What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress Gremlins - Goodwins Place Homebrew Pinball Log

You not going ahead with yours? I've already bought my PCBs and the components for OPP but will give you a call soon.
No - afraid not. I semi-retired from playing live with bands about 3 weeks ago. But I got offered some really nice work with other bands so decided to do that. I do not have the time now.

Also as I do pinball work for a big chunk of my living, I am not sure I want to go home and start all over again. Over the past few weeks I have been working 6 1/2 days a week. I know I am going to struggle with the code and progamming side. All the electronic stuff I can pretty well do in my sleep.
Shame as I had some great artists to work on the voices, artwork and animation for the screen.

Do have quite a few parts you can have, got a backbox and quite a few other bits and bobs.

The cobrapin stuff is all OPP so no doubt I will end up sticking it on ebay and on here - sure it will shift in time.

No - afraid not. I semi-retired from playing live with bands about 3 weeks ago. But I got offered some really nice work with other bands so decided to do that. I do not have the time now.

Also as I do pinball work for a big chunk of my living, I am not sure I want to go home and start all over again. Over the past few weeks I have been working 6 1/2 days a week. I know I am going to struggle with the code and progamming side. All the electronic stuff I can pretty well do in my sleep.
Shame as I had some great artists to work on the voices, artwork and animation for the screen.

Do have quite a few parts you can have, got a backbox and quite a few other bits and bobs.

The cobrapin stuff is all OPP so no doubt I will end up sticking it on ebay and on here - sure it will shift in time.
Sounds like you have a lot going on. My work is so different to this project that I use it as my way of relaxing.
I'll message you as would be great to still have your input on this project.

I did say I had some parts for you etc. but looks like you just bought a load of them.
Sorry thought it was the Cobra boards you had. I'll message you. Dave and I were messaging a few weeks back but I've only just managed to get to see him.
As you know I'm nowhere near what I'll need to get this running so always looking for parts.

Loving your enthusiasm & hope it works out well, but it did make me think of this (though it's certainly already cost you a dime or two)

Loving your enthusiasm & hope it works out well, but it did make me think of this (though it's certainly already cost you a dime or two)
😂 Thanks (I think?!?). Cheers for watching, documenting the build is part of the fun for me.

I'm 100% taking it slow and building up parts as I go, I'm in no rush to complete this and I'm pretty determine that I'll only buy parts from my disposable income and not just throw it all on credit card.
I think I'm there on most of the major parts now to get something flipping as an initial prototype, just need to build my electronics and start on the Mission Pinball Framework to get going.

I did a 1963 Vespa restoration a few years back, I've seen people throw money and resource at them and turn them around in 2 weeks, mine took me over a year and was an amazing hobby to work on in my free time.

Slow on the updates but lots been going on both pinball build and life in general.
Will do a full update on this soon as picked up more parts and I'm almost at the point of no return where I need to start making things work on a playfield (wish me luck).

Some pics of the Open Pinball Project OPP boards I've been building, need to order a couple of parts but looking good so far.

PXL_20230304_183122086.jpg
PXL_20230304_183208050.jpg

12 months?! I mean hats off if you manage that but my custom BSD took about that and that was based on an existing playfield design!

Where is this BSD?

In the UK you need to set aside at least 12 months to find parts, it's that bad, I would rather live in Chicago in the ghetto with the gunz where you could raid the stern factory or just order from Mantis reasonably.

Where is this BSD?

In the UK you need to set aside at least 12 months to find parts, it's that bad, I would rather live in Chicago in the ghetto with the gunz where you could raid the stern factory or just order from Mantis reasonably.
I took it to Pinfest last year, may bring it again this year.

Getting parts in I utterly agree is a nightmare. The delays, the import fee's getting parts arriving that are DOA or not to size.

Its an ordeal.

I have a couple of new displays that I won't be using because I went 27". A std stern 15" 720p and 17" 1080p, not sure what you're doing here though as far as the display goes.

I took it to Pinfest last year, may bring it again this year.

Getting parts in I utterly agree is a nightmare. The delays, the import fee's getting parts arriving that are DOA or not to size.

Its an ordeal.
Mantis brought me to tears last night. I haven't been there since the old school pinball parties , just wondered how custom? PROC'd it?

I've taken way longer on the Open Pinball Project boards than I expected. I'm 99% there now but off on holiday this weekend, so will be on hold until I'm back.

Ok, been a while since the last update and there was lots to cover.
Main reason is I needed a break after snapping one of the connectors and needed to get away from it for a few days.
Glad I went back as I've done a few bits now and will update again soon.

Thanks to @PinballDaze and @Pick Holder for parts in this video I didn't mention everything but really appreciate the support.

No way 2 years, are you just placing them in the shooter lane at the moment. It's the small things that take the most time!

Craig, that's really good stuff mate. What an achievement to have your first flips on your game. Those outlane guides will be a really big step forward.

Craig, that's really good stuff mate. What an achievement to have your first flips on your game. Those outlane guides will be a really big step forward.
Thank you. Early days but now have a basis to build from and glad I've got the OPP boards built and working.
I'm currently trying to decide if I do the outlanes on the laser cutter or 3D printed. Would be temporary until final layout.

Thank you. Early days but now have a basis to build from and glad I've got the OPP boards built and working.
I'm currently trying to decide if I do the outlanes on the laser cutter or 3D printed. Would be temporary until final layout.

Early days but still satisfying mate. I'm really looking forward to seeing it develop.

It seems in a way so little - getting a flipper to work..... but it is a major truimph in my opinion. Well done.

I am going to use the three lug flipper coils with EOS switches. It is easy to wire as (doing it the system 11 way) - the EOS switch manual switches the power from the main flip coil winding to the hold winding. I know you can do it another way with the boards you have.

I would maybe work on sling shots next.

Are you doing auto launch as well as the plunger?

When I get the two games out my workshop I am going to do some experimenting with the inserts we got talking about..... :)

PS - I STILL THINK YOU ARE CRAZY !

Early days but still satisfying mate. I'm really looking forward to seeing it develop.
Yeah I've got the big back now. Off to US for work for the Wrexham matches so will do a bit on the plane on the code if I can.
Brilliant, excellent progress.
Thank you, small steps but pleased it's progressing again.
It seems in a way so little - getting a flipper to work..... but it is a major truimph in my opinion. Well done.

I am going to use the three lug flipper coils with EOS switches. It is easy to wire as (doing it the system 11 way) - the EOS switch manual switches the power from the main flip coil winding to the hold winding. I know you can do it another way with the boards you have.

I would maybe work on sling shots next.

Are you doing auto launch as well as the plunger?

When I get the two games out my workshop I am going to do some experimenting with the inserts we got talking about..... :)

PS - I STILL THINK YOU ARE CRAZY !
Thanks mate, simple thing but as you say going OPP was a bit more of a step.

I bought these flippers with single wound coils without thinking, I might actually swap them out if I can't figure the pule wave to do the hold. I stupidly thought that new modern(ish) Stern would have been good.

I need to buy some sling switches, have the mechs so will have a look online at getting some, all the ones I had were a bit broken so need replacing.

Got one small update to post then it will be travel and planning before I can get back on it.

Back
Top Bottom