What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jurassic Park Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
the slings?

can you take a picture of where its getting stuck and post it?

Neil.

Sounds like Stern might have installed the wrong size sling rubbers.
Like Neil says post us some pictures from a few different angles, hopefully we might be able to see if there is a fault somewhere.

The only time I've ever had a ball stuck in the slings was on my Metallica after I had cleaned/waxed the playfield.

It can happen on any newly cleaned game.

@DeWhal Check that the sling rubbers are correctly placed. If it continues consider changing the sling rubbers. Easiest way is normally to unscrew on of the sling plastic securing nuts or use a telescopic magnet stick.

Lol, I'm such a noob i can even get the terminology right yet! 🤣

Here is a picture of stuck ball #4!

I've checked the position of the rubber and it's sitting in the grooves on the posts on both sides so would assume the rubber is correctly sited

Attachments

• IMG_20210108_164800_005.jpg
    IMG_20210108_164800_005.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

I've checked the position of the rubber and it's sitting in the grooves on the posts on both sides so would assume the rubber is correctly sited

Have you tried sliding the rubber all the way to the top?

Have you tried sliding the rubber all the way to the top?
What do you mean mate? Are you being serious, or was that a joke? As a newbie might not get it and without knowing what you mean, god knows what they might try 😂.

This looks on proper to me and doesn’t look like there’s too much slack in it either. So not sure what to suggest either. If @Gonzo was being serious, there might be something he knows.

What do you mean mate? Are you being serious, or was that a joke? As a newbie might not get it and without knowing what you mean, god knows what they might try 😂.

This looks on proper to me and doesn’t look like there’s too much slack in it either. So not sure what to suggest either. If @Gonzo was being serious, there might be something he knows.

No, this was a one-off serious post.

It looks as if it's trapped behind the slingshot rubber. It happened to me once and I just rolled the rubber up and popped the ball out. I thought it would be less hassle than unscrewing it.

Tried to take the exact same photo on my Prem. never had that issue

time for a bit of spot the difference lol

Attachments

• 249C1C6B-81EF-4146-B93A-EC0B04B0D380.jpeg
    249C1C6B-81EF-4146-B93A-EC0B04B0D380.jpeg
    122.5 KB · Views: 35

That happened on my Tron a few times after installing the clear silicone disc, it was brutal for a few games. It's still much more chaotic than the rubber disc even now.

No, this was a one-off serious post.

It looks as if it's trapped behind the slingshot rubber. It happened to me once and I just rolled the rubber up and popped the ball out. I thought it would be less hassle than unscrewing it.
I thought you meant leaving it in the up position (wheeyyy)

Try fitting a smaller slingshot rubber, a tighter one should stop a ball getting past it.
Not sure what is fitted as standard but go for one 1/4 inch smaller and see how that goes.

Hi all,

I became the proud owner of a NIB JP Prem today, wow, what an amazing game!

The only downside so far is that I've had 3 trapped balls so far. The ball gets stuck right inside the lower bumpers. I mean right inside, behind the rubber, behind the switches, behind the solenoid. I've no idea how it manages to get in but it's very difficult to get it out again!

I've not read anything on here or Pinside about others having this issue.

Does anyone have suggestions on cause and resolutions?

Thanks!
Rich
Do you mean the slingshots (just above the flippers), rather than bumpers?
If the ball is finding its way in there regularly it is either the rubber band is too big/loose, or it's not fitted correctly and is too high.

@Paul Edit: I see all this has already been answered, I've been getting weird issues with notifications of unread threads/ads but can't find what they are? Also going back to start of a thread rather than latest unread post, don't know whether it's got anything to do with latest changes

Last edited:
Comparing @DeWhal picture with that posted by @Scorn - you can see that @DeWhal sling is warped it pushes down at the top (left side in the photo) then raises in the middle. That rise is helping the ball slide in underneath.

I'd see about obtaining and installing a @Colywobbles sling protector which would help sort the problem...

Just when you think you know it all on this game.

played a few games today and while playing fluffed the first skill shot. However I could have sworn I hit (no idea how) a secret skill shot ? 10 mil and +8s ball save. Again I think.

anyone else had this or know how to hit it ?

Just when you think you know it all on this game.

played a few games today and while playing fluffed the first skill shot. However I could have sworn I hit (no idea how) a secret skill shot ? 10 mil and +8s ball save. Again I think.

anyone else had this or know how to hit it ?

This game has several secret skill shots. Try T Rex Ramp, Right Ramp, Tower shot then the ‘O’ shot for massive points!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This game has several secret skill shots. Try T Rex Ramp, Right Ramp, Tower shot then the ‘O’ shot for massive points!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Bloody hell you deserve massive points! I found JP Hard enough to shoot anyway without having to hit a 4 way combo WTAF

Seeing as this pin doesn't seem to be going anywhere yet (minor miracle given my track record) thought I might pimp it out a little. Opinions on side blades vs mirrors for this? I like Retro refurbs blue ones but better than mirrors? Whadda you reckon?

Jurassic-Park-Data-East-Movie-copy.jpg

I always think that if the artwork on the PF is overwhelming and busy then I go for mirrors. A good example would be Deadpool which really doesn't require any further drawings.

I always intended to get the art blades on JP just to give it that extra jungle vibe. I think the ones above look pretty good mate.

Try and see if you can find pics of a machine with blades on to see how they look.
I got mine from Retro Refurbs but they look like a slightly different design. I was very happy with them, they matched the art at the back of the playfield, good quality too. I'll put art blades on every Pin I own, just doesn't look right without them.

20200524_124553(0).jpg
20200524_124532.jpg

I got mine from Retro Refurbs but they look like a slightly different design. I was very happy with them, they matched the art at the back of the playfield, good quality too. I'll put art blades on every Pin I own, just doesn't look right without them.

View attachment 130437
View attachment 130438

They do look cool. Did you remove the play field to apply them? How much of a ball ache was fitting them? I've done mirrors before which were a doddle but applying art work I'm a little bit more apprehensive about despite having done it on arcade cabs in the past

Sometimes it’s horses for courses my old SW looked great with mirrors and I also think they kinda bling up the older more drab pins.
However for me it’s all about the world under glass and art blades extend that world if done well.
My recent purchase of TSPP is about to have mirrors removed for Tilt Art Blades which are the city of Springfield and I also want some of Sterns Art Blades for my TMNT as they too are cityscapes.
My Hobbit and LOTR have Black Mirror and Gold mirror which also look cool but this is how they came to me.
JP for me would be Jungle style blades all day but like I always say each to their own.

Yeah I think this about where I've got to with it Col. Definitely adds to that world under glass feel whereas mirrors just kinda bling/brighten it up. Do you remove the play field to fit?

Back
Top Bottom