What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to move a pinball

Hmm, maybe I should go this route and call off the search for Pinskates. Presumably you need to push down on the lockdown bar when lifting with this size trolley from the front?

Last edited:
Hmm, maybe I should go this route and call off the search for Pinskates. Presumably you need to push down on the lockdown bar when lifting with this size trolley from the front?
Perfect, will test on LW3 first hahahaha :)

I collected it this lunch time and will test tonight after work (with photos!) and will let you guys know how i get on :)

but are you super sure you can lift a game just using the bottom panel?
Yeah I share that concern but it seems how everybody moves them at shows etc. Perhaps its just rickety old project cabs that require due care.

Actually worked quite well and super easy easy to lift and move once on :)

can 100% raise very secure with head down, but with head up you have to hold onto front as is trying to top off. But I reken you can modify the trolly so the handle can bend forward more so you can slide the trolly further under the machine then you could lift with head up (like if it was in a line up)

I’ll give that a go next. As ideal situation is to slide it under a machine in a line up and pull it straight out with head up :)

Attachments

• F9B2F13C-A6EC-46D7-BFC1-08BB8768BAE5.jpeg
    F9B2F13C-A6EC-46D7-BFC1-08BB8768BAE5.jpeg
    210.8 KB · Views: 37
  • 9B75A0D7-B965-41EB-84C3-0F1337EEA416.jpeg
    9B75A0D7-B965-41EB-84C3-0F1337EEA416.jpeg
    207.8 KB · Views: 29
  • B9EA39DC-75D8-42DF-A322-6BE2B450567E.jpeg
    B9EA39DC-75D8-42DF-A322-6BE2B450567E.jpeg
    221.5 KB · Views: 36
Glad you got it and making life easier for you.

That's what I was referring to, that ideally you need one with a longer table length so it lifts easily with back box up. Hope your mod sorts it.

just search ebay or amazon or google for "scissor lift trolley" - Mine is 150kgs and moved every pin I have including v. heavy JJP.

You could also get a 250kgs one for not much more.

They wont lift a pin from the front, but can help you slide into the lineup - e.g. use the plastic cups under the rear feet -depends on your flooring.

That's odd, mine lifts 500kg and fits between the front legs allowing a normal front/rear lift... :hmm:

They had a 300kg next side up but then the width made it not fit between the legs :(

as it only slightly tipping with head up you can do it this way just to pull game out enough to get access to back if head to lower that then move properly once it’s down :)

I’ll think of best way to modify so it can slider further under as well :)

But 100% better then me just dragging them, as really crippled my self on Friday but ok now.

Just tried MM it just slightly tips with head up but long as you hold it, it will stay up right ok so fine for pulling a machine out a line up :)

They had a 300kg next side up but then the width made it not fit between the legs :(

as it only slightly tipping with head up you can do it this way just to pull game out enough to get access to back if head to lower that then move properly once it’s down :)

I bought a 300kg one from the same company (the orange model) - it goes between the legs as long as you've got the platform lowered. Once you've got it past the legs, you can raise the platform - platform is long enough to prevent tipping.

I bought a 300kg one from the same company (the orange model) - it goes between the legs as long as you've got the platform lowered. Once you've got it past the legs, you can raise the platform - platform is long enough to prevent tipping.
Yup just realised this DOH, was tempted to swap but then saw the weight, almost twice and this this is heavy enough ahhhh hehe. I just tried again but using a strap as well and worked perfectly :)

You're right about the weight - I wouldn't fancy having to move it anywhere other than along a flat floor.

You're right about the weight - I wouldn't fancy having to move it anywhere other than along a flat floor.
Yeah was gonna drag this up stairs to move 2 pins around up there but might abandon that idea lol

moonrakers one seems to have a longer bed than the yellow perils so can lift from the front with ease. someone suggested extending the bed on the yellow one by welding on a metal plate. we might try that. we used our yellow one to move a lot of games around today , pins folded down , truck from the rear they work perfectly even with the games that are probably over its 150kg limit like WOZ!

I found once raised if you just put a strap around the machine holding it to the table it does not tip and only takes few seconds to add.

After last trying one of these trollies at @steve brum 's place a few weeks ago when I delivered WOZ I actually thought it is easier with my sack truck and lifting (trust me - I set up loads of pinball machines). These things are a nightmare to store unless the front handle folds down and if you want to put one on a van - it seriously reduces your load.

Get a decent sack truck and grab a stool or a piece of timber !

You guys need more practice at pinball set up, so you all need to buy more. Just tell your other halves I said it was okay.

It always helps
After last trying one of these trollies at @steve brum 's place a few weeks ago when I delivered WOZ I actually thought it is easier with my sack truck and lifting (trust me - I set up loads of pinball machines). These things are a nightmare to store unless the front handle folds down and if you want to put one on a van - it seriously reduces your load.

Get a decent sack truck and grab a stool or a piece of timber !

You guys need more practice at pinball set up, so you all need to buy more. Just tell your other halves I said it was okay.
Got a sack truck in the garage :D it was the sliding in / out of a line up / moving around the room without having to take them apart I was having trouble with which this thing appears to solve quite well :)

Got a sack truck in the garage :D it was the sliding in / out of a line up / moving around the room without having to take them apart I was having trouble with which this thing appears to solve quite well :)
It makes a nice extra table for guests as well......

Hang on - if we arent careful this will start sounding like top tips from Viz.

Another question :D
When you lift do you have another bit of wood on top so it’s touching the edges of the cabinet bottom? Or do you literally lift using the bottom wood panel? (Can this take weight?)
It depends on the game.

I have 2x lengths of wood wide enough to reach the cab sides of my widebody Paragon. Some old SS games had a much weaker cabinet floor (hardboard ?) than later System 11, WPC, JJP and Modern Stern which use plywood or mdf

Unfortunately I don't think the forum has yet found a clear winner in the hydraulic truck department. The folding handle ones tend to be about 150kg capacity, have shorter beds, feel a bit flimsy, but are much more portable (weigh about 40kg). They are fine on good/ level surfaces.

I have a 300kg one which is horribly heavy (80kg), rattles like fook when you move it empty, it needs a big socket set to undo bolts to remove the handle - but it is much sturdier over grass/ inclines/ ramps/ uneven ground

I got mine second hand .... https://www.machinemart.co.uk/p/htl300-300kg-hydraulic-lifting-table/

Last edited:
On the short bed trolleys, just cut down handle a bit, then will go further under machine.

Hi-jacking old thread here (sorry) but has anyone bought one of these lifts? 250kg capacity and the thing itself weighs 43kg.

After moving WOZ at the weekend, I've decided I can't take lifting these anymore so need to buy something. WOZ clearly contains the Tin Man and all the yellow bricks from the bloomin' road! 28.2 stone - jeez! Anyone tried this lift before I take the plunge and go for it? It looks a similar size to the 300kg ones mentioned with the benefit of the unit itself being a lot lighter.

Back
Top Bottom