What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Godzilla "Tokyo Neon" sign mod

Your mega famous now :D
Out of interest did that video give you a spike in orders? Be interesting how much market power those pinball network videos have :D

Your mega famous now :D
Out of interest did that video give you a spike in orders? Be interesting how much market power those pinball network videos have :D

Hard to tell. It came out only a few days after release day, and the first two weeks were pretty solid anyway.

@J85M and @Colywobbles fix up look sharp - time to do some beta testing!

Everything still on track for mid July at the moment. In the meantime I've been refining the code, ironing out a few niggles, and testing like crazy. Second run is filling up - still around 100 places left (out of 250). Absolutely incredible. I'm super happy, but at the same time laser focused on living up to that expectation.

Pinball is rad!

@J85M and @Colywobbles fix up look sharp - time to do some beta testing!

Everything still on track for mid July at the moment. In the meantime I've been refining the code, ironing out a few niggles, and testing like crazy. Second run is filling up - still around 100 places left (out of 250). Absolutely incredible. I'm super happy, but at the same time laser focused on living up to that expectation.

Pinball is rad!

Hi
Do you have any of these for sale?
Thanks
Alan

Hi
Do you have any of these for sale?
Thanks
Alan
Hey Alan hope you keeping well. Looks like you gone all out with modern pins now 👍
BTW you wont be disappointed by Daves work of art, this is the must have mod for GZ along with my Bridge protector 😝

Will all your mod prices be going up 20% in future?

Unfortunately so.

HOWEVER I'll offer an amnesty (I pay the VAT) over the next two weeks for anyone wanting to get on, which also covers anyone currently on the TN list.

Unfortunately so.

HOWEVER I'll offer an amnesty (I pay the VAT) over the next two weeks for anyone wanting to get on, which also covers anyone currently on the TN list.
Ouchy hate VAT
There is talks of lowering it maybe.

Also make sure you claim back VAT for any components you still have in stock you can go back like 6 years.

Yeah it's not great. Sucks also that US customers pay nothing but buying local stings you 20%. Not much I can do about it unfortunately. Didn't know about the retrospective claims, appreciate that will certainly do it. We've been looking into the R&D tax credits also which will certainly help.

Yeah it's not great. Sucks also that US customers pay nothing but buying local stings you 20%. Not much I can do about it unfortunately. Didn't know about the retrospective claims, appreciate that will certainly do it. We've been looking into the R&D tax credits also which will certainly help.
Also stick a bond LE into your inventory as R&D for your next super mod and write it off in 12mths time when I’ll take it off your hands for parts 😝

Yeah VAT is a nightmare tbh for small businesses if your sort of floating around the threshold, as it suddenly just adds 20% to your price etc..

Let me know how you get on with R&D credits I had no luck with them due to R&D not just being for your product dev but has to be “innovative projects in science and technology” think there are a lot of middle men companies who will bend the truth slightly to maximise a claim though…

I’d do whatever you can to avoid vat registration. it works if you are selling b2b as most of your customers can reclaim. but selling b2c - it will hurt either you or your customers.

I’d do whatever you can to avoid vat registration. it works if you are selling b2b as most of your customers can reclaim. but selling b2c - it will hurt either you or your customers.

I'd love to, but not sure how I can without setting myself up for a bad audit down the track.

I'd love to, but not sure how I can without setting myself up for a bad audit down the track.
All depends on your turn over / forecasts if this is a one off “spike” and your turn over will drop under again you can avoid it and any decent accountant will suggest this, but if you think you will stay over (I’m sure you will with more awesome mod revenue) then you will have to be registered, also setup a proper LTD dont stay sole trader (if you haven’t already) as more advantages being a LTD with decent revenue coming in.

All depends on your turn over / forecasts if this is a one off “spike” and your turn over will drop under again you can avoid it and any decent accountant will suggest this, but if you think you will stay over (I’m sure you will with more awesome mod revenue) then you will have to be registered, also setup a proper LTD dont stay sole trader (if you haven’t already) as more advantages being a LTD with decent revenue coming in.

I've had a Ltd company for a while (for other ventures) so the pinball stuff is now just run under that. It's defo hard to predict whether all the upcoming mods are going to be bangers as well (or whether the US market for them will hold), but it does feels as though I've turned a bit of a corner with it over the last 3 months, with solid orders for the Lolly UFO as well, which is the next one we're doing.

The mods certainly feel less like a hobby now, more of a potential "real job", so I'm just gonna go for it. Exciting times tbh.

Back
Top Bottom