What's new

Heighway Pinball Game #2 - Pinball Expo Reveal

I can't work it out, when's he releasing the title name?

I know what it is anyway, will crap on FT sales-wise, should sell plenty of these ;)

Not muppets tho, which is a shame as I'd be all over that if someone produced a good'un, been ages since a funny sort of pin theme, family guy the last I can think of?

But it says on the 'other' thread that it will be a mixture of Alien and Aliens movies. Not sure how that'll work because to me they are two very different movies. The Ridley Scott original was very much about what you didn't see and the suspense, whilst James Camerons sequel was much more of an action movie.

Be interesting to see what they do with it - it's certainly a franchise that really warrants a pin and there's plenty of stuff to pick from when it comes to building a game.

So,
No mention of full throttle at all?
I'd consider alien as my first nib but heighway will have to prove they can do it first with full throttle.
Still the backbox design annoys me!
Far too skinny!

As 1 isn't here yet, could us Brits have a traditional sales pitch like maybe

Buy one get one free ? :)

:thumbs: I love this theme, still can't justify a BNIB for myself though. I can't wait to see the artwork. Good luck to Heighway.

Looking forward to seeing some pics. Pretty excited by the theme, but I also worry it's going to be a hard theme to get 'right'

Can't see any prices for a playfield swap only yet? I'd get those prices out there ASAP. Could sell more people on FT if the playfield swap is attractively priced

Wow, for me the theme is right up there with tron. Resist...resist!

....didn't have to try to resist for long. Just saw the price.

Last edited:
I'd consider alien as my first nib but heighway will have to prove they can do it first with full throttle.
Still the backbox design annoys me!

+1. Makes it look like a larger Zizzle Pinball and kinda toyish.... Andy had said once before the design wasn't final but the Alien cab pics show it unchanged (!?)

Anyway, this is a first class theme title and will have a lot more interest to me than FT. Looking forward to the playfield design pics. Good luck Andy. :thumbs:

Wow, Alien. A number one theme for me.

Not a fan of the cab though, a lot of artwork space wasted. Can't wait to see the playfield...

So has Full Throttle been put on a back burner?

The Alien table SOUNDS great...but with no playfield pictures or artwork seen how many pre-orders will they get? Or will people put deposits down and then decide if they want to carry through the order once pictures are seen?

Full Throttle - Still says on their website that shipping will start in November....is this still the case? Has anyone on here ordered a FT?

Awesome title. Nice one Heighwayman :)

I wonder if this will actually fuel some more FT sales now, seeing as Alien(s) can then be bought as a modular system for less price..........EDIT ...if it still can ???, is that still the plan, havent read or listened fully to everything

It's been a difficult birth for the first game but this all sounds like its coming together nicely :thumbs:

So a new "game unit" is going to be about £2500, does anyone think they would go for this?

Wouldn't it be more cost effective for the buyer to sell the old one on and buy a new machine? Surely you would get much more than 2.2k for a 2nd hand Alien, whether Huo or straight form the arcade, and for that you get a brand spanking new machine!

Edit: Of course you will then have a spare kit I suppose, you can either sell it on or switch back at some point - will be interesting to see how this works out.

Anyway, I do think this theme is going to be a huge winner for Andy, and its tearing me apart deciding whether to get in on the LE, anyone know how the orders are going?

Awesome.........did I say awesome, what an achievement not only to get a machine off the ground but for number two to be such a huge license, hat is tipped.

Last edited:
Great news on the license but please, get something to show before you ask people to fork out thousands of pounds for what is essentially a dream right now. No pics of any machine art but we do have a comprehensive payment structure all worked out. priorities eh?

Fox wouldn't allow Andy to show anything, there is a preliminary design in place. Unfortunately as we all know from various stories from other pin manufacturers that have licenses, some licensors can be a PITA to work with.

I would guess he's desperate to show something and will do as soon as he's allowed

If there was no approval, then there should be no reveal. The kick in the nads is having nothing to show but laying out payment terms. At least for the consumer.

That said, I can sympathise with Andy if that's the case. Us pin consumers rarely get to see the nightmares behind the scenes and I can only imagine the stress involved in bringing a game to market.

Oh, going to have to reiterate my desire to see a shroud for the backbox that mimics the look of a standard pin bb dimensions. One piece of plastic bent in two places could make all the difference there.

Redesign that backbox! lol
Very frustrating looking up at nothing the whole time playing FT. Take a leaf out of The Big Lebowski, the way forward imo.

Redesign that backbox! lol
Very frustrating looking up at nothing the whole time playing FT. Take a leaf out of The Big Lebowski, the way forward imo.

I agree I have never liked the different back box , no need to redesign the wheel IMO .

Back
Top Bottom