What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Trade JP2 Pro for various titles

Cheers for that mate. 👍🏻 I can see it coming to it tbh. I’m Just worried that if I sell I then can’t find someone willing to sell for a while. It’s tricky when you only have one pin.
It’s a strange hobby, peeps are reluctant to let pins go.
Especially in this climate, however, when you start checking around the forum history of who has what pin in their collection etc…., checking signatures… call it stalking ..lol, you can see what peeps have. Kindly message them.
With an offer of cash, you may be surprised.
Money talks and all that….

You know that I’m after JP2 and I offer 22 titles (or more) for the trade. We just need to agree on valuation and we can make it work.

Chris

Simpson was sold yesterday for £6500 cash. So I think I was spot on with that valuation. But there are so many other titles left on that list. You don’t fancy any of them?

Last edited:
Honestly guys a Simpsons sold last week for 6k with skill post so I don’t know why mine without a skill post wouldn’t be 6.5k.

What I’ve learned from my “22 Machine for trade” ad is that almost everyone that contacted me for a trade was evaluating their machines sky high but when we were discussing about my machines they were having prices like we were in 2020. Not fair to be honest.

So definitely I won’t do any trades with anyone that thinks like that. If we do a trade we have to be fair. Both of us!

Looking at the best valuation meter in my opinion, Pinside, a Jurassic Park Pro is $5700 and a Simpsons is $6100. So I don’t know from where the idea that a JP2 is worth more than a Simpsons.

But then again everyone is free to value their machines for as much as they want.

Last edited:
while JP2 in the states is valued at $5700 I’ve accepted to pay £6500… exactly as Simpsons in the states is $6100 but here was sold for £6500. I think it’s fair no?
£6500 is what I just paid last month for a lightly modded one. Like most games they are hard to come by these days which is just pushing prices :(

JP2.png

A couple of things.

Pinside (obviously) mainly has US machines for sale and thus isn't a good indicator of the market over here.
Secondly these are the JP2 I see for sale on Pinside, nothing close to $5,700. Pinball heaven currently has JP2 (Pro) listed at £7,495.
There are no TSPP for sale currently.

The one that you reference at £6,000 was immaculate - adding £500 on because yours doesn't have skill posts doesn't make much sense to me?

The fact that you both don't agree that JP2 and TSPP are equal in value (FWIW neither do I) is fine - no need to make a huge drama out of it.

IMHO I would say that JP2 is at worth at least 2k more than TSPP

View attachment 169144

A couple of things.

Pinside (obviously) mainly has US machines for sale and thus isn't a good indicator of the market over here.
Secondly these are the JP2 I see for sale on Pinside, nothing close to $5,700. Pinball heaven currently has JP2 (Pro) listed at £7,495.

The one that you reference at £6,000 was immaculate - adding £500 on because yours doesn't have skill posts doesn't make much sense to me?

The fact that you both don't agree that JP2 and TSPP are equal in value (FWIW neither do I) is fine - no need to make a huge drama out of it.

Hi Wayne. Nice to hear from you.

If we go on like this, the tread will go on and on. Opinions and opinions…

Exactly as you spotted that on Pinside there ain’t any JP2 for sale for $5700 I’ve spotted as well 3 Simpsons for sale all of them around $8000-$11000. None of them going for $6100

Again opinions differ and as far as I know the market dictates the prices. Mine was a lovely Simpson as well and someone considered that it was worth £6500. Why we have to make such a big fuss about this? Honestly. Why?

So again, the JP2 for sale at this moment in USA on Pinside are around $7000 while Simpsons are between $8000-11000. As I see they are way more than JP2.

If I think that is right or not, it’s not important in the end. The market decides no? So now I’m thinking that I sold my TSPP way cheaper…. Probably will regret it.

I’ve attached a print screen for reference.
4B47E7CC-A659-435A-96C8-E0CAE53F85B6.jpeg

View attachment 169144

A couple of things.

To add to what I said before, I don’t think that the skill post makes any difference if you ask me. I was just astonished how people reacted about the one with the skill post. If you ask me I couldn’t care less. So I’m with you here. The £500 extra was just because that was the price that I’ve asked not because of the skill post. I just added the info about the skill post here as I see that people are so fussy about a silly skill post.

Nobody is letting go of anything right now. Market is seized up like a priest in the witness box.

To those offended, I'm Catholic, so I'm poking one at my own kind.

Was the accusation.

Sorry.

I'll get my cassock.
I like it, some as tight as a Nuns chuff ....lol

The Simpsons Pinball Party is **** and worth about 4 grand.

And yes the US prices are irrelevant.

TSPP for 4k? Can you show me one please? That’s 2020 pricing not 2022. We live in the present. It’s 2022! Probably that’s the price for the Data East Simpsons. I presume that you didn’t buy many pins lately. Try to buy a few and you will see how different prices are. If you can find any that is…

TSPP for 4k? Can you show me one please? That’s 2020 pricing not 2022. We live in the present. It’s 2022! Probably that the price for the Data East Simpsons. I presume that you didn’t buy many pins lately. Try to buy a few and you will see how different prices are. If you can find any that is..,
I love 💕 your post.

I wrote an entire eight-page thread inspired by the experience of buying multiple pins over a six-month period. There is a massive difference between the prices community members think pins *should* be worth and what you actually need to pay to get a pin.

Obviously, it's different if you're buying nearly new in box (where it's easier to price) or you're effectively swapping pins between community members. But those prices don't translate to older pins and/or buying pins that aren't being openly marketed by people active in the UK scene.

I love 💕 your post.

I wrote an entire eight-page thread inspired by the experience of buying multiple pins over a six-month period. There is a massive difference between the prices community members think pins *should* be worth and what you actually need to pay to get a pin.

Obviously, it's different if you're buying nearly new in box (where it's easier to price) or you're effectively swapping pins between community members. But those prices don't translate to older pins and/or buying pins that aren't being openly marketed by people active in the UK scene.
You are right!

Let’s remember that just before Covid a new Stern PRO was around 6k. Today it’s 7.5k. If people think that the old machines are staying at the same value, they are living in denial.

sorry but if Simpson’s is £6500 then JP2 is a £10K game. yes there are idiots who want to pay 6K for a Simpson’s more the fool them.

But no way would anyone swap an on location Simpson’s for a JP2 (and a HUO one) or infact any modern Stern game Including the last few SAM games.

Neil.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love 💕 your post.

nonsense - the lazy pay stupid prices whilst smart people put the effort in to get games at the price points that are sensible. Have a look on the today I received thread and see a lot of games never advertised on here that folks have put effort in to get - none of them are todays stupid prices - you want stupid prices - keep buying at stupid prices.

Back
Top Bottom