What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JJP POTC

JustLikeMe

Site Supporter
Haven't seen much talk on here about the new POTC - anyone have one? Thoughts on it as a game to own? I know the price is crazy but that aside, what do people think of it? Current software/rules good?

I played the prototype a fair bit at Tilt and really enjoyed it - particularly liked the three concentric disks which were cut from the production model. Briefly played the production game at EAG and thought it was pretty great but really didn't get a feel for the depth of the software.

Owners in US seem to be spending as much time fixing issues as playing.

But, they seem to love it. And not many hit the second hand market, which is a positive sign.

And apparently no more being produced after this last run ( licensing issues ).

All 6 mini-wizards stack and getting the curse is an epic challenge.

I loved it (playing the proto) and the best JJP to date imo…. just too expensive for my pockets, but a scabby one maybe in my future dream-purchasing world.

If you played the proto its nothing like the final version in my view.

The released game is a decent game and I think in a home use environment probably very good. But having watched the number of issues with them I think it would drive me mental having to do so much to keep it going. And even if you do you still get stupid **** like this. Happened every game at bishop cidercade, game can't be more than a few months old. even the ball search couldn't dislodge it and a lift and drop didn't either! gave up.

And apparently no more being produced after this last run ( licensing issues ).

I don't think there is a licensing issue - simply that it hasn't sold well, lots of folks bailing out of pre-orders because the game was so late after announcing it. Yellow brick road WoZ Special is the big reveal here in a few days time!

Yeah not my game and not desperate enough to do my back in to play it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have the LE - love it. No real issues with it. There were a few adjustments I needed to do when it came out of the box, but all minor tweaks. It is a tough game, but awesome when you get multiple multiballs going at once.

This is my fav game at the moment, so tough for a novice like me, so I've made it easier to play and I now cant keep off it!

still can’t figure the best scoring strategy out. with a 5 ball game and tons of extras i can get to one mini wizard [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. will never get to all 5

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah there's a lot of strategy in terms of scoring opportunities. I think for big scores you have to concentrate on the Pirate lanes and going for either Super X or Shot X rewards, but timing their use carefully. Playing as Pintel helps as he spots Pirate letters - which is how I got my GC score of just under 11 million, but I haven't come close since! This video shows how the multipliers can be so valuable:

I find that the easiest way to reach the mini wizard modes is to play as either Tia Dalma (so you select which chapters you play, meaning you can focus on qualifying a single wizard mode at a time) or as James Norrington (so chapters are easier to complete and you can burn through them quickly). I'm playing with factory settings other than tilt warnings per ball instead of per game and with those two characters I can reach the mini wizard modes fairly frequently, and occasionally two in a single game. All five in a single game is a big challenge though.

Back
Top Bottom