What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help needed re metalwork

cooldan

i like pizza
Hi guys. I've had my hydraulic trolley for years and love it, the only thing I want to change is the handle, I want to be able to fold it down so the trolley can go under a table without the handle in my way and also lift it up and still be able to open the coin door properly.

I did some research and looked at others' solutions and I think what I want to implement is a hinged piece that goes where the handle sits now. There's no way I'm gonna try to drill any holes in this sucker, it's tougher than me and I haven't the tools for the job

images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_09_06_4beff0eaf80b1b81f96b99c439905d29.jpg images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_09_06_a6ca3b8dffe84fa841cf446054954f13.jpgimages.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_09_06_3aacb9364e69d26d78f31b8c7a1f24f2.jpg

So imagine a strong metal tube of the right diameter to fit in that handle hole (an inch?) that after about 6" has an elbow joint in it, so it can be straight or have a 90 degree bend. And hopefully when it is straight, and tugged on (stop that) the tugging won't snap the joint.

What's that piece of metalwork called, so I can search for it? Anyone know where I can get it?

One alternative is a handle that's not actually attached (I think @kevlar had one at UKPP like this) but I'd rather try the modification first.

Here is a collage of all the various solutions I found on the web:
Clarke lifter handle detail.jpg

Yes it was me Dan, I just removed the bolts so I can lift the handle out but I should modify it permanently.

Thanks Peter, i was just looking at some specs:

-that SafetyLiftingGear one is £240 + £10 delivery, it's rated for 150kg, it weighs 40kg, it's surface is 700x450mm, and its vertical range is 350 to 720mm

-my Clarke one was about that price when i bought it, (currently £311 + £42 delivery), it's rated for 300kg, weighs 81kg, surface 815x500mm, range 340 to 900mm
https://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/product/details/htl300-300kg-hydraulic-lifting-table

so basically the one i have can lift heavier stuff (useful for engine blocks i suppose) but is harder to lug about, it's only advantages are that it's a bit longer and goes up a bit higher. 150kg should be plenty for any pin, right? can this Safety one be pushed further under so it can lift from the middle, ie does the handle allow that or can it be bent back to allow it?

150kg should be plenty for any pin, right? ?

Yes. :)

can this Safety one be pushed further under so it can lift from the middle, ie does the handle allow that or can it be bent back to allow it?

You normally start a lift with the machine on the edge, add legs then lower it. If you wish to move the machine you can push it further underneath and lift it again (handle tilts back so allows further underneath) or if you wish you can just keep it on the edge (I prefer this) and hold on to the lock bar.

It is smaller than what you currently have but the trade off is that you can fold the handle and store under a pin. I saw how awkward Greg's fixed handle one was and went straight for the folding one.... :cool:

Back
Top Bottom