What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Godzilla topper looks a bit crap :(

I'm thinking of some sort of pump system that could spew warm vomit out of Godzilla's mouth onto the player and spectators.

Only just seen this - Stern really do take the **** sometimes don't they?

Amazing that this bit of tat costs around 20% of what a NIB machine used to cost.

The general feeling I get from this topper and Pinball in general is people complain about the price, but buy anyway. I've seen it on here, on Pinside and on the Podcasts. People admit the price is ridiculous and they are taking the **** but have to have it anyway.

You can't blame the manufacturers for doing it.

The general feeling I get from this topper and Pinball in general is people complain about the price, but buy anyway. I've seen it on here, on Pinside and on the Podcasts. People admit the price is ridiculous and they are taking the **** but have to have it anyway.

You can't blame the manufacturers for doing it.

The amount of people that have contacted me and Paul asking for us to 'fix' the topper is testament to how many people are buying it anyway, and then spending more money on it to fix it.

Also respectfully, I disagree with manufacturers dialling it in just because they know people will buy it anyway. It was that attitude from the big mod makers that allowed people like us to waltz through the door and start doing affordable(ish) stuff with tons more value add. The same thing will happen here I think - there's a bunch of 3rd party topper devs waiting in the wings that are doing better work already. The only thing stopping them being mega successful is the idea of them not being 'official'. That won't last long when the quality of the official offering is this poor.

I’m honestly surprised that people are spending £1k on this thing. I just couldn’t do it. I wouldn’t enjoy owning it because it would be a constant reminder I’d been ripped off.
I totally agree however people are spending £16k on LEs, £12k on premiums and £8.5k on stripped down Pros now that is what I call being ripped off !

Yep I’ve bought the topper but if history has shown me anything the Toppers generally never lose money whereas NIB pinballs especially at current prices are guaranteed too.

Official Toppers will allways command a premium on resale I’m not so sure about 3rd party ones regardless of how amazing they are.

I totally agree however people are spending £16k on LEs, £12k on premiums and £8.5k on stripped down Pros now that is what I call being ripped off !

Yep I’ve bought the topper but if history has shown me anything the Toppers generally never lose money whereas NIB pinballs especially at current prices are guaranteed too.

Official Toppers will allways command a premium on resale I’m not so sure about 3rd party ones regardless of how amazing they are.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m not criticising you and the others who are in on this. It’s your money and none of my business what you choose to spend it on. I’m just legitimately surprised after seeing the product and the price. I would have expected a bit more backlash against Stern on this one.

For what it’s worth I feel the same way about LEs now that they’re £4k more than the Premium for the exact same game.

Then again, most people would think we’re all crazy for owning machines given how much they cost so it’s all relative.

I do love a good topper but having just had this game on loan for 3 months and seeing how amazing it is this is a bit of a disappointment considering it’s best game I’ve played.. Having said that I would have to have it if I owned a Godzilla. They should have really pushed boat out on this one.

Back
Top Bottom