What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Is this a record?

Ped

Site Supporter
Alias
Pete
Haloo. I'm Pete and I've been on this forum since about 2012, bought a BSD from a member and had it ever since but can't find (or frankly, remember) any posts I may have made previously. 8 year lurker?

Anyhow, BSD is in bits at the mo getting a good clean, a few repairs and a Colordmd so looking forward to playing it again!

Welcome - I'm pretty new and only joined to get my hands on BSD apron cards. I bought the machine on eBay in February and went mental refurbing it over lockdown - the best mod you can get is pinsound. The mix for this machine is unbelievable.

Good luck with it. This machine is well worth getting fully sorted.

I definitely can't top the lurker record!

Haloo. I'm Pete and I've been on this forum since about 2012, bought a BSD from a member and had it ever since but can't find (or frankly, remember) any posts I may have made previously. 8 year lurker?

Anyhow, BSD is in bits at the mo getting a good clean, a few repairs and a Colordmd so looking forward to playing it again!
Hi @Ped if you click on your avatar it will tell you the day and year you joined and how many messages you have made and if you click on your messages it will also tell you want you have written . Hope this helps ;)

Yes very strange that ,did you have another account back in 2012 ?
No - only ever had the one account - I hadn't used it for years so i had to dig through old emails to find the login. Site looks a bit different so I wondered if it had been re-platformed. Life overtook pinball for a while and the machine has been sitting there for the last few years with very little play. I turned it on a few weeks ago, backbox was open (double checking I hadn't left the batteries in !) and as I turned it on the sound card expired in a puff of smoke, nasty burning smell and a small flame. There were a few niggling faults anyway that I'd bought parts for last year and hadn't got round to installing so It was telling me it needed some TLC !

Took it to bits (playfield out deep clean and inspection / repair rather than a full teardown) changed the rubbers, new balls, LEDs, ColorDMD etc. Just starting to put it all back together now and getting the bug again

No - only ever had the one account - I hadn't used it for years so i had to dig through old emails to find the login. Site looks a bit different so I wondered if it had been re-platformed. Life overtook pinball for a while and the machine has been sitting there for the last few years with very little play. I turned it on a few weeks ago, backbox was open (double checking I hadn't left the batteries in !) and as I turned it on the sound card expired in a puff of smoke, nasty burning smell and a small flame. There were a few niggling faults anyway that I'd bought parts for last year and hadn't got round to installing so It was telling me it needed some TLC !

Took it to bits (playfield out deep clean and inspection / repair rather than a full teardown) changed the rubbers, new balls, LEDs, ColorDMD etc. Just starting to put it all back together now and getting the bug again
There is a thread on here somewhere with a nice little mod for the coffin , I will see if I can find it for you
And welcome back to the fold :thumbs:

Ps .. sorry for my questions earlier , I just couldn't understand that all your posts went missing , standing in the corner now with my head hanging in shame :rolleyes:

Reactions: Ped
@carl lawrence Just made a new coffin ramp actually. Old one was cracked right across and it's days were numbered. Fortunately it's a flat piece so just needed to find somewhere that sold PETG - not easy at the moment as it turns out in these times. If anyone needs some I had to get a sheet about a metre squared to get a 200mm ramp out of so there's plenty left !

Welcome - I'm pretty new and only joined to get my hands on BSD apron cards. I bought the machine on eBay in February and went mental refurbing it over lockdown - the best mod you can get is pinsound. The mix for this machine is unbelievable.

Good luck with it. This machine is well worth getting fully sorted.

I definitely can't top the lurker record!
All I can say is that the Pinsound must be amazing as I love the audio on this game. It suits the game perfectly and still manages to slip in some campy silliness.

All I can say is that the Pinsound must be amazing as I love the audio on this game.
I like the original audio as well. Pinsound will let you switch between original and alternative audio anytime but I’d only put it on a keeper .......

I like the original audio as well. Pinsound will let you switch between original and alternative audio anytime but I’d only put it on a keeper .......

I am sorely tempted...

Back
Top Bottom