What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Indiana Jones Software Rewrite - DMD colorising & and other progress

myPinballs

Site Supporter
Alias
Jim
My friend Eric (of Cactus Canyon Continued fame) is helping me out with colourising the indy dmd frames for my Indy software rewrite project. Its too cool not to show a quick peek. I hope to have more when I demo the game at my hacking lab stand in october at play expo with the NLP guys.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-07-31 at 4.21.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-07-31 at 4.21.36 PM.png
    26.9 KB · Views: 87
Sheesh Jim, you clearly have waaay too much spare time. Would you like my wife and kids (and my job) for a few months so I can get going too? Seriously though - nice work. I'm not going to make expo (again :(), but I'm determined that my F14 will have an outing next year, so long as those new playfields come out soon ...

I want to do this for jolly park!!! Cant tho - No support - Non-standard software - Pahh bahh humbug :(

It's definitely possible Paul, it's a bit of a mission though and would probably have to alter the machine.

I want to do this for jolly park!!! Cant tho - No support - Non-standard software - Pahh bahh humbug :(

What kind of hardware is in there? You may be able to get a p-roc board to talk to the driver. The rest of it is pretty much taken care of (hardware wise) from the p-roc. Obviously you are starting from scratch with your game code, dmd animations, but that's half the fun :)

Sounds like it could be a lot of work Paul, but as Jim says, that's half the fun.
The other half is shear torture.

What kind of hardware is in there? You may be able to get a p-roc board to talk to the driver. The rest of it is pretty much taken care of (hardware wise) from the p-roc. Obviously you are starting from scratch with your game code, dmd animations, but that's half the fun :)
Complete custom spanish board set...!! Need to get it up and running first tho... however once done i'll deffo consider it!

More progress

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-15 at 11.21.37.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-15 at 11.21.37.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 47
  • Screen Shot 2014-08-15 at 11.22.06.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-15 at 11.22.06.png
    11.1 KB · Views: 39
  • Screen Shot 2014-08-15 at 11.36.58.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-15 at 11.36.58.png
    97.9 KB · Views: 43
You running this from the std procgame?

The way python and procgame works is that you subclass the standard or fork your own replacements when you want to add additions /changes from the core. So in the purest sense, yes it run from the std procgame, as all the additions are within the game project. Having said that though i do have a fork of the dev procgame myself and some changes to it that i prefer, but these are not related to colourising dmd data.

If you look at Erics project you will see an ep folder where all his forked files for procgame are.

Tank Chase background animation and text layers, sprites yet to be coloured.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-08-24 at 17.55.03.png
    Screen Shot 2014-08-24 at 17.55.03.png
    101.4 KB · Views: 14
Here's an interesting addition to the colorisation. The adventure letters are usually flat in the original dmd animation. Notice how we've added colour fading like on the original indy lettering. Much better.

Screen Shot 2014-08-20 at 22.03.27.png

If anyone if interested in this colourisation thing, then speak to me over the weekend at daventry, i'll have my laptop with me so can show you the colour running on there.

Dont like the machine, however i have to say that those animations look great!

What other machines are you planning on colourising in the future?

Be sure to check out my area at play expo this year

mypinballs hacking lab promo banner.png

Indy will be there for people to play. I will have the laptop running to with the colour stuff developments to show how it works. May even be able to get an lcd in the game if time to.

Back
Top Bottom