What's new

Hobbit early pics

johnwhitfield

Site Supporter
Alias
John Whitfield
Just seen this over on Pinside. Now I know you don't play the cabinet, but this ticks the boxes for me:eyebrows:
bb_attachments649221bbat72600inline-1.jpg

bb_attachments649222bbat72601inline-1.jpg

This will test stern big time as surely it will be compared to LOTR?

judging by the build quality and the sheer amount if features and attention to detail that went into WOZ,Stern have a lot of catching up to do?

on the other hand can jersey jack make a profit long term?

i personally hope they both prosper and see the competition/business rivalry as nothing but a positive for pinheads.

i still think its a shame that no-one could get the licence for a Harry potter pin and that would bring in the younger generation also.

that hobbit sure looks gorgeous so far though!

Though considering people are now paying 3 or 4K+ for used 15 year old games ...it starts to not seem too bad ;) There is always an 'angle' that makes the cost of these ridiculous toys seem ok :D

Try telling that to er indoors!!! I got the look when I said that I wanted a 3k game :frusty:

I want one too, not like me to want a NIB, would never buy a NIB Stern but JJP's offering does change things a bit, no doubt it will be built to the same standard as WOZ and I like the theme, things are looking up for pinball.

img.photobucket.com_albums_v640_spartanheed_null_zps01759ed4.jpg

Joe says "This design is going together better than any layout I have ever done. It will include several different elements than my other games. It is a more expansive flowing game with fast shots and multiple ramps. The main mechanism is Smaug which will be very interactive. The game includes subways and a mountain-scape. Aside from WOZ Joe has designed some of the best loved highest earning games including our own TheWizard of Oz, The Simpson's Pinball Party and South Park. Joe continued; "We are all having a lot of unexpected fun creating this game"

subways - good.....

kickback - good....

axes - really? Guess they move forward with the slingshot hits. Wonder how they will cope with airballs. Also really nerdy but shouldn't the axe shafts be longer? I know there for dwarfs, but really, what kind of swing could you get with those?

Thanks for posting it Jon

i hope the code guy has started thinking about doing some work this time. in fact, if i was JJ, i'd have sacked him by now and got someone else in for this gig.

negativity over. i still love JJ and love the new thick strong metal and wood, the sturdy plastic that doesn't wobble, the fantastic art package that all sits there on WOZ awaiting some rules. The Hobbit will appeal to loads more people, and if it's done right, could be *the* one to have sitting next to your LOTR.

looking forward to more good news about this one!

gif groove.gif

So far so good, will be watching this one come together, may even have to put my hand in my pocket, saying that I've got my eye on a couple of expensive Ducati's atm so may have to play with my TOM a while longer.

Just sold one of my GSXR750RK's so fancy a couple of D's, the 1200 multistrada and the new hypermotard 2013 on the list, these are not cheap bikes so pinball will have to take a back seat for a while.

I am not greedy, I would have a Superbike 848, I can't use much more than that on the roads. ;)

Just sold one of my GSXR750RK's so fancy a couple of D's, the 1200 multistrada and the new hypermotard 2013 on the list, these are not cheap bikes so pinball will have to take a back seat for a while.
Wow, the GSXR750RK is one of those bikes you don't often see, on the road or in a collection.

If

If money was no object I'd be buying a 2013 KTM 990 SMT. You can pull wheelies all day long or tour Europe. Proper jack of all trades bike

If money was no object I would have two, one for speed and one for touring.
Hold on, I do have two and that does work.
I would have three, one for off-roadly stuff, one for speed and one for touring.
Actually, I would have four... This is a bit like pinballs and the reason I tried to leave them locked in the garage.

I do keep thinking what I would get after the VFR is uneconomical to repair and the only answer I have come up with is a newer VFR. Toured a lot of Europe on it, Nurburgring and the daily commute.

Wow, the GSXR750RK is one of those bikes you don't often see, on the road or in a collection.
Yup, I had three of them, circa 80-90 left globally out of the 500 made, I have one left which was the best of the bunch and is a keeper for a while or at least until I need a quick 10k : - )

We are filling the spot left by a lack of real Hobbit information. Plus Dreads had several of a very interesting bike. ;)

Back
Top Bottom