What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Godzilla topper looks a bit crap :(

Another use of the godzilla figure sculpted and painted by a 5 year old with the additional of blue projectile vomit.

Whats not to like :)

Whether people think it’s crap or not it will sell for sure people want the full official stern package and that includes … side art , shooter and Topper .

People will moan but they’ll get one … it is what it is … it’s not sterns worst one by far to be fair

Reactions: Jib
Is this the start of a Toppers thread 😂

Anyways after seeing the abortion that was made 3rd party for possibly the same money I was actually relieved when I saw the official Stern one.
I did want a full animated bust something like a cross between the JP alligator toy and BLSOR topper but let’s face it that’s asking a bit much.

So is it worth a £1k + ? No way
Is it the best they could have done ? No way
Is the BOM on this thing about £50 ? Probably
So why would anyone in their right mind want this crap! Seriously!

It’s for all the above reasons my order is placed and I’m in on one. 🤪

Crazy people these Pinheads.

Stern could literally take a crap and sell it as a 1k topper and it would sell out :D

No need to worry how crap the Godzilla topper is, Davey will do another Mod to correct what Stern should of done.

The backgrounds fine,, but pay a £1000 for a topper then pull it to pieces to make it decent??

May as well just build one from scratch and save the £1000 (less materials)

The backgrounds fine,, but pay a £1000 for a topper then pull it to pieces to make it decent??

May as well just build one from scratch and save the £1000 (less materials)
I did not want another project, but I may have to work out how to create an animatronic Godzilla. Because that topper is so unutterably crap that I wish Stern had sold the extra mode as a £200 add-on module on a USB key.

Can think of 4 toppers that were actually good. Kiss, bksor, stgs and mando. Comes as no surprise and would rather spend money on side rails and side art and still have enough for coke and strippers.
The Goat limited flips mode on the Jurassic Park topper sounds quite cool, although the actual topper looks rubbish.

The problem with the Godzilla topper is that it's not entirely clear what the included mode is/does, so you're paying $1,000 for a bit of s***y plastic.

Personally, I think the Rush topper looks nice, but - then - it also moves. Sticking LEDs behind a bit of acrylic is something you can do with craft skills and enthusiasm. Building animatronic mechs is harder and I wouldn't even know where to start coding an added mode. I speak as someone who has built a simple animatronic topper from detailed instructions.

So many better toppers it's like all the topper makers smelled blood at the same time.

So many better toppers it's like all the topper makers smelled blood at the same time.
I'm now considering buying a 3D printer and the software, and getting on with it... Genuinely, these toppers are so terrible that I think I could do better for under $1,000, including the software and equipment.

And that's not because I'm talented. That's because they are truly terrible.

Hmmm, I wonder how much I could charge for a hack which just enables the extra topper mode 😅

Can think of 4 toppers that were actually good. Kiss, bksor, stgs and mando. Comes as no surprise and would rather spend money on side rails and side art and still have enough for coke and strippers.
I liked the Deadpool topper.... But are they worth the expense, absolutely not.

If you are going do something worthwhile then perhaps Stern should have made something like this for Godzilla.

Not a big topper fan (although BKSOR was excellent) but the lack of imagination gone into this one is astounding.

Back
Top Bottom