What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hitting the Jackpot at the Office - 12th November

David,

I like the format generally, had a great time and would happily play the format again. Its always well run at the Office and always good vibes and friendly which for me is the number one important thing.

I would possibly have made it a top 12 rather than top 16 and given the top 4 a bye to the quarter finals. I like to see doing well all day rewarded somewhat.

I would probably take LOTR out of the rotation as it plays extremely long particularly with 2 or 3 good players.
Totally agree, top 4 through to next round, next 8 play off with 4 winners meeting top 4.

I would possibly have made it a top 12 rather than top 16 and given the top 4 a bye to the quarter finals. I like to see doing well all day rewarded somewhat

I agree with you and this is how I'd like It personally. However we didn't use byes at the office (and changed Pinhaus finals) because IFPA penalises you for byes, making the event worth less. But it's an option to look at if the value isn't totally nerfed. Maybe we'll do it anyway, but that's down to Claire 😆
I imagine it feels bad to be top four seed and knocked out in the first 16 round 😁

For me, points mean nothing. Unless you are in the top few players in the UK they count for zero. It's only the top 2 that will get entry to certain extra competitions as I understand it I, ie the worlds. I know they count towards the UKCS, but I have never entered a tournament because of a perceived point value.

I agree that it must be very disappointing (and possibly a little unfair) to qualify in the top 4 then go out in the first knockout round of 16. Having said that, throughout the whole of the knockout stages, all the better qualifiers arguably had an advantage in that they had 1st choice of game in the best of 3 format, and in the event of of it going the full 3 games, got to choose 2 of the 3 games.

I think that if the knockout stages were single game head to heads, then that would indeed be more harsh, as anyone can have an unlucky game/house balls. At least it being best of three reduced the random element.

I also think that having the knockout rounds including the top 16 was a really positive thing as it extended the fun/excitement of the knockouts to a larger percentage of the competitors.

Liked the idea of top 16…. may have been in with a chance if my form hadnot dive bombed after lunch! 10 rounds worked well…. And yes LOTR played long! Even I had my share of long goes in round 9 Shame my score didn’t reflect it!

Big thank you to everyone who joined us on Sunday, and of course to @Hiltoncriss for hosting! I had a great day and hope you all too.

We started the day with a 2 minute silence for Remembrance Sunday, thanks everyone for taking part in that.

There were so many amazing games throughout the day! Here are some of my own personal highlights:
  • Michael Aw scoring 66 million on his first ball of Black Knight - really amazing play! I really feel for him as on the next player's turn, the right flipper button fell out and unfortunately couldn't be repaired. Gutting!
  • Some other super high scoring games - George Bennett's amazing Star Trek game and Dave Willcox on Spiderman, plus DPock on his consolation game on Dialed In just quietly and calmly playing away, and scoring over 1mil
  • Kev had loads of amazing games, played well all day - some amazing drop catches, and blowing up AC/DC and Spiderman!
  • I had a very close game on Scared Stiff with Sergio, Helen and Lan - Sergio, Helen and Lan all within a few thousand of each other!
  • The 45 minute game on Lord of the Rings! I came upstairs to see if someone could get a tap on the shoulder, to find Kev, Conrad and Yuen all getting to 'destroy the ring' with 30mil+ scores - Kev on 34m, Conrad on 36m. (Only Yuen finally managed to throw the ring into Mount Doom - well done Yuen!) Just awesome to watch and lots of excitement about whether they would manage it!
  • Ethan was 3rd U16 and in the top 16, getting through to the finals after a playoff on AFM - honestly the best I have ever seen him play. He was focused - catching the ball, aiming, and stayed calm and collected. Well done Ethan - he should be really proud!
  • and of course @Fantazia2 for his amazing play all day - he qualified 10th and stormed his way through the finals to 2nd place! Some fantastic games, including his game on Creature where he finished on 140 mil. His first ever trophy - and his first ever finals! He drove 4hrs to get here, and wasn't going another 4 hours home empty handed ;-)
Big congratulations to @robotgreg on the win - he definitely had to work hard with head to head games against Yuen and Chris in the finals!

As always, photos are saved in this album on Google, feel free to add yours too: https://photos.app.goo.gl/JyzVvzx4ScFdoAcm6

PXL_20231112_200922411~2.jpg PXL_20231112_200852652~2.jpg PXL_20231112_175455186.jpg

Full standings (as submitted to the IFPA)

1,Greg Mott
2,Chris Miller
3,Yuen Aw
4,Conrad Chambers
5,Dan Pocklington
6,Nathan Garwood
7,Clive Bush
8,Martin Bedford
12,Cristian Boudi
12,Pete Bennett
12,Isaac Granby
12,George Bennett
12,Ethan Campbell UK
12,Kevin Donovan
12,Graham Swaffield
12,Andy Brock
17,Gene Aw
18,James Aw
18,Philip Escoffey
21,Jon Carolan
21,Gareth Arnold
21,Matt Peck
21,John Burton
26,Paul Woollard
26,Jeremy Baynham
26,Steven Dale
26,Claire Lickman
26,Sofia Boudi
30,Dave Willcox
30,Matthew Halls
30,Nick Clark UK
32,Helen Swaffield
32,Christian Harris
34,Lan Aw
34,David Bowery
37,Bradley Burton
37,Phil Stokes
37,Sergio Olave
39,Andy Campbell
40,Chris Granby
40,George Boudi
42,Michael Aw
42,Ben Leigh
44,Emma Campbell

Big thank you to everyone who joined us on Sunday, and of course to @Hiltoncriss for hosting! I had a great day and hope you all too.

We started the day with a 2 minute silence for Remembrance Sunday, thanks everyone for taking part in that.

There were so many amazing games throughout the day! Here are some of my own personal highlights:
  • Michael Aw scoring 66 million on his first ball of Black Knight - really amazing play! I really feel for him as on the next player's turn, the right flipper button fell out and unfortunately couldn't be repaired. Gutting!
  • Some other super high scoring games - George Bennett's amazing Star Trek game and Dave Willcox on Spiderman, plus DPock on his consolation game on Dialed In just quietly and calmly playing away, and scoring over 1mil
  • Kev had loads of amazing games, played well all day - some amazing drop catches, and blowing up AC/DC and Spiderman!
  • I had a very close game on Scared Stiff with Sergio, Helen and Lan - Sergio, Helen and Lan all within a few thousand of each other!
  • The 45 minute game on Lord of the Rings! I came upstairs to see if someone could get a tap on the shoulder, to find Kev, Conrad and Yuen all getting to 'destroy the ring' with 30mil+ scores - Kev on 34m, Conrad on 36m. (Only Yuen finally managed to throw the ring into Mount Doom - well done Yuen!) Just awesome to watch and lots of excitement about whether they would manage it!
  • Ethan was 3rd U16 and in the top 16, getting through to the finals after a playoff on AFM - honestly the best I have ever seen him play. He was focused - catching the ball, aiming, and stayed calm and collected. Well done Ethan - he should be really proud!
  • and of course @Fantazia2 for his amazing play all day - he qualified 10th and stormed his way through the finals to 2nd place! Some fantastic games, including his game on Creature where he finished on 140 mil. His first ever trophy - and his first ever finals! He drove 4hrs to get here, and wasn't going another 4 hours home empty handed ;-)
Big congratulations to @robotgreg on the win - he definitely had to work hard with head to head games against Yuen and Chris in the finals!

As always, photos are saved in this album on Google, feel free to add yours too: https://photos.app.goo.gl/JyzVvzx4ScFdoAcm6

View attachment 237967 View attachment 237968 View attachment 237969

Full standings (as submitted to the IFPA)

1,Greg Mott
2,Chris Miller
3,Yuen Aw
4,Conrad Chambers
5,Dan Pocklington
6,Nathan Garwood
7,Clive Bush
8,Martin Bedford
12,Cristian Boudi
12,Pete Bennett
12,Isaac Granby
12,George Bennett
12,Ethan Campbell UK
12,Kevin Donovan
12,Graham Swaffield
12,Andy Brock
17,Gene Aw
18,James Aw
18,Philip Escoffey
21,Jon Carolan
21,Gareth Arnold
21,Matt Peck
21,John Burton
26,Paul Woollard
26,Jeremy Baynham
26,Steven Dale
26,Claire Lickman
26,Sofia Boudi
30,Dave Willcox
30,Matthew Halls
30,Nick Clark UK
32,Helen Swaffield
32,Christian Harris
34,Lan Aw
34,David Bowery
37,Bradley Burton
37,Phil Stokes
37,Sergio Olave
39,Andy Campbell
40,Chris Granby
40,George Boudi
42,Michael Aw
42,Ben Leigh
44,Emma Campbell
Thanks for the write up @Lecari LOTR was a long game… I really tried my hardest to catch those mammoth scores. Was unfortunate on my 3ed ball multi ball and the massive cheer that went up when I activated it! Great comp hope it make 7/1/24

Back
Top Bottom