was a minor improvement. Stern had previously talked about a total rule rewrite, but that didn't materialise and it hasn't been mentioned again, nor have further updates. Same for WWE.

I don't think anyone would put it remotely close to ACDC or Metallica.

Iron Maiden is apparently the music theme after Aerosmith, for Stern. Aerosmith will probably be revealed at CES in January, so the next music license for Stern after that will likely be H1 '18.

Maybe if someone here or on the continent is selling a used Pro for a song, you could give it a whirl and lose little or no money if (when) you are dissatisfied. But don't spend money on a Premium or LE ... almost no-one that knows about its state will want one at this stage.

Thanks for the advice Ducks, sometimes the heart rules the head...it's a real shame that Stern are not taking more interest in this game, to me it's almost criminal when you take into consideration how much money these games cost.

After this i was considering Ghostbusters but then I was at the Dutch Pinball Museum a few weeks ago and the owner told me not to entertain that game either because of the flippers being too far apart, he was advising me to go for Game of Thrones

I am unsure now of what my next step should be, maybe I will take your advice and look out for a Kiss pro, I haven't seen them come up that much so I guess I will just have to be patient

I'd wait regardless. Personally I think JJP #3 will be the title almost everyone is clamouring for.

Lawlor design with an original theme and likely very large development budget.

Youssi art.

JP de Win animation and graphics.

Keith Johnson and Ted Estes doing the code.

Seems like a dream team to me.

For a casual knock around KISS is fine. For £7k+ there are far better titles.

If you've never played one then I really would hold off. New code might save it but it sure is a long time coming.

Pipeline Thomas has one (I think it's a pro). I think it's now sited in a London pub but can't remember where.

I'd wait regardless. Personally I think JJP #3 will be the title almost everyone is clamouring for.

Lawlor design with an original theme and likely very large development budget.

Youssi art.

JP de Win animation and graphics.

Keith Johnson and Ted Estes doing the code.

Seems like a dream team to me.

Have those guys been involved in WOZ or Hobbit? Whilst the tables are beautiful and seem to be well made the games are both a snore fest in my view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have those guys been involved in WOZ or Hobbit? Whilst the tables are beautiful and seem to be well made the games are both a snore fest in my view.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Youssi and Lawlor no. I just can't imagine Lawlor bungling an original theme where he was effectively given carte blanche, and commissioning bad art from Youssi - who was responsible for many of the most iconic art packages.

I love WOZ, definitely my favourite machine if I had to pick one.

Hobbit I did play a couple of games on at Chief .... but I have less than zero interest in a theme with Hobbitses ... much like LotR.

I prefer Kiss to Hobbit tbh, at least there's a bit of danger with some of Kiss' shots. Hobbit damn near sends me to sleep. The code might not be complete but it's still a pretty fun game to play on location. Not convinced its worth buying and LE over a pro though.

you can get transformers that will do both voyage and frequency now., but personally if I was doing this I'd prefer to change the machine to do this.

Cheers,
Neil

I have one in my lab from gohz - not cheap and not something that you are going to want to do to save money...

Neil.

Someone told me the simran ones also do frequency conversion but I'm not convinced about that and don't want to risk trying it :D

I use mine with an old japanese Technic's turntable. If you use a step up it still runs too slow!

Cheers,
Neil.

I have one in my lab from gohz - not cheap and not something that you are going to want to do to save money...

Neil.

GoHz are the cheapest frequency converter you'd want to put something as expensive as a pinball machine on.

I have one too, and it's very good ... save for the spring in the power on switch being so snatchy that it shorts and trips the damned thing if you aren't very gentle in turning it on. Bought a new one, but haven't installed it yet.

Oh, and the stock fan is an absolute screamer .... pulled that out and put a PC case fan in which keeps it silent.

Back
Top Bottom