What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jurassic Park Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
60 games or so in and still not managed to il the smart missile shot.

I’m so crap at pinball lol

Love the fact it keeps making me come back for more though.

You'll get there, I've started to hit it relatively regularly after a few months with the game.

This game absolutely had my pants down yesterday. Never mind the O shot, was struggling with the ramps. Weird because the day before I was like Alan Grant on steroids, fossils for days.

yeah when you have a good day on this game its brilliant but when you don't its super frustrating.

also looking like this is going to the game for Karl's streaming tournament. which basically means i'll be out in the first round :D

yeah when you have a good day on this game its brilliant but when you don't its super frustrating.

also looking like this is going to the game for Karl's streaming tournament. which basically means i'll be out in the first round :D
should let me come down and play in your place then 😂

Yeah can be an **** kicker can't it. Big part the appeal for me. When this game clicks and you're dialed in there's nothing else like it.

Installed the custom code with the film assets over the weekend - absolutely incredible work and has made me like the game even more. Audio is one thing, but to have the actual clips from the film playing is beyond anything I thought was possible. Very impressed.

That must have been a ludicrous amount of work to get it that polished. It's definitely a cool option. I do miss "system boooooooot" a little though.

new code:

V1.03.0 - October 27th, 2020
============================
- DJ Mixer - added to game mode menu
- T-Rex Mech Driver - all T-Rex throws will now home the motor after the throw is complete
- Score Frame UI - fixing a display issue where T-Rex Mode name could get out of sync with the mode that was starting
- Score Frame UI - fixing a display issue where 'MODE NAME' would sometimes be displayed instead of the actual mode name
- Control Room Modes - fixing a bug where a Control Room mode could be started during the grace period of Raptor Multiball

- Adjustment Changes:
- added 'T-REX HOME MOTOR AFTER THROW' which defaults to YES but can be changed to NO to revert to previous behavior
- changed 'DNA COMBOS EXTRA BALL' default from 8 to 6
- changed 'TROUGH EJECT POWER' minimum to 64

- System - Updated to V2.60
- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.64.0

- New Standard Adjustment "START BUTTON ATTRACT MODE ILLUM."
This adjustment, which is only available and active when the game is in FREE PLAY mode, controls
the behavior of the Start Button Light.
Values are:
"ALWAYS OFF" - Start Button Light is always off when in attract mode.
"BLINKING" - Start Button Light will blink when in attract mode. This is the DEFAULT and previous behavior.
"ALWAYS ON" - Start Button Light is always on when in attract mode.

thank god for the blinking, on conference call the blinking of the buttons drives people nuts :D

Going to stay with old version, as has the modded sound and video rom

Going to stay with old version, as has the modded sound and video rom

Looking at what stern are doing with the code those days that’s going to be the only option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

So no realistic changes for the Pro then.
Other than
- System - Updated to V2.60
- Updated to nodeboard firmware v0.64.0
I'm wondering how many of the new 'code updates' are mainly related to system and nodeboard updates, but then no nobody would bother to update if that was the sole reason.

Last edited:
I wish they would share what’s new in those.

I think the updates are more designed to bugger up the pinball browser video and audio locations and cause everyone the hassle of rebuilding the mods like last time. I'm also sticking with the last version until there is an updated mod as its such a game changer

Stern are heading towards online which means they need to secure their code base - I don’t see how they end up going online with things like pinball browser still working. Put it this way I’d be putting them into my special doomsday devices Network otherwise.

Not exactly pulling up too many trees with that new update. I'm sticking with the movie call outs and video until Elwin implements co-op....

I’ve updated - what is DJ mixer mode??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hod down both flippers whilst in attract.

Cheers [emoji482]quite a cool little feature.... that I’ll rarely use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does everyone have the issue that sometimes the smart missile shot interrupts the skill shot sequence? Get the first 3 skill shots and the post pops up for the smart missile stopping the O shot attempt

Does everyone have the issue that sometimes the smart missile shot interrupts the skill shot sequence? Get the first 3 skill shots and the post pops up for the smart missile stopping the O shot attempt
I have a problem hitting the smart missile shot 😤

Hardest shot ever !

But I’ve never experienced that particular error with it. Are you on the latest firmware or running the custom code ?

might be worth a reinstall?

Sounds like a faulty switch is activating the MAP before you’ve hit it.

I don't think it's a switch issue.

This will only happen if
You are one rescue away from lighting the smart missile.
A rescue is lit on the right ramp,
The truck is facing right.

Or
You are 2 rescues away from the threshold and both ramps are lit with rescues.

Once you light the left inlane, and trigger it, the smart missile takes precedence over everything else.

Has anyone dropped the outlane posts on their JP? If so did it make any noticeable difference?

I hope they implement Co-op in future as it is a quick way to get a 6 ball game without interfering with your high scores.

Back
Top Bottom