What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jaws! By Stern… We’re going to need a bigger games room !

Gameplay stream is supposedly sunday evening US time - 2am Monday morning for us. That's from Knapparcades article

Something to look forward to on Monday

Looking forward to playing it at the EAG in a week or so.... Who's going this year?

I know @JustLikeMe and myself will be there... @mission65 @Dave Bishop @Gary Flower @Atlantis are all usually there on a annual basis :)

and @Big Phil is still on the Stern $hit list lol

Looking forward to playing it at the EAG in a week or so.... Who's going this year?
I’ll be going as well, I’ve been going each year for many years now.

I have a feeling the code is going to reel me into to the theme. I’m a sucker for leveling up gameplay using the Insider Connected like they did for Venom.

Reactions: Jib
So are we thinking due to game and general state of economy that this is going to sell averagely , or will people come back to the well and make this another big seller,
? first big test of what typical nib buyers are willing to pay/lose moving forward

So are we thinking due to game and general state of economy that this is going to sell averagely , or will people come back to the well and make this another big seller,
? first big test of what typical nib buyers are willing to pay/lose moving forward
It's a good question, only the dealers will really know. It will be a while before I'm thinking of moving either of my 2 Pins on but I'd probably choose Jaws above most of the recent new releases, but would still need to see more gameplay and reviews. There's no rush to own one for me, they will be available for years.

I quite like the look of it but definitely waiting for the second hand market / rentals, I get bored way to fast to take 1k hits in this market lol

1704535622623.png

I'm not up to date with the pinside thread so may have been mentioned there already. Right sling looks tiny bit smaller than left, making that mini flipper even further down than I thought

All things considered I think 8k is pretty reasonable for a brand new pin these days. Considering the LE’s are twice the price!
What people forget to mention is the fact only a few years ago most LEs were around 9k new!
I paid 9.25 for a NIB DP le and I sold quite a few HUO low play LEs at 8k inc.

MBr le -8k
GB le - 8k
GOTG le - 8k
BM66 le - 9k

There’s more but can’t think atm.

What I’m trying to say is how blasé people are to the times about £8k now as if it’s pocket change inc me!

In reality all stern pins are ridiculously overpriced toys and it’s all due to the buyers who keep swallowing their gravy 🤮
Again me included as I’m fighting the Jaws FOMO atm and it’s killing me.

Hell I’m even designing bits for mine when it comes 😜

IMG_2122.jpegIMG_2126.jpeg
IMG_2130.jpeg

This from Pinside looks pretty good:
View attachment 241265
Pinball Heaven are doing a 'pimped' version for £500 extra that includes powder coating so it will be interesting to see what colours people pick, assuming they can choose.

'We also offer our own “Pimped” version, with powder coated legs/lockbar/siderails, mirror blades & silicone coloured rubbers on the playfield'

Our gang will be there Wednesday at EAG. My 36th January trade show . Still remember playing Outrun and High Speed in 1986
Think I was probably there, was it in Kensington then? I know I went to few around the mid 80’s.
Had a few arcade owner and service engineer friends around then in London, happy days😎

View attachment 241266

I'm not up to date with the pinside thread so may have been mentioned there already. Right sling looks tiny bit smaller than left, making that mini flipper even further down than I thought
Yeah looks smaller from the above shot. Never noticed this actually so had a look. There a smaller raised plastic on top of right sling and a spotlight points towards the mini flipper area.

Sling1.png

Reactions: Jib
Back
Top Bottom