What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In Progress Gottlieb "Road Race" (1969)

So the workshop is rammed at the moment, I'm only supposed to have 4 machines in there at a time but there's currently 7 so it's all getting very cramped, even more reason to get our little roadrace finished.

Some more cosmetics done this week, I managed to find the legs I had bought a few years back, they were being borrowed by my very naughty leg-theif Zaccaria Spooky! None the less we now have the correct legs with new bolts and casters. Additionally I discovered a site called Johns Jukes (Flippers.com) who had a stock of Gottlieb EM coin entry faceplates so I ordered two of those, a blanking one and an open slot one incase a future owner wants it on coin-op. They arrived insanely quickly so a huge recommendation of Johns Jukes - I'll certainly use them again in the future!
PXL_20230403_205759988.jpg
PXL_20230403_205841008.jpgPXL_20230403_205841008.jpg

Next up were the ball in play lights in the apron, these were all mounted to a common ground bar and absolutely knackered so decided to replace with 6 individual lamp sockets - it's always good to know what ball you're on! I've misplaced the all important light shield for this which displays the actual number and I need to reproduce the instruction card which mounts over the top of the light shield.PXL_20230403_205916869.jpg
PXL_20230403_210517032.jpg
PXL_20230403_205904578.jpg

So I've been playing this a lot recently just to get a good amount of test games in so absolutely everything is ironed out by the time to comes to sell this and the current issues:
1) Score reels occasionally don't reset at the start of a new game. This is happening perhaps 1/6 games, when this happens it makes no attempt at resetting the reels it just adds points to the previous games score (haven't had any attempt to look into this yet, so will keep posted)
2) Upon starting a new game occasionally the machine scores 50 points straight away, no switches are stuck on the play field so I'm suspecting the scanning relay (Again I haven't looked I to this yet so will keep posted!)
3) Slight flickers from unlit bumpers. This is possibly just because I put LEDs in the bumpers to protect the new caps and bodies from lamp burns. I've adjusted both the Yellow and Green jet relays already, perhaps the contacts for the lights just needs a little more of a gap. Not the end of the world and it's barely noticeable but I'll get to the bottom of it anyway.

All of the above I'm sure are very simple faults, it's just finding the time to get to the bottom of them all but I'm seeing the light at the end of the tunnel on this project and I can't wait to get it finished up and find a new home for this little one.

Back
Top Bottom