What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gottlieb Arena

As work in progress, the Arena playfield has cleaned up nicely. All plastics present and intact has been a real bonus. :)

imageshack.com_a_img845_4978_7e1f.jpg

imageshack.com_a_img841_9941_swt5.jpg

imageshack.com_a_img838_4417_zpv3.jpg

imageshack.com_a_img843_7519_ykvd.jpg

Two home made ramp protectors (courtesy of raw materials from @replicas), managed to find a new expensive ramp from CHM Pinball in France and NOS LED tubes from Marco. Just waiting on a bracket to hold the tubes from PBR (via Andy) plus flipper rebuild kits.

@lukewells working on the sound board to hopefully restore the cool music and then a few lamp holders and switch errors to diagnose. Heading out tomorrow to hopefully find matching blue paint to clean up all the cab, leaving the t-moulding.... Existing isn't 'that' bad but will bug me as come away in places (with unfixable gaps underneath) and scuffed. Three options below; Tan (Pic 1), Chrome (2) or Gold (3), latter shiny rather than dull like the original which I can't find anywhere.... :(

I can't make my bl**dy mind up which to use, thoughts? Preference for shiny gold I think but the chrome will match in with the new legs and side rail metal.....um. :rolleyes:

imageshack.com_a_img835_4545_jc3t.jpg

imageshack.com_a_img842_8676_97a4.jpg

imageshack.com_a_img842_6245_0iqn.jpg

This is the original look:

imageshack.com_a_img835_7720_xghq.jpg

imageshack.com_a_img835_7946_4rv1.jpg

BTW, thanks to @cooldan for initially sourcing lower legs for this short-**** o'here... but getting used to the new ones and existing height now. :)

Last edited:
Looking good there John.
How bad is the original T molding ? I think the original is best.
If I had to choose then the gold does look good but the chrome would go better with the legs.

Most would think it looks OK.... which it does until you see where it has come away from the inverted corners. Just being fussy, but know it will bug me after I finished the cab paintwork if that comes up well.

That's the plunger skill shot with 1M points for the centre hole and reducing points for other lanes towards the outside of the circle. The upper LED tube ramp returns the ball either back into the game or back into the plunger lane to try for the 1M shot again, mid game. Think there's another couple of games with the circular skill shot feature but this is the first one I've seen.

Can't wait for a game once it's done, looks like lots going on.

Cheers lads.

Jim... Shiny gold or chrome? ;)

Last edited:
@JMP, the machine is looking good!

The original Tmolding looks best.

Is the first sample a matt gold? It's hard to tell in the photo?

Shiney gold looks a little too much, the silver would be better as per Daz

Yeah original is best but may spoil it to leave it.... The first is Tan, a light brown, probably closest to original but not great tbh. Chrome's looking the favourite I think.

Cheers lads.

Jim... Shiny gold or chrome? ;)

I think chrome is best mate, as Darren says. Seems odd gottlieb did it in the naff fake gold trim seeing as your side rails are chrome? Do you have the correct length legs now?

Ah yes, eventually, BOP refunded me the cost to return the odd one...

Yep, it's chrome then or leave as is. :) The MDF cab has spread out a bit around the t-molding though and want to sand/smooth it out, so will probably end up taking the original dull-gold off to do it.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom