What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wanted I love IT when new pins come onto the market.

pintableuser

Registered
5Years
Mettalica......Hobbit......Woz........ Stern StarTrek... Beautiful pins and jewels for any games-room.
But my love is not for the actual NEW pins themselves its the MM's MB's AFM's CV's SC's CC's and all the choice 1990's pins which have to be sold on to make space and finance the NIB purchases. After many years of searching....I hope to fill a few spaces in my humble games-room myself. The search is ON.

True,some ahrder to get pins may come up for sale due to people wanting acdc,metallica,woz etc

Maybe even some of mine

i was having the same conversation today, i can see a few top titles coming onto the market in the coming weeks to pay for NIBs. don't forget Predator in your calculations.

i can't see it, myself. a NIB is always a risk, what if Metallica turns out to be a load of old sh_ite? just cos ACDC is generally well received, doesn't mean that this one will be. everyone agrees that WOZ looks the business, but none of us have yet had the chance to see how it measures up with some code attached. nobody has any clue either about Predator, even less about Hobbit or StarTrek2014, as i'm gonna christen it. i'm sure a lot of the same hype went on before a dud like Rolling Stones was released, and before some 90s titles with fantastic promise too, like XFiles or Cake Boy.

jesus on dog anus.jpg

WTF is cake boy?

Loved the toys at first sight on Metallica but the artwork is horrible. Always thought Pushead was a dreadful artist, but guess I'm in the minority. Would of been very keen on this if the artwork was different. Why would someone rush to buy a premium model before reading reviews or playing it? I can understand with the limited versions to some extent but if you can get something in a few months time it's got to be a huge risk to stomp up cash now.

Mr Stern...your future is secure.
By very clever timing and world marketing on maximum you have put the dream of owning a Mettalica pin in ever pinheads cranial cavity. Tantalising and teasing,.... acting like extreme endorphins the need to put this into a home environment is overpowering. And it certainly would complete the lineup of GNR and ACDC......
But the next release has got to be "MOTORHEAD"..... Lemmy (Ian Fraser Kilmister) will make the artwork colourful, complex and off the scale.

Mettalica......Hobbit......Woz........ Stern StarTrek... Beautiful pins and jewels for any games-room.
But my love is not for the actual NEW pins themselves its the MM's MB's AFM's CV's SC's CC's and all the choice 1990's pins which have to be sold on to make space and finance the NIB purchases. After many years of searching....I hope to fill a few spaces in my humble games-room myself. The search is ON.

SC bagged and tagged.......... beautiful example. Now...this week I will mainly be hunting GnR

003.jpg

Looks a cracker.. No pun intended:) I'd love a GnR too. Played it at Swavesey last year and I was hooked.

I wish they didn't but every stern I have ever played has left me stone cold.....even avatar.
im more old school and still loving Williams and gotliebs to be honest.
I really must get over it and move on I think.lol

That looks like a cracker, one of the nicest Safe Crackers I have seen. (from the pic anyway)
Did you get it from the Newcastle area ?

The Maccams have all the best pins.....seems to be seasonal...initially it was Bristol.....then Leeds/Wakefield..... then Norfolk....then Kent and recently The Isle of Skye. Any knowledge that would put me on the trail of a very nice GnR appreciated . I just don't fancy a euro pillage this year........ but......

The Maccams have all the best pins.....seems to be seasonal...initially it was Bristol.....then Leeds/Wakefield..... then Norfolk....then Kent and recently The Isle of Skye. Any knowledge that would put me on the trail of a very nice GnR appreciated . I just don't fancy a euro pillage this year........ but......

I think G n R is a killer game - with nice layout ,drops(which were few and far between on games when this was made),great modes. Killer sounds-A must have if ya own one is a speaker upgrade.
True there don't seem to be many for sale these days - probably cos people like me won't let there's go:sorry:

see below for pic of the amps I attached to the ramps

Attachments

• DSCF0010.jpg
    DSCF0010.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 12
When you acquired your GnR did you have many issues with it?? Scoop hole?, play-field worn to the wood? broken ramps? cabinet damage? magnets etc. These pins were played to death. Optimistically, my search may take me down some interesting roads.

When you acquired your GnR did you have many issues with it?? Scoop hole?, play-field worn to the wood? broken ramps? cabinet damage? magnets etc. These pins were played to death. Optimistically, my search may take me down some interesting roads.

General assumptions for most G n R's IMO

Expect at least one magnet to be u/s - probably knackered mosfet
Scoop wear and possibly pf wear nearby
the Guns N Roses inserts will probably have small insert cracks around the circle
Wear near flipper buttons on the cab
Unless they have been replaced Axl and Starburst plastics to be fooked above scoop tho these are easily bought
Cracks in big plastic under launch rail

BTW fit a shaker - it is supported in the software(hidden as it says not used but it is)
Also be ware there are at least two,probably 3 incarnations of the habitrails - originals are black,but later ones for main launch rail were changed to chrome due to balls binding a bit - I would fit a beefier coil - 22-550 or summat

General assumptions for most G n R's IMO

Expect at least one magnet to be u/s - probably knackered mosfet
Scoop wear and possibly pf wear nearby
the Guns N Roses inserts will probably have small insert cracks around the circle
Wear near flipper buttons on the cab
Unless they have been replaced Axl and Starburst plastics to be fooked above scoop tho these are easily bought
Cracks in big plastic under launch rail

BTW fit a shaker - it is supported in the software(hidden as it says not used but it is)
Also be ware there are at least two,probably 3 incarnations of the habitrails - originals are black,but later ones for main launch rail were changed to chrome due to balls binding a bit - I would fit a beefier coil - 22-550 or summat

Thanks for the heads-up,,,,, never considered the habitrails:thumb:

Thanks To TYHO and MUFCMUFC input....DONE DEAL !!.......... No issues with play-field scoop, Table wear spots, inserts or habitrails, all magnets function.:thumb:.....TO DO... Some board work, GI light connectors. dodgy power board soldering, breaks in earth braids, and some wiriing oragami ....spaghetti..well it is Ex-Italian.....
a good-un all in.
002.jpg

mirror2.ipdb.org_images_3793_3793f1.jpg

I have been tempted to seek one out.......if someone has one ..or knows of one For Sale please get in touch ........ any condition considered.

mirror2.ipdb.org_images_3793_3793f1.jpg

I have been tempted to seek one out.......if someone has one ..or knows of one For Sale please get in touch ........ any condition considered.

I think Jamie bird may have one for sale possibly, I know he had one knocking about not so long ago anyway.
Thanks
Si

Much appreciated Si........... will contact him and see if he still has it, wants to part with it, or where it is now........

With regards to WATERWORLD..... I'm now reverting to "Plan B"...............Only Three (3) in the UK and will possibly be easier to buy in Belgium/Germany... so one for the long LIST and finding a friendly foreign source........ Gonna need a bigger van...........................................

Back
Top Bottom