What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jaws! By Stern… We’re going to need a bigger games room !

Nipped along to Tilt today to put in some games on Jaws Pro. I'd already played the Premium at Funland, but if I'm honest I think I prefer the speed of the Pro.

After playing both back to back at EAG I came away feeling the same, and I generally prefer the Premium. Really wasn’t a fan of the upper playfield, only thing I’d miss on the Pro is the drop targets and I think @myPinballs said he was looking into a mod for that.

Big thanks to @philpalmer as always great service...

Really enjoying my pro... Even more than at the EAG!

The artwork is spot on
The visuals and sounds are great, loving the cut-scene videos
Cabinet artwork is just what I want... I also have the premium backglass so will swap them over every couple of months, also plan on powder coating everything white and buying some side armor to make it fit in with my LE's

Typical Elwin greatest on shot layout, i love the shots from the mini flipper...

Don't miss the pop up shark and i really enjoy the roaming fin shot!

Code is great considering its only been out in the wild a month or so... And there is plenty of scoop going forward....

I think its his most linear ruleset which is good, easy for people to learn!

Last edited:
That reel he ripping over and over is juiced compared to mine, was already meant to look at but 100% will today or tomorrow now :)

Eric is a beast, love his streams

Bounty Hunt - Fixed an issue where scores would score out of control when all Bounty Hunts have been completed.
- Bounty Hunt - Mako shark has been made easier.
- Bounty Hunt - Fixed issue where Dart Gear wasn't working for the Mini Flipper Lane shot.
- Bounty Hunt Multiball - Now adds a ball if the shark is captured in within the mode's grace period.
- Bounty Hunt Multiball - Fixed an issue where the starting video clip would show the wrong shark.
- Harpoon Ready - Fixed an issue where fin wouldn't wait for left post hold to complete before moving.
- Machete - Adjusted pop up size to cover less of the screen and fixed an issue with the multiplier text not getting updated.
- ORCA Spellout - Added new display effect overlay when letters are collected.
- JAWS Multiballs - Added chum bucket / add-a-ball display progress graphics.
- JAWS Multiball One - Score balancing, Jackpots now add to standard award.
- JAWS Multiball Two - Prevent left spinner spins from counting towards the threshold if you start the mode on that shot.
- JAWS Multiball Two - Thresher Perk is giving 2X scoring, instead of Barrel Hook Gear.
- JAWS Multiball Three - Thresher Perk is giving 2X scoring, instead of Barrel Hook Gear.
- Night Search Multiball - Score balancing, mode is now worth about 2X more.
- Boat / Shark Captive Ball - Now preventing multiple shots from registering on one shot for Night Search, Bounty Hunt and Bounty Hunt Multiball.
- Super Buoys - Popup awards and scores now displaying.
- Life Ring - Fixed an issue where the Life Ring could be used after rolling over the Right Outlane switch.
- Close Call - Timing has been adjusted so there are less false Close Calls happening on slower outlane drains.
- Shark Hunter - Fixed an issue where "Out of Harpoons" message could appear too early and stay on screen.
- HSTD - Added an adjustment to select the TYPEWRITER or GENERIC initials entry interface.
- Score Frame - Timer panels now have a color scheme applied to them of above 50% is green, lower than 25% is red, and otherwise yellow.

- Adjustment Changes:
- adding "HSTD ENTRY INTERFACE" default to "TYPEWRITER"
- adding "POND SPINS FOR SHOT" default to 4, was fixed at 6 previously.

- System - Updated to V3.62.0 on OS: V2.7.0

- Added Standard Adjustment "HOME TEAM MENU LOGS IN USER #1", which controls the
whether the first member of the Home Team is automatically logged in at game start. Values are:
"NO" -- No one is automatically logged in at game start, default value
"YES" -- The first member of the Home Team is automatically logged in at game start

- Various behind the scenes improvements for correctness and performance.

Played this at Tilt on Tuesday. Was nowhere near as bad as the doomsayers had been whining about the Pro being stripped down and big open spaces.

It's clearly on early code - as always - and shots aren't signposted as well as they could be meaning often you don't know what to shoot for. That could be an issue of playing it on sight with the sound down low.

The shots are all good and most give a return to a flipper to make another shot. The right orbit/ramp had a lot of rejects, similar to Black Panther on AIQ - maybe a case for flipper cooling units? :)

I'm off next week so hope to get over to Tilt again for a deeper investigation.

After making protectors a few years now I thought I’d share the reason I think they a must even in there purest form.

So these plastics from JAWS were removed the moment it was unboxed so take note of the damage albeit slight to the art on them being factory fitted.

IMG_3035.jpeg
IMG_3036.jpeg

This is down to not only that horrendous metal washer but also other metal contact points around the pin.

So do yourself and your cherished pin a favour and if nothing else remove the ugly washer and replace the slings and guides with some simple clear protectors like the ones below.

IMG_3039.jpegIMG_3038.jpegIMG_3037.jpeg

I will be offering a 4 set of clear protectors as pictured above (slings and guides) not only for JAWS but any of the 100+ pins I now cover for £15:00 inc the postage.

How bad can they get if left alone? For more info check my thread below

Last edited:
I’ve been asked by a couple of lads to try grab the shark fin infil by the rocket dude if I manage does anyone else want one picking up?
Not sure on price and stuff but at least it will help shipping I guess.

I can’t promise but will try so shout if you after one.

Big thanks to @philpalmer as always great service...

Really enjoying my pro... Even more than at the EAG!

The artwork is spot on
The visuals and sounds are great, loving the cut-scene videos
Cabinet artwork is just what I want... I also have the premium backglass so will swap them over every couple of months, also plan on powder coating everything white and buying some side armor to make it fit in with my LE's

Typical Elwin greatest on shot layout, i love the shots from the mini flipper...

Don't miss the pop up shark and i really enjoy the roaming fin shot!

Code is great considering its only been out in the wild a month or so... And there is plenty of scoop going forward....

I think its his most linear ruleset which is good, easy for people to learn!

Nice one,

i had to delay my jaws pro delivery for 2 weeks because of repair jobs here and no space. Work comes first ha. Now cleared and ready for my tuesday 19th delivery. Pretty hyped for this one! Jaws is a theme i've loved for along time

IMG_2475.JPG

This is pretty cool

IMG_2593.jpeg

Played 1 game so far (which was awesome) as time ran out and had to make dinner for everyone, but tomorrow it’s getting hammered

This is pretty cool

View attachment 247361

Played 1 game so far (which was awesome) as time ran out and had to make dinner for everyone, but tomorrow it’s getting hammered
I see they accidentally sent you some premium glasses, the pro is supposed to come with a few quality street wrappers.

Back
Top Bottom