What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jaws! By Stern… We’re going to need a bigger games room !

If you can maybe feed that back in Jim, I would certainly be up for a pro (movie poster) version if it was a copy of the Stern translite logo and all,
I’ve sent the feedback back !! Let’s see what happens

Are these from Xianek? That’s were I got mine from and they are stunning.

I went for the iconic movie poster for my premium in glass and I love it

Finally got to play Jaws at Funland at the weekend.

Apart from the place being closed when I turned up for a kids party and then not re-opening when it was supposed to as the party was extended (note - don't go at the weekend), I finally got in and had a few games on Jaws. Thought it was excellent. Obviously still don't know the code/rules yet but the shots we great, layout great and just felt 'right'. Imagine all those on here that have one are extremely pleased. Another Elwin classic.

As a side note, loaded some credits into Bond 60th only to plunge the ball to find it broken with rubbers broken and the balls getting permanently stuck on the playfield. Bloke next to e commented that it's always broken. Some of the other machines weren't playing well either so doubt if I'll make the trip again.
I had the exact same experience on Friday which was my first visit also because I was in London to watch a show.
Jaws was great and some nice shots.
The other pins were in different states and were disappointing.

Shut up and take my money!!!

****ing A class mod, like how it should be done. Bloody brilliant :)

Thanks so much Jim, that means a lot!

Awesome mod, however I laugh inside every time I hear the American pronunciation of Buoy, just sounds daft to me.

Yeeah, you say that, but then everytime I say "Boy" to my wife she has NFI what I'm talking about..

Last edited:
It's impressive how quickly you went from concept to final revision in those timescales. You must have been working like a Trojan, quality work as always Davey.

Question regarding reel shots from the left flipper, how is everyone’s at feeding to the mini flipper?

I’ve tried adjusting the rail near the boat more to the left but I can’t seem to get consistent feeds to the mini flipper.

How is everyone’s? Anyone had to adjust

Question regarding reel shots from the left flipper, how is everyone’s at feeding to the mini flipper?

I’ve tried adjusting the rail near the boat more to the left but I can’t seem to get consistent feeds to the mini flipper.

How is everyone’s? Anyone had to adjust
Apparently, it depends on how fast the ball speed is as to where it will get directed on exit, the reel is 'designed' to regulate this speed so as to feed to the flipper ( allegedly ).

Thing is watched a few streams and more often than not the feed is always to the mini flipper

Here is a good example, maybe I just need to play with the levels a bit more

Depends what your issue is as to how it needs addressing, what's it doing , going high or low ?Pinside_forum_8063115_3803657.jpeg

The exit angle of the rail needs reducing as the diagram shows, if you slacken the bolt at the very bottom slightly first, then loosen and push the rail out to the right where the arrow is, that will alter that angle.

It has too much of a hook shape on it, that's what is sending the ball high.

Maybe too much flipper power ??

Also fitted (OK had it fitted by Martin at GoPinball - highly recommend) my Area51 mod and love it. Quality of these mods is first class.

The exit angle of the rail needs reducing as the diagram shows, if you slacken the bolt at the very bottom slightly first, then loosen and push the rail out to the right where the arrow is, that will alter that angle.

It has too much of a hook shape on it, that's what is sending the ball high.

Maybe too much flipper power ??
Thanks Ian, much better!

Tweaked the guide rail a bit more and now I’m getting say 8/10 down the mini flipper rather than 2/10.

I also lowered the power a bit but didn’t make much difference, bit more tweaking and more I’m there I think.

Defiantly makes the game better when it feeds down the lane, more control!

Thanks Ian, much better!

Tweaked the guide rail a bit more and now I’m getting say 8/10 down the mini flipper rather than 2/10.

I also lowered the power a bit but didn’t make much difference, bit more tweaking and more I’m there I think.

Defiantly makes the game better when it feeds down the lane, more control!
Apparently the precision bushing for the reel also improves the feed.

Worth a try at around 50 bucks.

I don't think it's possible to get it 100% as the speed of the ball is also a factor, but the precision bushing should make that more consistent. The reel replacement John does is also worth looking at to stop ball damage occurring.

I don't think it's possible to get it 100% as the speed of the ball is also a factor, but the precision bushing should make that more consistent. The reel replacement John does is also worth looking at to stop ball damage occurring.
I agree, I’ve played some more after posting and it’s pretty consistent now.

I have spoken to John now at Precision pinball and he is going to ship directly as the Europe distributor won’t be carrying them.

Does anyone want a set or two? Helps break the shipping up. He hasn’t given me a cost yet but the prices on his pinsite are as follows

Replacement Disc Complete, Main Playfield - $61.50

Replacement Disc Complete, Upper Playfield $57.50

Replacement Bushing for upper or main playfields - $33.50

Last edited:
I agree, I’ve played some more after posting and it’s pretty consistent now.

I have spoken to John now at Precision pinball and he is going to ship directly as the Europe distributor won’t be carrying them.

Does anyone want a set or two? Helps break the shipping up. He hasn’t given me a cost yet but the prices on his pinsite are as follows

Replacement Disc Complete, Main Playfield - $61.50

Replacement Disc Complete, Upper Playfield $57.50

Replacement Bushing for upper or main playfields - $33.50
I’ve got one of the complete spinners here in hand, I can post pictures later for everyone to see exactly what the difference is.

Johns is bloody lovely as expected, he knows how to make a quality piece of kit, not to mention from the video I’ve seen it spins for days.

Back
Top Bottom