What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hong Kong pinball

• Thread starter Deleted member 2463
  • Start date
We're due to go out again in a few weeks so we'll look it up. Last time was too hectic to find time to get there. Any tear gas drifting around?

We're due to go out again in a few weeks so we'll look it up. Last time was too hectic to find time to get there. Any tear gas drifting around?

Plenty on weekends, just stay up to date with the news and you'll know where to avoid.

NB, all the pin tables are in dire need of a good clean and basic resto. 2 old grannies looking after the place so couldn't actually report anything. 1 other bloke played on the pinball while I was there but he left quickly so wasn't able to strike up any awkward convos.

Visited American Pool today. Lineup unchanged from previous post. All machines ‘functional’ except Transformers kept getting a ball stuck up near the top, searching for it then giving up. (Is that a common problem with this machine?) Otherwise we all had a lot of fun. Great value at HK$4 or HK$5 per game (40p or 50p). The directions in the original link suggested getting a Public Light Bus from Jordan. We took the ferry from North Point to Hung Hom from where it was a ten minute walk. Alternatively Hung Hom MTR is just ten minutes away. Well worth a visit.E8AE0FCA-7E78-4985-A6C6-800DEC92449E.jpeg

I appreciate that ‘pinball machines in Hong Kong’ is a relatively niche topic. But we do have an existing thread! My son posted me this picture of a machine he has just come across in an arcade near where he lives in Lai Chi Kok. Powerplay Arena Place 2 2/F and 3F 15 Cheung Shun Street (MTR Lai Chi Kok exit D2)

Attachments

• B8703305-C062-438B-AE2C-5721569D9627.jpeg
    B8703305-C062-438B-AE2C-5721569D9627.jpeg
    150.8 KB · Views: 56
I appreciate that ‘pinball machines in Hong Kong’ is a relatively niche topic. But we do have an existing thread! My son posted me this picture of a machine he has just come across in an arcade near where he lives in Lai Chi Kok. Powerplay Arena Place 2 2/F and 3F 15 Cheung Shun Street (MTR Lai Chi Kok exit D2)

Thanks for this - my wife is from HK and due to a family emergency we’ve just booked a last minute trip for next month. She has family in Mei Foo and we normally stay in Tsim Sha Tsui so I’ll hop off the MTR at Lai Chi Kok on the way there or back one day for a few games. Something to look forward to after our mandatory seven night hotel quarantine.

Good luck for the trip!

My wife did 21 days quarantine last year. Was pure hell for her, no window could be opened either and they gave them bleach for cleaning the bathroom in normal branded water bottles which people drank accidently.

One poor lady put some rubbish out, door slammed behind her and they whisked her off to Penny Bay for another 21 days quarantine!

Good luck for the trip!

My wife did 21 days quarantine last year. Was pure hell for her, no window could be opened either and they gave them bleach for cleaning the bathroom in normal branded water bottles which people drank accidently.

One poor lady put some rubbish out, door slammed behind her and they whisked her off to Penny Bay for another 21 days quarantine!
We are hoping quarantine will be shorter by the time we go in the autumn. Odd mixture of strategies at the moment. Ultra tough on quarantine but no coercion about having a vaccine.

Good luck for the trip!

Thanks, appreciate it. Given that we had to book a week or so after they started to allow non HK residents in for the first time since the pandemic started we didn't have much choice as far as quarantine hotels go due to availability, so we've ended up somewhere nice (ie expensive) at least.

Will do my best not to drink any bleach or get locked out of the room - but my biggest concern is testing positive on arrival or shortly thereafter and being carted off to hospital. We're going to go into our own two week lockdown before we fly, but we could easily pick it up at the airport on the way out given how things are over here. It's unsettling to say the least.

We are hoping quarantine will be shorter by the time we go in the autumn. Odd mixture of strategies at the moment. Ultra tough on quarantine but no coercion about having a vaccine.

Honestly, the response out there doesn't even follow the science. They've only recently re-opened beaches despite masks being mandatory outdoors and transmission outdoors being unlikely. I just don't see how China can continue to pursue a zero Covid policy when the rest of the world has essentially given up, Omicon is so infectious and international travel is so pervasive. The situation in Shanghai is crazy.

View attachment 188296

My brother went today. Looks like it might be closed permanently?
That’s a shame. I’m in HK at the moment. My grandson’s school is in Whampoa not far from the arcade and I was planning to check it out next week.. I plan to visit the other known machine in the arcade at Lai Chi Kok and will report back!

For anyone with plans to travel to HK in the near future, a note on our recent experiences. We arrived in November by when the rules had already been significantly loosened. PCR test at the airport and then straight to your accommodation. A few days of self monitoring and three further three PCRs at government test centres. All extremely quick, simple and efficient. For the first few days you could go out and about but not enter a restaurant. They we’re using a neat app called ‘Leave home safe’ that you tapped in with at venues. No fuss. Even if you tested positive it no longer meant being carted off to Penny Bay, just self isolation at you own accommodation.
Now things have relaxed even further and the Leave home safe app seems to have been abandoned. You just need to show a QR code showing youve been vaccinated.
The only remaining hassle is mask wearing which is still mandated. There is talk though of relaxing that requirement soon too.
Currently sitting in 20 degree sunshine so there are some positives.

Back
Top Bottom