What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How often do you play your machines?

R

RobZombie

I'm ashamed to say that I've not played (or had time to play) any pinball in at least two months. I'm curious, how often do you play your machines?

At least once a day and if I don't a couple of times every other. I can only have 2 at a time at the moment though. One has the boards away for repair. I find that once i only play them once a week they don't stay around much longer

It's a good question and is the reason I sold all my Bally/Williams games. I went through a period where I didn't play them for TWO years. Addams, Twilight Zone, Whitewater, Indiana Jones etc. All sat there gathering dust. Nearly packed in the hobby but decided to try some newer games. Hello Stern.
I'm now in love with the hobby again and play at least 4 times a week.

I used to play mine every day but only for about 20 to 30mins, sometimes less, sometimes more. For those daily players, how long do you play for on average?

Strange isn't it, I have got rid of all my Sterns (with the exception of Sopranos) as I got bored of the endless "deep" rules and have gone back to the FUN Bally-Williams-Data East's Currently I have 1 Stern, 1 Gottlieb, 5 Data East's and 20 Bally Williams (system 9 to WPC95) and I have never been happier with my collection.

Just goes to show, different strokes etc

Strange isn't it, I have got rid of all my Sterns (with the exception of Sopranos) as I got bored of the endless "deep" rules and have gone back to the FUN Bally-Williams-Data East's Currently I have 1 Stern, 1 Gottlieb, 5 Data East's and 20 Bally Williams (system 9 to WPC95) and I have never been happier with my collection.

Absolutely mate. Whatever keeps you interested is the way to go. I briefly owned an old Williams Phoenix. I used to shun the old games but I really enjoyed playing it. The subtle little strategies like lighting the spinner and getting bonus multipliers lit was fun.

Nothing wrong with the old Bally/Williams DMD games but I have just played them to death over the past 20 or so.

I have to ask have you ever made it to BOSS on the Sopranos ? I would like another Sopranos if ever you decide that last Stern looks out of place :)

For me I should say, its not a question of rulesets, Bally/Williams/Gottlieb/Stern etc I just don't have the time. Priorities change. Working and commuting from 8am untill 7pm then working on my own stuff from 8:15pm until 1am. On the one night of the week I have free I'd rather watch a couple of movies. Feel bad that the pins are down there gathering dust :(

For me I should say, its not a question of rulesets, Bally/Williams/Gottlieb/Stern etc I just don't have the time. Priorities change. Working and commuting from 8am untill 7pm then working on my own stuff from 8:15pm until 1am. On the one night of the week I have free I'd rather watch a couple of movies. Feel bad that the pins are down there gathering dust :(
Yeah if you don't have the time, you don't have the time. Been times I've done late nights all week and have an early finish and you just want to spend the time doing something else. Only means you enjoy them more when you come back to them.

The great thing about pinball is you can fit a game in anytime. I usually play 30mins-1hr, wknds more. I tend to cycle thru my pins. Was playing Funhouse daily for weeks, I've now turned my attention to CFTBL which I'm still pretty hopeless at and a bit of TZ.

LOTR taking about 2 hours a day up at the moment for me. It is new to me and every day I learn more of the rules & that just keeps me interested. It may be HOU but is going to look like a well worn machine soon.

While I've been in my recent funk that I'm slowly emerging from, never. When I'm back to full mental health (it's all relative) I like to play every day for about an hour. I find it very liberating and stimulating

It ebbs and flows....

During a hot period 30 mins+ every day
Other times maybe once a week or less.

Games in the house get played far more. I've only made it down to the shed 2 or 3 times since Nov

I'll also have go to machines that change. Metallica is currently getting a lot of play. Haven't touched LOTR or Creature since last summer. The good thing is when you come back to a game then it feels new. Looking forward to getting AFM back as it's been lent out for 16+ months and I've forgotten how it plays

Not very often. At the moment my playing is likely to be when we have guests over. I built the log cabin to protect them whilst we were renovating started on the house but by putting them away from the house, I never get a cheeky game whilst waiting for The Boss to put her shoes on etc. If I work from home in the same cabin I do sometimes turn one on at the end of a shift but can feel guilty as there are so many jobs to do elsewhere.
I don't plan to sell them as I trust my pinball fire will come back at some point.

Not very often. At the moment my playing is likely to be when we have guests over. I built the log cabin to protect them whilst we were renovating started on the house but by putting them away from the house, I never get a cheeky game whilst waiting for The Boss to put her shoes on etc. If I work from home in the same cabin I do sometimes turn one on at the end of a shift but can feel guilty as there are so many jobs to do elsewhere.
I don't plan to sell them as I trust my pinball fire will come back at some point.
Welcome back :clap:

It waxes and wanes.

The feline pinball engineer and I tend to play a couple of games for about 30 mins in total most days. We have mainly played fish tales over recent months as with the lightening flippers it is great for practising on and he likes the theme; plus whirlwind as this is my current favourite, plus a Paragon or Banzai chaser

When someone comes over we tend to do a circuit of them all unless my guest is trying to get to the wizard mode on a particular game in which case we leave them to it.

Tryng to get to the bottom of a drop target problem (power off)
image.jpeg

Been playing every day for 30 to 60 mins..... Transformers is doing my head in.

The misses works most evening so I usually get 30 mins in 3 times in the week then an hour or two over the weekend.
If I don't play them for three or four days I feel guilty!

Most of my machines have been tombstoned or out on loan since October due to construction but I have managed to give Whoa Nellie a good seeing to for at least 30 mins every day and she keeps me coming back for more.

Easy to learn, difficult to master as someone once said...

Back
Top Bottom