What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to move a pinball

Cosco Sack truck (as recommended in another thread on here) works brilliantly.

Amazingly a set of DIY Doctor Furniture Sliders (small circles of plastic you put under the legs) work amazingly well. I've used them to move a slate bed pool table!

150kg works ok if its on a decent floor but Pete is iirght that you need to keep an eye on the machine esp if legs off.

here is me using mine at NST unboxing...

I've got the 300kg version. It lifts and moves a pin with ease and fits neatly between legs (of a B/W) when not in use. Much better than risking a bad back.

The only downside is the weight (80kg).

When it comes to sack trucks, i have used lots over the years. Most will bend, buckle or lose a tyre eventually. If you can afford to, get a Magliner! By far the best and with the back sliders, perfect for the job.

15983671890437445517463632847226.jpg15983672154214963025897584148279.jpg

Indeed Matt went thru two cheap ones ended up with the mag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

recently bought one of these around £80
puncture proof tyres, 300Kg and nice wide plate
cheers Bob

Attachments

• 20200825_162715.jpg
    20200825_162715.jpg
    122.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 20200825_162705.jpg
    20200825_162705.jpg
    82.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 20200825_162655.jpg
    20200825_162655.jpg
    78.5 KB · Views: 27
Cosco Sack truck (as recommended in another thread on here) works brilliantly.

Amazingly a set of DIY Doctor Furniture Sliders (small circles of plastic you put under the legs) work amazingly well. I've used them to move a slate bed pool table!
Thanks. Will have a look at these

150kg works ok if its on a decent floor but Pete is iirght that you need to keep an eye on the machine esp if legs off.

here is me using mine at NST unboxing...

Thank you Neil. I watched a chunk of your video and picked up a few tips. I’m assuming your scissor was a 150? Cheers

Pulled muscles moving pins tonight need a scissor lift trolly, could you guys recommend some with links?

how do you slide a machine into a line up using one? As looks like handles will get in the way on them?

Thanks

just search ebay or amazon or google for "scissor lift trolley" - Mine is 150kgs and moved every pin I have including v. heavy JJP.

You could also get a 250kgs one for not much more.

They wont lift a pin from the front, but can help you slide into the lineup - e.g. use the plastic cups under the rear feet -depends on your flooring.

Just to endorse. I paid £250 for a 150kgs and it is fantastic. I have 3 pins in a row and it is so easy to move any one in/out. The scissor lift itself is heavy which is why I opted for the 150kgs one. The handle moves down into flat position when stored. An invaluable purchase even for minor repairs to any machine when in a row

Just make sure when you get one, that the table length is long enough as the first one I had was too short which meant you had to keep pressing down on the front to get the back to lift off the ground.

Another question :D
When you lift do you have another bit of wood on top so it’s touching the edges of the cabinet bottom? Or do you literally lift using the bottom wood panel? (Can this take weight?)

Long as I can wheel it under jack it up and pull the pin out I’m good :)

Back
Top Bottom