What's new

Heighway Pinball Game #2 - Pinball Expo Reveal

Alien , friggin awesome theme.
Ticks every box for me.
Let's hope Andy listens to the pinball scene and puts right all the little things that will make it better than the rest.
Good luck with this Andy, I can see me wanting one of these. Let's hope there will be pictures soon to tempt me even more.
it's going to look sweet next to Predator.

I have to say - Cracking Title Andy :) (thank god it wasnt Elvira!)..

Looking forward to see that one! :)

I hate the theme........

I'm joking of course. The theme is blooming awesome.........

I have happy feelings to know that a UK based company has secured such a superb license, but it's only right given that Ridley Scott is English. Such a huge scope to choose from and I sure they will do the theme proud..... :)

Just watching a live interview with Andy, and he's possibly maybe hopefully going to post playfield shots later

That said, I can sympathise with Andy if that's the case. Us pin consumers rarely get to see the nightmares behind the scenes and I can only imagine the stress involved in bringing a game to market.

I guess his financiers (assuming he has some third party ones, like banks or venture capitalists) might also impose conditions like getting pre-orders on the books before they release development funds. I would if I was financing a new-start company like this anyway :)

I think it is a good theme.However,a theme does not make a good game.Layout and code does that,so inmy opinion,I would not recommend anyone buying ANY game until played.
I preordered a MOP,even before the main playfield had been anounced.
My game arrived 12/7/2013,at EAG this year I chewed Gary Sterns ear about the code.Then about 1/2 way thru the year,very good nearly code came thru and I was finally happy,and I now have a killer game.
But what if that game had not been updated?I would have been left with an expensive funish game.
This in NO way shape or form is dissing Andy,or any other manufacturer for that matter.
From my experience,any expensive thing should be try before you buy.
That's not to say don't get stoked about any new pin,just there's a big difference between a good concept/playfield layout/art/music etc and a good finished worth it for the money product.
So if you all want to order any new non finished pin,regardless,go for it and I hope it all comes good.
Back to Andy,he allready has a few good rungs on the ladder sorted,in a good theme(IMO),and a well proven designer.If he can tie up the production,reliability and software,he could well be onto a winner.
He at least seems to be listening to feedback ie changing the lock bar assembly,and I would imagine due to the very lukewarm response with regards to the backbox(aint seen too much postive about the one he has now),maybe changing that,he could be onto a winner

We will see

pinball made in Wales:thumbs:

poibug

What time tonight ? You seem to know what's happening.
It's on pinside now.....
Don't know how to post pictures.
Like the idea of being scared while playing pinball;)

Last edited:
Well my order is in.

Emailed Andy earlier today..... #426 for me

Again so stoked for the Heighway pinball team getting this licence , now just sort that back box out :)

Gonna look sweeeeeeeeeeet next to predator

I can imagine the press release now - Heighway Pinball proudly announces the worlds 1st Stop & Flow pinball table. Trying to please everyone (including wives who can now track their husbands movements from bar to bar) and with orders of 50,000 tables, our automatic picture taking, facebook posting Alien pinball machine has taken the gaming world by storm.

I can imagine the press release now - Heighway Pinball proudly announces the worlds 1st Stop & Flow pinball table. Trying to please everyone (including wives who can now track their husbands movements from bar to bar) and with orders of 50,000 tables, our automatic picture taking, facebook posting Alien pinball machine has taken the gaming world by storm.

I have no idea on what he is saying,which,is a role reversal from the norm:eek:

Well my order is in.

Emailed Andy earlier today..... #426 for me

Again so stoked for the Heighway pinball team getting this licence , now just sort that back box out :)

Gonna look sweeeeeeeeeeet next to predator

better than WOZ I s'pose,and after seeing the fag packet games rooms,that may be built before this comes out so all good:thumbs:

better than WOZ I s'pose,and after seeing the fag packet games rooms,that may be built before this comes out so all good:thumbs:

Woz was epic and missed very much :(

Ha ha fag packet games room, can't wait to see what the designer comes back with from that extensive and highly detailed sketch I gave him :)

You been on the blue WKD again nick? ;)

Nope, it just looks like it has a bit of stop and a bit of flow. So I'm calling it a Stop & Flow table. I was just parodying the Stern press releases for Alien

I watched the Heighway Pinball interview earlier and there should be a webcam in production models to take pictures of you when you get a high score and possibly links to your mobile and facebook with automatic postings to facebook to say where you are, what you are doing and/or when you get a high score.

Hi guys,

This is the latest cabinet design, and we are considering 'revisiting' the backbox

Andrew

Attachments

• 3 machines rendered.jpg
    3 machines rendered.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 72
Hi guys,

This is the latest cabinet design, and we are considering 'revisiting' the backbox

Andrew

I don't know but part of the problem with it would be the minor ocd we all have.
Line up the pin collection,and the Heighway one looks quite a bit outta place,due to really thin backbox.
whilst pin heights have frequently changed,the back box depths aint so they all kinda "fit",except the new kid on the block
But being as the "New Kid" is listening it'll all work out in the end:thumbs::wave:

Last edited:
My personal opinion, if you ARE going to change the backbox and it will hold up FT. Just get FT out with the backbox as it is. Then change it for game two

Back
Top Bottom