What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from londonium

I'd give you my time for free for credits on your new pin lol but this is the busiest time of year for me as I run a late night bar and any time I have after clearing up the mess made by people that don't drink for 11 months is spent with my 6 week old daughter. Another forum member that has a JD has seen the pin, @node any comment?

Also another forum member sold one to @Julian for 1k and I think the nice one that I missed out on ebay with topper that went for 1175 also went to a forum member but I don't know who, but point is Peter expects every penny he's sunk into the pin back out and it doesn't work like that. He needs 1320 on ebay to clear 1200 after fees so watch how that goes, I'll expect it won't go that high....but then again ebay has gone full retard as of late.. :cuckoo:

I'd give you my time for free for credits on your new pin lol but this is the busiest time of year for me as I run a late night bar and any time I have after clearing up the mess made by people that don't drink for 11 months is spent with my 6 week old daughter.

Congrats on your new arrival! Just in time for xmas!!

I also spent three years working in a pub and know the carnage that's left behind, it was a student pub so it was like xmas every weekday (esp Tuesday £1 a pint)

If this deal turns out then by all means you can swing by for a few games, more thank happy to have fellow pinheads over :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We try to help each other out. These games are very complex, and fault finding can be tricky. But with so many knowledgeable folk on here, you can often get a fault correctly diagnosed within hours and that can save you a lot of graft.

A good move for you would be to go to local league events. There are two basic formats

Ukcs which are one or two day tournaments around the country that result in a winner on the day. About 30 to 100 might turn up depending on the nature of it

The local London league would probably better suit me, I'm a regular in the pipeline (best bar near Liverpool station that's not crazy busy Friday/Saturday night) and they have the best selection of (public) pins in London

Also I don't drive so getting around on weekends using public transport is *interesting*

I've been up to Manchester for the NLP for the past three years and had a blast, will probably do both days next year ;)

Hi, php,

I used to live in Surbiton, when I worked as a serviceman for a local operator. The street view in one of the photos looks like the road leading to/from the station.

My remarks on the machine;

• I'm sure Judge Dredd didn't follow the Bally convention of using black legs - it would've been supplied with 'Gold' ones
  • The main flipper paddles don't seem to be set at the same level, on Ju/Dredd I used to set them with the flipper bands aligned with the run-on guides
  • The game was supplied with different spring-backing blades on the flipper buttons, causing a different 'feel' each side
  • What's that cable-tie doing, holding the r/h large button together?
Re. the 'Credit Dot' situation - if you're looking at a WMS (Williams & post '87 Bally) with a dot showing, then it'll show what's the matter (or what it thinks is the matter) as a 'Test Report' when the 'Enter' button inside the coin door's pressed. Don't press the button again (or let the seller do so), it'll stop the announcement. The usual (false) report on Judge Dredd in commercial use was for an optic switch in the ball storage trough, simply from no-one playing the 'Super Game' and releasing all six balls into play. That wouldn't be surprising at £1/Credit, a Super game would be £2.

Awesome but of advice there thanks, do you still work as a serviceman? I'm assuming this was working with pins ;)

I spoke to the seller and he said the credit dot is due to a wonky ball trough sensor, I'll run through the tests and make sure the enter button isn't pressed too much

I'll have a good look at the flippers and ask why the rh large button has the cable tie

Thanks again, much appreciated

Fully working trough and crane opto's are very important on a JD with a deadworld mod fitted. The game needs early prototype ROM code to make the deadworld mod work and this is very susceptible to dodgy opto's and can cause all sorts of weirdness!

Interesting, is there any way of testing this problem and checking the ROM version?

£1500 is probably too much for a JD. £1200 seems about the going rate. It's not a rare machine so don't get pressured into buying it. There's lot of JDs out there if you hold tight for a bit. There are a fair few machines in the £1300 bracket.

£1500 is probably too much for a JD. £1200 seems about the going rate. It's not a rare machine so don't get pressured into buying it. There's lot of JDs out there if you hold tight for a bit. There are a fair few machines in the £1300 bracket.

Yea, I'm going to aim for £1250 - thanks for the advice ;)

Interesting, is there any way of testing this problem and checking the ROM version?

The ROM version will appear on the DMD when the game is first switched on. In terms of testing, there's an test in the menu for the deadworld but I can't remember whether that'll work with the mod. Best way would be to take the glass off, light locks, load up the balls and then start multiball and make sure the crane unloads the deadworld as expected.

Awesome but of advice there thanks, do you still work as a serviceman? I'm assuming this was working with pins ;)

I spoke to the seller and he said the credit dot is due to a wonky ball trough sensor, I'll run through the tests and make sure the enter button isn't pressed too much

I'll have a good look at the flippers and ask why the rh large button has the cable tie

Thanks again, much appreciated

No, I left there in the mid 90's. I took the job to concentrate on the firms pins, which ranged from slightly battered early 80's games like Centaur and Defender to the then-new Police Force.

The report is a trough optic, eh? That may be due to the situation I mentioned re. Super Game, but Judge Dredd is one of the early games with the optic-sensor trough. The early uses had large resistors on the circuit board for the IR l.e.d. transmitters (the board mounted on the trough, nearest the front of the machine), which were/are prone to breakage.

Interesting update on the JD table, I offered £1300 cash but wasn't accepted - however the chap wants a web site (I'm a web developer) so the offer is a website and marketing for a table. That's a much better proposition.

Did you pick up the JD in the end? If you come along to the League meet at the Pipeline tomorrow come and say hi and we can have a chat about possible pins I have available (I need space after some recent purchases) and would be able to deliver to you as well.

Good luck with the search and welcome to the forum!

Matt

Another forum member that has a JD has seen the pin, @node any comment?

Sorry to get to this late, I've been out of the country for work! Might be too late now, but I remember it playing just fine the last time I saw it, Deadworld mod included. Can't remember cosmetic specifics though.

Welcome to the forum phpchap I'm new here as well and in the same boat as you looking for something up to £1500. The Dr Who for sale on here looks nice but a bit of a trek for me.

Matt i might be interested if anything becomes available
Regards
Rob

Back
Top Bottom