What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete Godzilla "Tokyo Neon" sign mod

Look forward to getting mine.

How the Afterglow boards doing?

They're here and had a few dropouts but just going to focus on consolidating everything over the next weeks so I don't overextend myself (if I haven't already!!). Still have you on the list for both AGR and AGGI so will get to it as soon as I can mate.

Put me down for one also please Davey.
Thank you.

Thanks mate, gotcha!

Holy smokes!
This is fantastic, who doesn’t love NEON.
The affect of the flickering failing NEON is just unreal.
Assuming this will coexist with your UFO / Lolly board i:e not sure where your lolly board takes power from assuming not the CN11.
Well done, you may have to pull a sickie from your full time job….lol
Please put me down on the list too 👍

Yes mate all playing happily together on my machine at the moment, got you down for both now, many thanks!

Dave,
could you do a version of this mod that in't Tokyo focused. Yeah the game starts in Tokyo but you are playing in multiple cities. I'd like a mod that beefs up this poor sign but not with all the jPN text just take the existing artwork and make it look less cheap but keep it very clear about what has lit (which this mod I'm less certain about from the video).

Neil.

Some of us never get past Tokyo Neil ;-)

Yes as @J85M pointed out, we hashed through lots of ideas, but settled on Tokyo signage, because, well, it's way more badass. Possibly might incorporate other ideas into the other signs, we'll see. Probably it isn't that clear in the video due to my editing, but let me say that it's still *very* obvious (might I say, even moreso) when a mode is lit. As I've said elsewhere, I design mods to enhance the experience. If it detracts from gameplay or clashes with the existing aesthetic then it's failing in its role. Obviously this is subjective, and not everyone will agree, but keeping the gameplay intact for me is key.

Last edited:
its a great mod from an electronic POV just the art doesn't work for me, and the other options Jon listed look like my three year old grandson crayoned them.

its a great mod from an electronic POV just the art doesn't work for me, and the other options Jon listed look like my three year old grandson crayoned them.
Never said they where good, most of the stuff that comes from mezel, looks like it was designed with crayon and created from playdoh.

While we're having fun... check this out

1653743279449.png

Inlane plastic drilled out to super glue in poundland planes.

Can't... even...

These look brilliant, maybe get myself on the 200+ wait list now and hope I have a GZ by then 😂

These look brilliant, maybe get myself on the 200+ wait list now and hope I have a GZ by then 😂

😅 Sure mate just let me know... sooner rather than later!

@stumblor is this your most successful mod to date? Looks like it’s proper taken off :)

Yes mate, by a fair whack. I've done 100 ea on the Chase Echo and Move Your Snackbar, but that's after 12months + of orders. I've got 210+ on the list and it's only been 48 hours. It's a bit nuts. Super stoked though - but also slightly sh1tting myself.

😅 Sure mate just let me know... sooner rather than later!

Yes mate, by a fair whack. I've done 100 ea on the Chase Echo and Move Your Snackbar, but that's after 12months + of orders. I've got 210+ on the list and it's only been 48 hours. It's a bit nuts. Super stoked though - but also slightly sh1tting myself.
You have done amazing the hard bit is creating something everyone wants, now just order x250 of everything :D buy a few more 3D printers lol

Fortunately, this one one is relatively easy to put together - a little bit of soldering but not much. Not like some of my other mods that are a right faff (I'm looking at you, HD Pin2dmd) !

Well I have sketches for all the other signs mate, could be a lot of sh1tty pants to come 😁

I don’t have a Godzilla but sure does look fantastic mate. Congratulations on all your sales! There’s going to be a lot of happy people when they arrive thru there doors… I can see a job at stern for you in the not too distant future.

Super LE’s with stumbler mods pre-installed! 😁

Nice job Davey! Top quality as per usual. Not sure why you peeled of your side art before taking the pics/vid ;)

Can you pop me on your list please? Thanks very much

Mike

Nice job Davey! Top quality as per usual. Not sure why you peeled of your side art before taking the pics/vid ;)

Can you pop me on your list please? Thanks very much

Mike

Sure mate, you got it! Thanks very much.

We have some clever sods on this group. I better wait and get the machine before I spend any more! As for it blowing up, its a nice thing to happen and also slightly terrifying. When I did the CV skillshot protector I was even selling it to the design team! That paid a downpayment on my Lotus!

It's been full steam ahead at this end, ordering parts, talking to suppliers, buying very large storage boxes. A few hiccups along the way (I had to reject the initial 750 acrylic prints I got back, which was an interesting conversation :-/ ) but everything is now looking more or less on track. I've found a new resin supplier in the UK who is going to work with me to introduce a bit more of an opaque mix into the Japanese characters/neon section, which should add even more LED diffusion and reduce spotting. Beta testers should also be getting the very first kits in a couple of days.

Unfortunately, a few parts now can't be delivered to me until mid July, so we're looking at around a 2 week delay to what was originally quoted for the first mods going out. Sorry about that. I'm super focused on getting everything looking as good as it can possibly be, so hopefully everyone is cool to wait just a little bit longer for a better end result. I'll keep the thread updated on progress as I go.

While we play the waiting game, here's a video I put together outlining the basics of the WIFI configuration. Sorry about my nasally voice - pollen count in London is at epic proportions right now so I'm mainlining cetirizine and enjoying the sun.

It's been full steam ahead at this end, ordering parts, talking to suppliers, buying very large storage boxes. A few hiccups along the way (I had to reject the initial 750 acrylic prints I got back, which was an interesting conversation :-/ ) but everything is now looking more or less on track. I've found a new resin supplier in the UK who is going to work with me to introduce a bit more of an opaque mix into the Japanese characters/neon section, which should add even more LED diffusion and reduce spotting. Beta testers should also be getting the very first kits in a couple of days.

Unfortunately, a few parts now can't be delivered to me until mid July, so we're looking at around a 2 week delay to what was originally quoted for the first mods going out. Sorry about that. I'm super focused on getting everything looking as good as it can possibly be, so hopefully everyone is cool to wait just a little bit longer for a better end result. I'll keep the thread updated on progress as I go.

While we play the waiting game, here's a video I put together outlining the basics of the WIFI configuration. Sorry about my nasally voice - pollen count in London is at epic proportions right now so I'm mainlining cetirizine and enjoying the sun.

you, sir, deserve a biscuit for that : superb

Well deserved one of the only mods I think enhances the game, well done would defo order one if I had a machine to install it in

Back
Top Bottom