What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jaws! By Stern… We’re going to need a bigger games room !

Jaws is pretty good, I played it and enjoyed it. However, there are other options out there and there are probably a number of better Sterns which have gone before.

I think Elwins previous releases wowed everyone . . . now there is a mixed response and Foo Fighters looks to be the better shooter.

People are speculating that future code updates might make Jaws more appealing which is not the usual response to an Elwin game.

I might get a Jaws because I think the movie assets might be really good at home, but unlike before I'm not in a hurry.

I'm expecting delivery of a nib Stranger Things this week.

I purchased it partially because of FOMO, partially because I wanted a Brian Eddy designed machine (AFM & MM are awesome to play), I loved the series/theme and Brian Eddy seemed really enthusiastic about the whole project.

I haven't even played STh but I knew I wanted it.

I'm not getting that vibe from people about Jaws.

I purchased it partially because of FOMO, partially because I wanted a Brian Eddy designed machine (AFM & MM are awesome to play), I loved the series/theme and Brian Eddy seemed really enthusiastic about the whole project.

One of the greats imo

Good for you mate . . . nothing quite like getting a game delivered. I'm sure you'll love it.

I think there are two things at play here. Firstly, people are being more cautious with their money generally so are happy to wait and see with Jaws.

Secondly, it's probably not matched the pre-game hype. Many opinions in pinball can be quite binary (the game is either awesome or crap) but to me this game looks decent enough. I'm sure the mod makers will improve it and the code may add layers to the game.

But it might just remain a decent top 30 shooter and that's okay. Maybe the improvements turn it into a top 5 game? However, at the moment it seems to be a level below Godzilla and Jurassic Park for me but I might change my mind when I spend some time with the game.

It could turn out to be a bit one dimensional though. Apart from the shark what else is there to do? What happens when you kill the shark?
GZ, you had kaiju, bridges, aliens to conquer, jets, tanks...
Think you also rescue beachgoers, close beaches, tie fishing knots and try save a dog.

As Kris has stated, so many people had their own ideas on what they wanted from a Jaws pin, and what they also thought would be a pivotal moment that hasn't happened ( ETB ), it's left many feeling nothing but disappointment for what has been shown so far. I believe that is the wrong attitude, let it develop and see what it brings just as STH has.

Godzilla was never seen as underwhelming as no-one really had any expectations.

Strangers Things is one of the biggest disappointments for me, absolute waste of a great IP

You can't really talk down other designers and praise Eddy when he's essentially lazy and recycled the same game design for MM - AFM and Stranger Things

Boring

Strangers Things is one of the biggest disappointments for me, absolute waste of a great IP

You can't really talk down other designers and praise Eddy when he's essentially lazy and recycled the same game design for MM - AFM and Stranger Things

Boring

That should get him hyped for his new arrival mate 😂

Boring
Definitely not talking down Keith Elwin. I love my IMDN - I play it daily.

I rented Godzilla from Steve Brum for 6 months - what a flow monster!

JP is an awesome homage to the original game.

Sure, Brian favours a typical fan layout with a central bash toy - but if it ain't broke, why fix it?

Appreciate it's not your particular cup of tea. I don't really like TAF.

Most of the Streams available ATM are for the pro, I have watched nearly all I can im sure, and the more I see the more I like it.
The premium/LE is going to be better even, unless you hate UPF's

Watch the stream by Dri where he interviews Elwin & Elizebeth and he says he designed the game with the UPF first, that's how he intended it he says, he never seems to be bouncing in any of the videos ive seen of him, almost a bit annoyed he has to do all the promo stuff maybe.

The stream by Joel from Flip and out in particular they are bouncing about this game, and you can tell its genuine excitement and not just to sell pins for Zach (Which im sure there's a bit of this always)

Coded at .83/84 there's still a lot to come and non of the center stuff above the flippers (think its gear) is even working yet

The more streams I watch, the more I hear about the game and what future iterations are coming from Keith and Elizabeth. The more I want one ;-)
Think, a new tax year arrives. See where we are, and this will be on my NEED list ;-)

It’s always gonna be a hard one if you at setting the benchmark at GZ. Let’s face it that super loaded ship has sailed and I very much doubt and new release from stern is ever going to compare due to the BOM being well and truly dropped.

I am currently playing Foo Prem and think it’s the best outing by a country mile out of the new crop of games since GZ. It even has a very Elwin esk’ flow and feel and I’m sure that’s down to input from the genius himself.

I won’t comment on Jaws until I’ve played it but anyone shouldn’t dismiss stuff already out there as those 2 x FF le’s were absolute no brainers in today’s market.

I’m also not in the camp of hoping code can save a pin, give me something I can see and feel as I’m not a tournament player or have a degree in mathematics to understand how to score big.

Count the bom on gz pro though. Trough mech, auto fire, bumper, 2 flippers, slings, that's about it rest is 2 ramps and plastics. Not exactly loaded!
*3 flippers. The magnet is also pretty cool. It's more about the overall package and execution rather than adding up the individual components.

The artwork makes it look more packed than it is.

Was GZ put together during covid?
Team Elwin released AIQ and GZ during covid. The BOM has not really changed lift up the playfield on a GZ , Foo, ST, even Venom, the coil counts are almost identical.

I’ve gone in for the premium for Jaws, yeah maybe balsy but hey ho life’s too short.

I’m fairly new to pinball and the main thing I have learnt over the years is you really don’t know if you like the machine until you own it! Until you have 100-200-300 plays / hence why I haven’t paid to much attention to everyone’s reviews.

Having said that I really like what I have seen so far and can’t wait for it to be delivered !

I'm not seeing too many bad games at the moment.

Jaws, Elton, Pulp, Labyrinth, Tank Force & Godfather all had their merits. It's just a matter of value for money I guess and we can look forward to Spooky further muddying the waters with imminent releases.

I just think we're spoilt for choice.

We've all seen Foo LE's, NIB Cactus and Godfathers become available recently and the second hand market is definitely slow.

Choose wisely I guess? But I do think that anyone who loves the film Jaws and likes Stern games will probably really enjoy Elwin's Jaws game.

Escher showing us how to play it

Was there a factory Friday today? Only pros gone out imagine atm? Prem and LE on line apparently this week?

Back
Top Bottom