JJP POTC

JustLikeMe

Aug 29, 2011
London
Haven't seen much talk on here about the new POTC - anyone have one? Thoughts on it as a game to own? I know the price is crazy but that aside, what do people think of it? Current software/rules good?

I played the prototype a fair bit at Tilt and really enjoyed it - particularly liked the three concentric disks which were cut from the production model. Briefly played the production game at EAG and thought it was pretty great but really didn't get a feel for the depth of the software.

Replay

Site Supporter
Jul 21, 2011
Owners in US seem to be spending as much time fixing issues as playing.

But, they seem to love it. And not many hit the second hand market, which is a positive sign.

And apparently no more being produced after this last run ( licensing issues ).

All 6 mini-wizards stack and getting the curse is an epic challenge.

Reactions: Neil McRae

JMP

Site Supporter
Aug 12, 2011
Lancashire
I loved it (playing the proto) and the best JJP to date imo…. just too expensive for my pockets, but a scabby one maybe in my future dream-purchasing world.

Neil McRae

Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2016
Surrey
If you played the proto its nothing like the final version in my view.

The released game is a decent game and I think in a home use environment probably very good. But having watched the number of issues with them I think it would drive me mental having to do so much to keep it going. And even if you do you still get stupid **** like this. Happened every game at bishop cidercade, game can't be more than a few months old. even the ball search couldn't dislodge it and a lift and drop didn't either! gave up.

Neil McRae

Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2016
Surrey
And apparently no more being produced after this last run ( licensing issues ).
I don't think there is a licensing issue - simply that it hasn't sold well, lots of folks bailing out of pre-orders because the game was so late after announcing it. Yellow brick road WoZ Special is the big reveal here in a few days time!

Neil McRae

Site Supporter
Jun 5, 2016
Surrey
Yeah not my game and not desperate enough to do my back in to play it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro