What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Imperial socket set

I've only ever used a socket set for leg bolts and some of the older backboxes - nut drivers all the way. I had the exact same set that @Sgt GrizZ mentioned above, but the yellow and grey have become worn over the last dozen years so I upgraded just those 2 specific sizes.

You don't need a full set as I only ever seem to use 3 for everything pinball related. It's then worth paying the higher price for the good quality drivers from Pinball Heaven as being magnetic, and with a long shaft cover all eventualities.
Yep. My yellow one got worn and started slipping after years of use. All those screws securing nearly everything underneath the playfield 😁

Why a socket set ?
I’ve worked on pinball machines for over 25 years and never found need to use a socket set.
Buy a good quality nut driver set , much easier to use .
Same here and have used sockets, have the best quality driver sets from PH but some jobs were easier with a socket and extension.
Whatever floats your boat.
And it’s for other uses not primarily pinball so it will not be used once in a blue moon😂

Last edited:
I’ve got that Duratool but had no luck with it, also had a socket and bolt in my Hilka magnetic tool tray for months and nothing☹️
Did you try drawing the tool towards you and rotating several times across the magnet (tray upside down)?
I've since noticed Wera makes tool magnetising magnets, which makes me think this must work in general, fizziks innit :D

Did you try drawing the tool towards you and rotating several times across the magnet (tray upside down)?
I've since noticed Wera makes tool magnetising magnets, which makes me think this must work in general, fizziks innit :D
No just left them in the tray, will give that a go👍
I had some screws in the Duratool one and the magnetism put on the screws was tiny, not worth a you know what.
I put a couple of the new sockets in the Duratool to try incase it’s a material thing.

I normally put grease in the sockets but a bit messy for a pinball, would be nice to get them magnetised better than glueing a magnet inside or getting a magnetic adapter.

Maybe I should read up how to do it☺️

This jogged my memory as I was looking for a set before and couldn’t make my mind up, ended up getting Facom set not the pro version but good enough and lifetime guarantee.
Metric and imperial with decent length extension bars, some of the other sets I thought the extension bars were a bit short. Ratchet feels ok.
Think I read somewhere that Facom Expert is the new Britool range.

Nice little set for £63.
Been using this set a lot, you people only using nut drivers are missing out😂

Of all things tools, I had a palm ratchet in a recent job lot of used tools and I use it more than I thought I would. Great in tight places too. If you can imagine just the head of a ratchet complete with fixed, forward, backward, it's that. Mine's similar to this Tekton one.

Screen Shot 2022-12-17 at 00.23.42.png
or this type,

Screen Shot 2022-12-17 at 00.24.27.png

Back
Top Bottom