What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kicked off Facebook group :)

R

robertlucas1970

I got kicked out the UK pinball Facebook group today for asking if the price was correct on Demo Man at £3750.
It was claimed to be owned for 15 years and came from a private collector who had it from new, yet you can see the holes from a security bar.
All seems a bit strange, is Wez getting money from these overpriced sales ? Are we not allowed to comment on a overpriced pin ?
I thought a pinball community is meant to help and give advice, this surly includes overpriced pins claiming to be HUO.
Looks like I am stuck her to do my deals now :)

He isnt. I think he did join once, however may have gotten himself removed for being naughty...

There have been rumours that he vets every post and gets first dibs in where he can because he's an admin. However he obviously keeps a lovely clientelle of keyboard warriors there, since one of them decided to lock horns with me....and on here. Needless to say that wasnt the brightest thing to do... I did of course wait for him to break the rules first :)

If we are talking about Andrew Blackhouse I think the post with this demo man could be his or he is asking other people to list his overpriced pins.
The only person I every had problems with was this Andrew, very strange man sending all sorts nonsense.

why not have someone try and post a made up pinball for a stupidly low price on his group and see if he takes the bait ;-)

I see DJ Wez is at it again! If it's not the Yahoo group shenanigans and him selling his "I heart DJ Wez" Johnnie's, what's next!

I am part of this group but never do anything with it. Got me chuckling the other day when they were advertising some sort of "WIN A PINBALL MACHINE" contest and the photos advertising the games were close ups of knackered playfields with peeling paint, destroyed rubbers, some games with no rubbers on the flippers etc...

Didn't look like much of a prize!

It is run by Wez and his girlfriend using 3 accounts. He runs it how he wants to. He has a lot of members. If you don't want to use it then don't use it.

What I find funny is that the UK Pinball community is not trying to pull together. This forum slams the old Yahoo group, Wez's Facebook page are slamming this forum, this forum are slamming Wez's page. Are we all children or grown ups?

There are two UK Pinball Facebook groups why not merge them?

David

What I find funny is that the UK Pinball community is not trying to pull together. This forum slams the old Yahoo group, Wez's Facebook page are slamming this forum, this forum are slamming Wez's page. Are we all children or grown ups?

David

I suspect old grudges are the reason.

Some adults cannot grow up and forgive and forget like others!

This forum slams the old Yahoo group

I challenge you to find where anything i have said is non-factual, or "slamming the old Yahoo Group". It has a fond place in my heart.

The old yahoo group was great! A massive community made up of a bunch of very knowledgable people, built over many years.
The only thing i would say was that, whilst it stood the test of time, unfortunately it suffered from a lack of flexability from yahoo... which was topped off when groups were effectively "closed" last/this year. Sad times.

With regards to people and their groups (Facebook specifically), everyone likes their "piece of the pie", which unfortunately fractionalises and dilutes the knowledge and user base. I'm very much a "if you build it, and build it right, they will come..."
This place isnt "mine". I am just fortunate to be the current custodean. It belongs to the members that make it the place that it is.

Paul, don't take it personally. There have been people on this forum that have slagged off the Yahoo group or comments made by members on that group.

As for the Facebook groups, why not promote the initiative to try to build bridges so there is a single go to destination on Facebook as well as this forum?

David

One would assume @DAFlippers - that any community that allows the sale of machines in a vetted manner, that is open to cherry picking is deemed as unacceptable to many within the community, to be a place of communion. Not that it is wrong to do so, that is free trade, but to make it a place of gathering, seems not to be an option. One group is about Pinball, one is about the sale of pinball machines (with potentially the incentive to moderate outlined above), different agendas. One would seem to be inclusive in its nature, one potentially divisive.

For me, the "pinball community" are the people who host, organise and attend league meetings, the people who organise, support and attend shows, the people who let newbies into their homes to play machines to help them enter the hobby, the people who offer support and advice to others, the people who create, build, design, fix things in support of other pinball owners etc etc

I'd suggest that 99.9% of those people are on this forum :thumbs: Just my humble opinion of course :D

David

That's life I'm afraid. I run a West Ham supporters group as well as a forum. Naturally there are other West Ham groups, facebook pages, YT channels etc and it's very partisan. The FB site doesn't like the forum, the forum doesn't like the news website, the Twitter followers don't like the FB ones and on it goes.

The common denominator is West Ham so you'd assume that would unite but it doesn't. Folk are tribal and have their favourites and it's always been thus.

The photography forums are no different despite the shared interest.

However if you want a real example of The Judean Peoples Front vs The Peoples Front of Judea then look no further than the world of caravans and camping.
Mods & Rockers, Celtic & Rangers, Montagues & Capulets, Lions & Hyenas . . . . . . none of these great rivalries come close to 'The Caravan Club' vs 'The Camping and Caravanning Club' .

For me, the "pinball community" are the people who host, organise and attend league meetings, the people who organise, support and attend shows, the people who let newbies into their homes to play machines to help them enter the hobby, the people who offer support and advice to others, the people who create, build, design, fix things in support of other pinball owners etc etc

I'd suggest that 99.9% of those people are on this forum :thumbs: Just my humble opinion of course :D

Nail hit firmly on the head 👌

Back
Top Bottom