What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IMPORTANT - PLEASE READ - Comments on Sales/trades/wanted threads

Comments on sales/Trades/Wanted threads.... Yes or no.... (Simple choice!)

• Yes

Votes: 129 86.0%
  • No

Votes: 21 14.0%

• Total voters
I've said too much already on this really (pinball is SERIOUS business) but put it this way. I've got a big wedge of pinball money burning a hole in my pocket and I've not clicked classified yet. In the old days I would have been refreshing the for sale section and shooting the sh1t in there. Feel bad complaining and I totally understand the Facebook Mums don't like change thing but I do think the old way was superior. I could maybe help moderate if it would help?

I've said too much already on this really (pinball is SERIOUS business) but put it this way. I've got a big wedge of pinball money burning a hole in my pocket and I've not clicked classified yet. In the old days I would have been refreshing the for sale section and shooting the sh1t in there. Feel bad complaining and I totally understand the Facebook Mums don't like change thing but I do think the old way was superior. I could maybe help moderate if it would help?

So here's a serious Q - Wheres the problem in clicking on "classifieds" and then clicking on "Machines for sale" (which then lists all machines that are currently for sale, listed in the last 30 days)???

I must be missing something here...

The last thing this place needs is a power crazed megalomaniac with a trigger happy finger poised on the pinballinfo nuke button.

So here's a serious Q - Wheres the problem in clicking on "classifieds" and then clicking on "Machines for sale" (which then lists all machines that are currently for sale, listed in the last 30 days)???

Honestly mate I don't know the exact answer. It used to be my first port of call and I would naturally gravitate that way. I enjoyed browsing it and chatting there. With the new set up I don't and so subconsciously I'm just not inclined to visit that section. Of course in time this could change but it now feels like a Gumtree or Ebay Ad rather than a place I want to visit? I really can't put my finger on it. I think the fact it doesn't match the rest of the forum discourages people. I like how laid back and friendly it was.

The last thing this place needs is a power crazed megalomaniac with a trigger happy finger poised on the pinballinfo nuke button.

It'd be akin to Trump getting the nuke button! That said You're already on my list Gonzo. WATCH OUT haha!

For me, it’s just the feel and flow of it. It feel clunky and difficult to see what is available without constant clicking.

For me, it’s just the feel and flow of it. It feel clunky and difficult to see what is available without constant clicking.

Ok - i conceed that it's more clicks... get that totally. An extra 1 to be able to see the bit you are looking for, specifically. If you dont know what you are looking for then yes, a few more... so not as good for Perusing.... however if you want to look at a machine it's 2 clicks to get the list of what is available.

the one i have a real misunderstanding on is - How can it be more difficult to see whats available?? It only lists what is available.

o here's a serious Q - Wheres the problem in clicking on "classifieds" and then clicking on "Machines for sale"
no problem at all. It just needs to work properly.
When I click on a classified it should take me to the ad not the discussion.
When I'm informed that there's a new comment it should take me to the comment.
In What's new, it should show everything new, including classifieds, forum posts, comments etc.
If I set up a watch on the machines for sale (I have) it should email me with new ads and include the price (it doesn't as its no longer in the body of the text).

When I click on a classified it should take me to the ad not the discussion.

You are clicking on the new thread created by the Ad - If i turn off adding it to the "New posts" indicator then this will solve the problem.
If you are subscribed to the group then you will get an email anyhow telling you there has been a new post, and this will take you directly to the "Ad".

When I'm informed that there's a new comment it should take me to the comment.
Exactly what happens above.

In What's new, it should show everything new, including classifieds, forum posts, comments etc.

Valid point... Will work on this - however worth noting that you will get multiple notifications for the same Ad (one for the Ad, One for the new Discussion etc)

If I set up a watch on the machines for sale (I have) it should email me with new ads and include the price (it doesn't as its no longer in the body of the text).

Again, Valid - Will also work on this.

Hey @Paul
Just my 2cents on the subject.

I’m a fairly new member and have bought more games than I’ve sold on here and not since the new Classifieds section came into play. However, I personally enjoyed frequenting the Machines for sale/trade/wanted section the most, as found that was a hub of activity.

That thread was my go to on this forum. Always interested to see what’s coming up for sale, what people are after and all the camaraderie that went along with it, discussing the game in question, other owner’s opinions, and generally an all in one easy to see list; with the latest activity on a post pushed to the top.

Totally appreciate the new classifieds section has a discussion tab for this, then there is a questions tab, then option to message poster direct which is all well and good.

However, I personally find the classifieds section almost like a separate add-on to the forum.
I understand you have created a classifieds section that only lists current machines and parts available which sounds great. But having it this way feels to me separated from the original forum chat postings on the for sale/wanted ads section of the forum. I preferred seeing the posts in the list, even when the game was sold etc. I’m now finding the need to check back on the for sale/wanted ads section and the classifieds section as there is still currently activity in both places.

I appreciate you are trying to tidy things up with regards to sales posts, but for me personally I felt it worked fine before👍🏼

@Paul and mods

You guys do a great job with this forum. I would never have taken my collection from 2 when I first joined to 14 and then back down to 10 without it.

But this new for sale forum just misses the spot. The old one was so easy, so user friendly. I got really straightforward emails telling me when a new machine was for sale and what the price was.

It was so easy to use that I sold a game in under 2 minutes once. Does that happen any more?

Now it seems a real effort to use it. it is clunky. I rarely visit it. And I am actually looking to buy 2x games to fill my slots.

84 per cent of folk voted to keep comments on. A few drama queen/ hissy fit/ over sensitive sellers moaned from time to time.

It looks like the hissy fit guys have prevailed. This feels a bit like the breast feeding v chest feeding debate in the news today.

It weren't broke. It didn't need fixing. The no comment guys can use ebay and gumtree.

We have tried chests. We prefer breasts. Can we have our old for sale forum back now please ?

Maybe it's because I'm relatively new here and didn't have much involvement with the old system so haven't had to get used to the new way of doing things but I find the current classifieds section easy to navigate and think the way it's sub-divided works perfectly well. Just a couple of clicks and I can easily look at machines for sale / wanted and engage in a discussion if so desired. Simples

Exacty the same as if someone replied to a thread you had subscribed to - you still get the notification.... Even on the old system you had that issue...

Bit harsh, very easy to criticise, if you had to keep the for sale area tidy and relevant you might think different.

the new system keeps unkempt for sale/wanted etc listings in order by timing them out, this isnt possible with the old system (unless administrated religiously) and people were abusing it and not making stuff as sold/found etc. Paul has implemented a system that does this, yes it’s not perfect but it’s a good start that need adjusting but has the potential to make the new classifieds be relevant

Bit harsh, very easy to criticise, if you had to keep the for sale area tidy and relevant you might think different.

the new system keeps unkempt for sale/wanted etc listings in order by timing them out, this isnt possible with the old system (unless administrated religiously) and people were abusing it and not making stuff as sold/found etc. Paul has implemented a system that does this, yes it’s not perfect but it’s a good start that need adjusting but has the potential to make the new classifieds be relevant
Completely disagree, but hey that’s what this forum is for, discussion.

I have to be honest and I, like many others, think this place is much worse off with the changes made.

I realise a lot of hard work goes into this forum, but from someone who has sold and bought a fair few times using the old system, I didn’t think it was broken at all.

I really appreciate all @Paul and other admins hard work and there's probably a lot behind the scenes they do daily that we don't see but a few unkempt old sales threads were hardly a major issue that needed the whole site revamped imho.

Back
Top Bottom