What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone buying a Full Throttle?

Thought Andrew came across very, very well. Really built up hype and interest in both FTh and Alien for me. Good to hear Nate seems to have a genuine interest in Heighways output too

Last edited:
I've checked in to the Pinside forum about 10 times today so far....

just posted...

As promised, we are giving you an update on the progress of our ‘Alien Pinball’ game.

We admit that we certainly underestimated the approvals process with the licensors that we are working with on our current games in development. We are not criticising any of the licensors we are working with, but clearly there are many departments that deal with all aspects of a license – and it can take a lot of time to get the approvals and direction from a number of key people – particularly at the conceptual stages

Also, with the ‘Alien’ license it is clearly one of the biggest licenses in existence – and 36 years after the first film was released, it is still very current – with Alien 5 and Prometheus 2 both in development. Therefore, it is to be expected that FOX would want to take their time with such a prized asset.

After a number of delays, we are definitely back on track again. Here is an update on the individual elements of this game:

• Backglass Artwork – approved in principle for the SE edition. Being amended for officlal approval
• Sideart Artwork – approved in principle for the SE edition. Being amended for official approval
• Playfield 3-D models – work begins on models this week and will be submitted week-by-week for approval
• Playfield Artwork – overview and elements approved in principle – high res versions being drawn now, and will be submitted for approval accordingly
• Playfield Toys – a lot of work has been spent on this over the last few months. We felt that the current toys did not do enough justice to the license and so we have reviewed this. New toys are being worked on now. In particular, we have a very exciting xenomorph toy that is intended to become the main toy for this game
• Playfield layout – with the lessons learnt from the first whitewood, the playfield is now being re-worked and the next version will be much closer to the finished game. We expect to be making the second whitewood within the next 2-3 weeks

Now that most of the conceptual issues have been approved, and many of the draft element concepts too, from this point onwards we are expecting the approvals process to be much faster. We also expect to be able to show you substantial developments on a much more regular basis from now – including key artwork elements.

We are hoping to show you some of these key developments in our next major update – which is planned for a month from now.

Clearly we have learnt some lessons about the licensing process. So what does this mean for the timeline of this game? Everyone involved with this game is in agreement that we are going to target the UK Pinball Party, on 21st-23rd August 2015 (at Heighway Pinball’s factory in Merthyr Tydfil, UK) as the global launch of this game.

We have some exciting new additions to our team that will be announced very shortly.

To anyone who was expecting artwork or specific reveals in this update, then we apologise that this has not happened. We must make sure that we only reveal elements of this game when our licensor has approved them. Please believe us that the minute we are able to show them to you, we will do so.

Everyone involved with this game is determined to make this the best possible ‘Alien’ licensed game that it is possible to make and we thank you for your patience.

Thanks for reading,

Andrew Heighway
MD/CEO

Just noticed this bit " UK Pinball Party, on 21st-23rd August 2015 (at Heighway Pinball’s factory in Merthyr Tydfil, UK) as the global launch of this game " woohhoo! that's great news ( for me at least ! :clap: ). Don't suppose I have any excuse not to take a few machines there!

OK, looking forward to the next update then...all good things to those who wait :)

UKPP in the Heighway factory will be awesome, can't wait for this. I suppose it makes it easy for them to sell NIB pins for people to take home lol.

After party at yours then @kevlar? ;)

Oh well, bit of a shame not being central like Northampton is. Don't really fancy hanging about a factory of a weekend either. Meh, munchville.

So Andy has finally spilled the beans about UKPP being at the Heighway factory this year! Phew, I no longer have to bite my tongue ;) And if Alien really is going to debut at the party then I have an extra reason to try and make it there on the 23rd (unfortunately I'm on holiday until the 22nd). I wonder if they'll do factory tours?

very tempted by Alien pin, but waiting to see it.
anyone know if Andrew arranging a central hotel for the UKPP?

Had to Google where in Wales it is. :oops:

Makes a lot of sense for Andy as there is no venue hire costs. Quick check for hotels doesn't bring up anything that sounds large so this might be a bit of bun fight. My brother in-law lives about 5o miles away from there, so I suspect I'll end up dropping the family there first.

Would love to play Alien(s) but that's a lot of work to be done in 20 weeks. Hope Andy & co pull it off.

Means I can't take games this year but I bet there should be cheap enough accommodation. Certainly keeps costs down for Andy which makes sense.

could always book via booking.com and free cancellation in case it doesnt go ahead. Premier inn is best booked via booking.com as better cancellation terms :)

Yep and no Garlic either

Maybe at least they have to take a selfie on the day to prove that they have washed that day or no entry

Lololol. Could be coming from the inside though. I'd probably work up a bit of sweat taking the glass off from frustration and labor every time the ball gets stuck on Full throttle.

So....did anyone buy one in the UK? Theres a photo of one up on Instagram of the 'only one located onsite', they also say that only 21 were made. Does anyone know if this is true?

None of us know for certain except the Heighway insiders, but I can tell you what Andy said on the factory tour - he said 30 were already shipped and more are in production.

I don't know anyone personally who bought one but I think it's a great little game, really fast and looks zingy and the lit up side panels are unique, and the thing has flow and is a lot of fun. If I hear of one on site in London I will go and pay to play it

After 1 game in Daventry last year and then 5-6 at Pipeline in May I finally got to spend some lengthy game time on it in Wales at the party (which I really enjoyed!). I can give a big thumbs up to it as a great flowing game to play. Andy himself talked about how difficult the first game is to produce on the factory tour but once done the next game is much easier from a production perspective. I think this also applies to winning the confidence of new customers. If the 30(ish) games are widely distributed and prove reliable then the second and third games should be more commercially successful if equally well designed. Full Throttle could be a rare collectable in years to come. Unfortunately my budget doesn't stretch to NIB just yet!

Back
Top Bottom