What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to move a pinball

Howzer

Site Supporter
Alias
Simon
Fairly new to site. What is the “easiest” way to move a pinball machine? I have reasonable strength but only my wife to assist so looking to buy some sort of “ jack” or hydraulic trolley to help. Any ideas at all? 😊

A scissor lift trolly might be what you want but a decent sack truck is handy too.
Move my machines on my own with a scissor lift trolly, worth every penny but they are heavy.
5B21412B-CFAF-4DEF-819B-A77B53C4B4C9.jpeg

Move about a room or move from vehicle into the house?
I have a scissor lift but it is useless in my current house because they are not easy to negotiate over poor surfaces, bumps, stones, grass and steps. A sack truck is a lot more effort to get into a car but more tolerant of poor surfaces. If your pins come out your car and into a garage then these scissor lifts are great, they are also great for moving around your set up.

Move about a room or move from vehicle into the house?
I have a scissor lift but it is useless in my current house because they are not easy to negotiate over poor surfaces, bumps, stones, grass and steps. A sack truck is a lot more effort to get into a car but more tolerant of poor surfaces. If your pins come out your car and into a garage then these scissor lifts are great, they are also great for moving around your set up.
I guess it’s a bit of both but mailnly car to house I think. Looks like an expensive scissor lift might turn out to be a good long term purchase. Thank you

Sack truck for car to house move.
Static support (a big DIY wooden box that can take the weight of the game) to erect the game (the front two legs are easy - i use the box to support the back when fitting the two back legs).

Sack truck for car to house move.
Static support (a big DIY wooden box that can take the weight of the game) to erect the game (the front two legs are easy - i use the box to support the back when fitting the two back legs).
Thank you

Best way to move a pin:

1) Sell it on here.... cheap.
2) State ‘buyer collects’

Sorted [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Buy machine
Ring Martin the removal guy
when it arrives say you have a bad back.
He’ll more the likely get it into the house for you!!
Simples 😊

You need to take the legs off and use a sack truck - Don't transport it with the legs still on. Cosco are the best for the price (it's also what Martin uses). The only particularly difficult part is getting the rear legs on and off.

Got the exact same one as above. It is fantastic. Even moves my heavy JJP Pirates no problem.
Hi Alan. Thank you for your comment. Do you know if your lift is for 150kg or 300kg. I’m thinking 150 is sufficient but don’t want to make an expensive mistake 😃

Hi Alan. Thank you for your comment. Do you know if your lift is for 150kg or 300kg. I’m thinking 150 is sufficient but don’t want to make an expensive mistake 😃

Go for the 300 kg. The 150 kg can work but balancing can be an issue.

Hi Alan. Thank you for your comment. Do you know if your lift is for 150kg or 300kg. I’m thinking 150 is sufficient but don’t want to make an expensive mistake [emoji2]

i went for 150kg and it is well up to the job.

Horses for courses. If you have a polished concrete floor and no bumps then a 150kg is fine. Tarmac drives, bumps, slopes and steps it's better to beef up

i went for 150kg and it is well up to the job.

Same here, looked at the 300kg one but at nearly 80kgs was too heavy for my liking as I sometimes put mine in the passenger footwell leaning against the seat so it’s out of the way.
Came in handy the other day when I used it to transfer straight from my van and into an estate car without any effort in a petrol station.
They don’t like deep pile carpet. Carpet tiles are fine.

Same here, looked at the 300kg one but at nearly 80kgs was too heavy for my liking as I sometimes put mine in the passenger footwell leaning against the seat so it’s out of the way.
Came in handy the other day when I used it to transfer straight from my van and into an estate car without any effort in a petrol station.
They don’t like deep pile carpet. Carpet tiles are fine.

At 80kg you’d need a lift for the lift. Stack them up like Russian Dolls.

Back
Top Bottom