What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Guns N Roses Help

The blue white wire that runs from F2, to the bridge rectifier, the big blue cap and then to CN4 has a connector thingie on it which means I can disconnect just that one wire. This has stopped the fuse blowing and the lamps are all on now. Obviously not a solution but progress none the less.

I just played 2 games and everything seems to be working. Now got to work out what that wire is for and what I need to do. But it's nice to see the game lit up again!

That makes no sense - that wire would have been connected all the whilst it was here, and played flawlessly - ffs - pinball machines have a mind of their own... :(

Have you got a picture. That doesn't compute. The blue white wire should only feed the input to the bridge. The outputs should be a different colour possibly violet and black. Where is the thingie ?

Here we go.
tapatalk.imageshack.com_v2_15_01_05_fea0f25196b95b7c36d6f99e9d7cbc53.jpg

The CPU board cn4 is used as a bridge to connect the 18v feed back onto the loom and down into the cabinet to feed a meter board. Either that wire is shorting somewhere, or if a meter board is fitted it has a short.

The wire is indicated in the picture as attaching to CPU cn4/9 18v

My mistake, sorry. It doesn't go to the big blue cap.

Here
are some pics:

Fuse that blows (with blue/white wire):

IMAG0527.jpg

And where I have disconnected it:

IMAG0529.jpg

Yes I sit in front of schematics all evening solving wiring conundrums. For completeness, the 18v dc becomes a violet wire which goes to the power supply board. It's then fused and output onto 4 pins and becomes four blue wires that are then split over 7 pins onto the CPU lamp inputs. The blue white is then powered via cn4 (this connection broken when cn4 is unplugged ) and becomes blue wire to the cabinet to power the coin door. I suspect the short is around the coin door.

Yes I sit in front of schematics all evening solving wiring conundrums. For completeness, the 18v dc becomes a violet wire which goes to the power supply board. It's then fused and output onto 4 pins and becomes four blue wires that are then split over 7 pins onto the CPU lamp inputs. The blue white is then powered via cn4 (this connection broken when cn4 is unplugged ) and becomes blue wire to the cabinet to power the coin door. I suspect the short is around the coin door.

Andy! This is spooky. I just remembered that the same fuse on my old TFTC was blowing many, many moons ago and I called you out and you found out it was due to a short by the coin door. I think you are right. I think it is the exact same problem. (Wish I had remembered about that sooner!!) I am off to investigate.

Thanks for all your help so far everyone. You guys are all awesome. :thumbs:

Back
Top Bottom