What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jurassic Park Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
Just take out the playfield on a modern stern. It is not hard. I unplug it and move it out the way, but as Wayne says correctly you can leave it connected.

I have put them in with the playfield in but life is so much easier when you remove them.

73ce741fbe562297a6293960c3c4a7763f4e6283.jpg

From Pinside. Comet clear cool white on the right, original bulbs on the left. Can't figure out which I prefer. I like the warmth of the left and the bright blue of the right.

View attachment 131130

From Pinside. Comet clear cool white on the right, original bulbs on the left. Can't figure out which I prefer. I like the warmth of the left and the bright blue of the right.
I keep thinking when i get a Jp the first thing i was going to do is go cool white, change the jeep and add a raptor, i just find it a little dark with the warms! Sadly Jp pro is going home next week, going to miss it for sure most fun i have has playing a pin for a long time even the wife plays it!

I keep thinking when i get a Jp the first thing i was going to do is go cool white, change the jeep and add a raptor, i just find it a little dark with the warms! Sadly Jp pro is going home next week, going to miss it for sure most fun i have has playing a pin for a long time even the wife plays it!

At this point I pretty much think it's my favourite pinball ever. Just so addictive! When you're really dialed in on this and you quickly smash through multiple paddocks it's just so fun!

I did think about switching the jeep out, doesn't look too tricky but tbh the one that's on there is fine. As for bulbs I'm split down the middle, both look good but I do like that pop of the whites. Did you have the movie code on yours?

At this point I pretty much think it's my favourite pinball ever. Just so addictive! When you're really dialed in on this and you quickly smash through multiple paddocks it's just so fun!

I did think about switching the jeep out, doesn't look too tricky but tbh the one that's on there is fine. As for bulbs I'm split down the middle, both look good but I do like that pop of the whites. Did you have the movie code on yours?
Dont think so its the one from tilt does play the orginal soundtrack but not movie quotes or videos ill have to have a look on youtube to see what its like

Wow thats made me want one even more think ill join the cue for one tbh thinking about going new on it. i think the pro looks enough, but agree the prem arts better and ill have to get that translite for sure awesome!

Ha, I'll message Phil about commission! I think the Pro is fine. The T-rex on the premium is great but it can be a troublesome mech. Translite switch is a must!

I was pleasantly surprised with the warm look when I got my JP so it is warm white all the way for me on this Pin.

Yeah it looks great as is, not necessary to change it overall imo

Can someone tell me what the difference is between standard and normal games as it came up the other day, also how do i get into the nubla challenge, am loving the machine had quite a few games on it not half as many as the wife, our scoring is still quite naff my best score being only around 284 million.

I've not needed to take out the carriage bolt that Wayne mentions as it typically sits above that and I'm using Stern and Tilt Graphics side blades (might be different for mirrors or others).

on some playfields you need your wife or significant other to help as they are weighty especially SAM playfields which also have loads of cabling that add to the weight.

putting the playfield back in is also key. get your significant other to lift the playfield up so that you go in at the same angle as if you were lifting the playfield up in the game, that allows you to guide the bottom half of the game carefully into the rails, then you can walk to the front and take over the front end of the game and put it back in carefully.

If you are working on your game and having to lift the playfield often I do recommend the PU plastic protectors which hilariously you can't get from PU anymore but you can get from pinball life

Honestly though its so simple especially on spike 2 games to take the PF out to do this.

Neil.

Made these for the JP twins. Hopefully will have some pics fitted soon but I liked em so much I made some for my DP (see the DP thread)
Anyways shooter plate V2 in 2 flavours and some pinball flipper bat toppers again in 2 flavours.

These are not simple decals but 1.6mm engraving laminate that kinda look 3D with the textured cut outs.

Pm if interested @ £10 each inc p&p

502DE9D1-044B-42B0-B931-7AC2102D9CA7.jpeg

Sorry if this has already been over multiple times, but what’s the best way to get the movie code for a pro? Is it fairly straightforward to sort?
Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry if this has already been over multiple times, but what’s the best way to get the movie code for a pro? Is it fairly straightforward to sort?
Cheers

Search for it on pinside then you have to message the guy who created it and he’ll send you the download link.
Easiest way is stick to the stock code & enjoy the great animations [emoji106]

Agree👆

My TMNT came with the original cartoon code on which lasted all of 3-4 games with me! I love the theme but still think Stern do a great job with the licence anyway.

Do you not lose the jukebox and instant wizard modes though.
col

Search for it on pinside then you have to message the guy who created it and he’ll send you the download link.
Easiest way is stick to the stock code & enjoy the great animations [emoji106]

Thanks Andy. Have done that[emoji106]. Not usually a fan of changing the code, but have heard from multiple sources it’s a game changer. Love the film so I think it will be great. Can always go back [emoji106]

All I will say is, it doesn’t make you a better player.
I love the code, video and audio, but at present only me playing the game, so with my eyes firmly fixed on that gaping hole between the flippers I’m not seeing much of the masterpiece that has been created by Tim.

Not bad for a quick blast on day 2. Didn't go for the visitors centre either, caught the t-rex and spino instead to mix things up. I badly want the 2 billion on this game but I also just like trying to catch as many Dino's as possible...

PXL_20210824_142353073.MP.jpg

Cool mod!. That video however sums up JP for me, brick, brick, brick, brick, ramp, brick. Exactly how I played mine :rofl:.
Yes I though it was just me! And @Neil McRae saying no such thing as clunky you just a ****e player!
My new descriptive word for this Elwin nonesense from now on is Brick.
Same **** with IMDN on combos through the pops!
In the meantime if anyone would like to stream this game and do 10 shots in a row to show us how to hit it more than 30% of the time (if I’m lucky) please do as us ****e players need to be proven wrong.

But I do agree very nice mod worthy of the cost whatever it is.

What is your high score on Jurassic Park Col?

Here's a short showing the Ray Charles's among us where the shots are

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom