What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Heighway Pinball’s Alien – update

So Nordman has left now, this doesn't bode well. :(

Very unprofessional to make an announcement like that. Isn't it? Just to come out with that on a forum?

Very unprofessional to make an announcement like that. Isn't it? Just to come out with that on a forum?
On the surface yes, but it may have been a jerk reaction to unmanageable pressure.

They had so much positive discussion going on too... Shame.

I couldn't care less what 'status' this guy has due to some games he's designed in the past, he sounds like a total dick!

From what I can gather reading that thread, Heighway set a deadline of April. Nordman couldn't make the deadline and spat his dummy out. Just because somebody is hired based on their artistic, creative talent, doesn't make them the boss.

A new game for late 2015 and consulting on current projects, such as FT and Aliens. That's what Andy said in his video on the white wood.

The way I read it, Dennis doesn't want to promise his fans something that he knows he can't deliver by an April deadline.

I mean, who are you going to believe, someone with over 20 years experience of working in the industry, or Andy?

What job has Dennis finished in the last 5 years? I would suggest "issues" on both sides, he left Stern, JJP and I'm not sure if he's still involved with P3 or not. It's a shame for sure and it doesn't seem like pinball is an easy business to be in!!

I would give the benefit of the doubt to both sides and just assume it didn't work out for whatever reason

so anyway, Alien (or Aliens):
the cat is out of the bag with news of the planned release of Alien (or Aliens) at the UKPinballParty in Merthyr Tydfil, South Wales, on August 21st-23rd 2015, as announced on Pinside here and mentioned in @Sonny_Jim's (Ewan's) post here. But let's be honest, there is bad blood there so i can't see Andy posting anything in that thread. it's also being chewed over in the FTh thread here but i reckon it's be good to keep all the stuff here in the first Alien thread that's taken off. I'm sure it's just the bank holiday lull, but nothing is mentioned on the Heighway homepage. rather than we all just speculate, can we get the main man in here, do you think?

@Heighway Pinball Andy? any info for us about the UKPP - likely entry costs, where will people likely stay, approx machine numbers anticipated, do pin pledgers get in for free, what if any financial assistance provided to pin pledgers, any charity being supported, any plans for a late lock-in, any special guest lined up, are you gonna get pizzas delivered instead of a sitdown meal, will it be called Alien or Aliens, and how many roads must a man walk down until you can call him a man?

i can totally see the benefits for Heighway of having no venue to hire, so will these costs be passed on to the punters, or divvied up among the people providing the entertainment, ie. the pin pledgers? i definitely think that would increase the numbers of machines and attendees. has anyone looked at local hotels yet? on Booking.com the nearest place to the factory (factory is at CF47 8PE) is also the cheapest place, for what that's worth. my initial thought was that S Wales is too far for me, but it's actually closer to London (170m) than Northwich (190) or Manchester (210) or Newcastle (270) so i will hopefully be able to come along. others, what do you reckon?

i hope Andy comes in here to give us the info
gif simpsons-alien.gif

Last edited:
And can you get Mitchum to sponsor the event so they can hand out free deodorant at the door to eliminate billy orange

Just a thought lol

Aurich (pinsider) appointed for art. Seems like a good move seeing as his feedback was pretty much taken shaped the re jigged hobbit playfield from JJP which looked way better than the initial pf.

Am I the only one thinking that this is a move to get on the regs side to sell more games...

Am I the only one thinking that this is a move to get on the regs side to sell more games...
Cynical much? Seems to be a pretty damn good artist with good knowledge of pinball and 'what works'. If there's a marketing bonus to his appointment, why not eh!

Well I honestly wouldn't know about that. I just see him in most threads day or night that's all.

I think this is great news, how much better does AC/DC look with the Helen artwork :thumbs:

It will have to be good to replicate the artwork from the Alien movie.

Looks like an interesting lay out. :)

It's great they've also included a key to explain what things are

Really looking forward to plying this one when it comes out

Back
Top Bottom