What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ - Comments on Sales/trades/wanted threads

Comments on sales/Trades/Wanted threads.... Yes or no.... (Simple choice!)

• Yes

Votes: 129 86.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 14.0%

• Total voters
So i have looked at the other option that is available (Yes, one), however it is exactly the same as this i.e. it splits into a separate part of the site.

Therefore there are no other options

It's not just a "few unkept threads". And the "whole site" wasnt re-vamped. This is primarilly a discussion forum.

I do get that some dont like it. There will always be that.
I'm exploring with the developer if there is any way i can display things as part of a forum.... however he is of the belief that classifieds are PART of an ENTIRE site, and not a forum...

I havent had time to work on the enhancements yet - my fault entirely - I will give it a go this week and see if i can get things better to where we could be.

I'm not dismissing anything at this stage. Currently the route back is still there (and, to be fair will always be). However just because it's not the same as it was doesnt mean that it's not functional.

Which ones are sold and not marked as such so we can see if there is an issue?
The adverts will expire too so they don’t hang around.

It’s not exactly hard for sellers to mark stuff as sold, think I’ve sold 4 things in the new classifieds and took me a minute to update to sold and the listing disappeared in the classifieds. Sellers just need to be bothered and make sure they update the listing.

Hence the addition of the timing out listings, if people updated their listings there would be little need for the new system.
Must say I don’t really like the new system either but appreciate it takes some tuning to get it right. My main gripe is that new listings take you to the discussion thread even when there is nothing there, only a click to get the oberview but still annoying.

Paul,

My 2p re classifieds.

It's gone from being an open community forum to a controlled 'app' like Gumtree. Competely lost its charm and USP.

People like freedom to openly discuss in a familiar format which was aligned in both function and form with the other categories.

What are we missing here? What was the drive to change this? To be more like Pinside? More cutting edge? To better administer your recent pay-to-sell enforcement?

(Let me just say, no one begrudges donations, in fact im certain they're greatfully given as it's the least people can do to support your running costs.)

I also don't understand why you refuse to acknowledge the general consensus here. Instead you reply to people with promise of more complexity when, in fact, it's less that we need.

I join everyone in thanking you for your efforts, certainly not taken for granted, but one of your biggest donators is in this camp that you're appearing to be brushing off as sticks in the mud.

It's not awful by any stretch, it's just not open or integrated.

At the very least, put forward a vote? Afterall, this place is supposed to be community driven.

Best,

Tim

I click on to see machines for sale/wanted or trade and see a Synthesizer for sale. There’s a place for everything.........but come on!

As I’m old I don’t like change but the only thing that wicks me off is having to sign in every time I want to see what’s for sale/wanted. Before I could just scroll through and then if interested in something, sign in and pm the person. Ok I could stay signed in but I’ve always signed out incase my phone got lost or hacked. Ken

I guess I'm reasonably new to the forum compared to many - I've been on here around a year, and bought 2 machines I'm extremely happy with. Also I have donated each time despite not being required to as a buyer, but happy to contribute in a small way towards the costs of running the site, which provides a much safer and more comfortable environment for buying machines than the likes of eBay, Gumtree etc..

My comments, for what they are worth are:

1. The classifieds are a new format, so will take a little adjusting to, but I feel that this is just something that will take a short time, so not in itself an issue. At the moment, I admit I find it a little counter-intuitive from the forum home page to locate the actual machines for sale, and maybe this could be improved especially to make it easier for new members. For regular forum users, it's not difficult to save a bookmark.

2. The question about people putting "PM sent" on a thread when sending a PM, I feel is useful in that it registers an interest and forms a record of the order in time that people have registered that interest. The rationale being that (all things being equal), sales tend to go on a first come first served basis. I think that if the first respondent can't come to an agreement quickly, then the seller can easily indicate the machine is still for sale, and given the general level of interest in machines for sale on here, it's not going to add much delay or otherwise compromise the sale.

3. Discussion on for sale threads generally seems to be useful, but I do agree that people who just post their curt negative opinion on the game theme generally are not helping matters, but these do seem to be in a minority of cases.

4. The main issue I have with the new setup (as has been mentioned) is that when looking at sold machines, the price does not seem to be available. Again, from a personal point of view, I think it would be very useful if sold listings included the sold price. This would provide a useful reference both from a buyer and seller perspective as to what similar machines have gone for in the past. Obviously this only forms a rough guide, but from a personal point of view it would potentially have prevented me from making a silly low initial offer on the first machine I ended up buying!

All the above are obviously only my personal opinion as a relative newby on here.

Cheers.

Since most people seem to have offered feedback here’s my point of view.
As a seller I think the changes have been an upgrade. It’s nice and logical and I like that it makes you put in photos/location/good and bad points. A half assed advert like some of them used to be is just lazy ness and as Paul has pointed out isn’t right when you are asking people to drop 3/4/5/6k on an expensive toy!
As I buyer I do miss the old format. I can’t put my finger on the exact reason because you can essentially do the same things with a few extra clicks. But... The for sale page was saved as a favourite on my phone and I would always start from here on the forum and would find myself checking in maybe up to 10 times a day to see if anything had been posted. The argument will be I can still do this but somehow it doesn’t feel the same. I now check in a couple of times max. To me it also feels like a bit of a graveyard corner of the forum as things disappear leaving not that much content. It was actually quite fun to scroll through page after page of past machines even if there was a mix and match of for sale/sold/no longer available. I also found it valuable for reminding me what prices games have been listed at.

conclusion is there must be a middle ground. My preference would be to return to the old format but somehow implement the standards of the new for sale adverts. I think a few people not changing the status of their advert is a small price to pay. Most people with common sense would probably realise an advert that is 6 months old with no new posts has probably long gone and if in any doubt then drop a pm.

dos anybody know why the for sale section was changed as the new one is poor at best I use to love reading the comments and working out the prices and always different types of machines being offered in last 6 weeks I think ive seen 10 machines at most why don't Paul run both the old and the new

I quite like the new classifieds but finding the auto generated expiry posts superfluous.

Also am seeing white blocks against some of "Machines for Sale" which displays the text cursor if hovered over :hmm:

1613487822517.png

Apologies all - Currently Bed-ridden with covid style symptoms... Awaiting results of test.. Fingers crossed will be negative and on the mext soon (tho the 38.4C Temp isnt pleasent!!)

The white boxes are where it shows how many people are watching... I need to report that to the Mod creator as they should match the background...

Apologies all - Currently Bed-ridden with covid style symptoms... Awaiting results of test.. Fingers crossed will be negative and on the mext soon (tho the 38.4C Temp isnt pleasent!!)

The white boxes are where it shows how many people are watching... I need to report that to the Mod creator as they should match the background...
Get well soon Paul and take it easy.

Fingers crossed for the all clear 🤞🏼
Get better soon regardless of the result 👍🏼

Fingers crossed Paul. You have made a whole sh1t tonne of folks' lives better.

I hope you feel better soon mate!

Sad to hear this, I hope you are feeling better soon

Back
Top Bottom