What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Indecisive

Maybe I'm biased, but I would say that's a good price for TZ, especially if you can get it at 2.2k. Less than I paid for a non worker.

Think the IJ was overpriced tho.....major cab fade

Erm, don't think this can be validated, I agree that some are better but not most, I think it would be fair to say that most 2k machines are better than the 1k alternative if they are in the same condition.

TX and Robo-war were all under 1k and I LOVE them
Come to think of it so were GnR,MGOW,BH,HH,Centaur and a few others still in my collection-tho some were bought many years ago

Try before you buy,as said go to pinheads houses,play in the leagues,use pinmame to learn the rules more,then go for it

The general response to this question is usually "Get what you like to play most that's within your budget". It really is a question with a different answer for almost everyone. For example I love Theatre of Magic - Several people on here see its only use as firewood (I'm looking at you @TYHO and the South Coast heretics ;)).

Your best bet is to go to some events or league meets near you and play a few machines there or find out if there are any pinheads in your vicinity that are open to letting strangers into their home to play on their collection (This may be a larger number than you expect). Put a more exact location in your profile and put a request on here. I'd be surprised if no-one came back to you.

There's also the Pinball Arcade app that faithfully reproduces many popular tables for you to try out on your smartphone/ tablet (and PC and PS4 I think?).

From the list in your post I think most are in the £2k+ price range. If that's an issue, there's a lot of decent DMD machines (Judge Dredd included) that can be found a lot nearer a grand (e.g. Fish Tales, High Speed 2, Demolition Man and many more).

Edit - I agree with Dreads - While Dredds a good starter machine, I'd suggest getting something else for variety's sake. Consider a plan of moving machines on semi-regularly to keep interest up. You should be able to get good resale value on any pin you don't get scalped on and it allows you to play new machines every so often rather than having a machine you're bored with taking up space.

PLEASE can we burn it?Love toasted marshmallows

at the end of the day each unto his own,plenty don't like some of mine like Volcano and RBION

Poibug's place or the pin room - original eh?:p

Wrong really as strictly speaking it's rooms or places

Back
Top Bottom