What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress Hook, line and sinkered...

Hi astty! Hadn't seen your build thread so thanks for the link! I've found a guy in Spain who has produced full vinyl decals for the whole cabinet but I was under the impression the original cab was painted red and then the artwork screen printed on? Don't know how replacing the whole lot with vinyl would look?

Our decals will be the same quality as what Planetary Pinball use for their Bally/Williams ones, a high quality print and laminated with UV protection so the colours don't fade. Key difference is they will be available in either a gloss or matte finish. So the result is the cabinet (if done well) should look the same as any well restored Bally/Williams cabinet. Take a look a Manny's work to see how well this can be done.

Price should be around £120 GBP / €150 Euro's delivered, but I'm hoping we can bring the price down further.

Ironmongery, previously stripped. Etch primed then next day hammer sprayed. @J.C.Rox having now done this imho worth seeking a local powder coater and outsourcing.

See how much that costs and if they can reproduced the original wrinkled texture finish, but bare in mind it might be better just to buy new side rails and lock bar, which I'm pleased to see Pinball Center now have in stock :)

http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/p.../7242/side-rails-data-east-1-pair-535-5010-3x

http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/p...ockbars/3148/lockbar-data-east-/-sega-/-stern

It's about time somebody stocked those side rails! Would have bought both of these for my Hook had they been available a few months back.

Is yours damaged ? It looked ok in the for sale photos :hmm: Start a thread and share some pictures we love a bit of HOOK.

The insert panel catch is bust so it has been sat open behind the translite, bulbs resting against the back of it and they have burnt through in a few places. Only small but you can see the light coming through three of four pin holes. Didn't know which forum was best to start the thread? I've got loads of questions!!

Didn't know which forum was best to start the thread? I've got loads of questions!!
Noobie forum, Technical Questions forum I don't think it matters really, just start a thread about your machine and what help you need.

Back
Top Bottom