What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ghostbusters Pro

Everything mentioned here IMO is nothing to be concerned too much about.
The main issue in future could be Node board 1 failing .
I’m hearing they are unobtanium.
A few are having to do repairs on node board 1 - main CPU.
Spike 1 systems. Not just GB but a number of pins using this system. Could be just a few unlucky ones I guess.
Some are rock solid, but does make you worry.

There is also a short risk issue near the captive ball area that Stern published this bulletin:

Here are helpful preventative things you can do with the node boards:

is the node boards for GB. I'd definitely get a spare one.

I still have a pro and enjoy it, here are some of the typical issues to look for.

- The first 6-9 months of the slimer had the switch and linked wire go vertically out and then they changed it to a 90 degree wire / connection - up and then 90 degrees backwards which solved alot of the switch issues.

- The librarian scoop on mine snapped at the spot welds but simply removed and drilled through both parts and bolted, and is strong as without issue

- The switches on the back ramp can come loose and drop down due to vibration a little or alot and don't registered, simply screw them back up and fixed

- The flippers on the early 6 months of games were more droppie and gave the illusion that the gap is larger but it is a traditional trudeau gap like all his games - if droppie adjust and lift up

- The outlane wires on the first 6 months were installed a little too low contributing to outlane hops but later gaps the outlane wires / guides are higher and a non issue. Taylor from This Flippin Podcast designed with Cliffy Lane Buster stainless steel guides that also remove this problem

- The 2 targets - one either side of the left ramp are known for causing airballs. Some people put large ugly plastics above but just tame the problem. The problem is a combination of vertical targets mounts, low rivet that causes the ball to launch and the pan angle of the target (which can't be solved). Some more info on the brackets I designed to remove almost 100% of the airballs.

- Node boards can still be found, but mainly the MPU boards is hard to come by but someone reached out to Stern and they are looking to solve this in the near future.

hope that helps and still have the game

Last edited:
Reactions: PAX
here is some node board info in 2 different file types

Attachments

• Stern_Node_Boards(1) - Pinsider-hocuslocus copy.png
    Stern_Node_Boards(1) - Pinsider-hocuslocus copy.png
    132.8 KB · Views: 9
  • Stern_Node_Boards(1) - Pinsider-hocuslocus.pdf
    71 KB · Views: 4
GB in Tilt gave me very few major problems considering how much it was played.

You can get node boards without issue in the UK. Electrocoin have them instock and pin heaven usually have some too.

Dont worry about it. Play the game. If it fails sort it out then.

I do agree with @Sven Normansson in both models play different.

On service calls I have seen a couple of chips on playfields.

Just be aware anything like that degrades its value.

Good luck with finding your GB pro. I am sure you could sell TAF for a good price.

Great choice!!

I have had a GB Pro for over 2 years now and the only issue that I have is with the Scoleri Brother pop up targets.

Occasionally have an issue where you hit one of the targets and it doesn't register the hit. What's annoying is the other target will keep popping back up until you lose your ball.

I also had the machine turn itself off and reboot during "we came, we saw" multi ball a couple of times shortly after owning the machine.

That's all I can think of!

And you may have to keep an eye on the Librarian scoop. Had to adjust mine to stop it throwing the ball SDTM. Still only just manages to shoot it to the tip of the right flipper

I have the same problem on my Premium, but I turned the coil strength down and now it drops it down to the left flipper every time.

I can always get my money back and buy a different machine if I find anything I really can't live with.

GB always seems to be in demand due to the theme, you’d be able to move it on easily.

Thank you everyone for your fantastic advice!
Sorry if I appeared to be a stroppy mare at any point, I just have my heart set on this machine and it sucks when people knock your choice. I don't mention TAF that much for the same reason!
Anyway, we all have different needs and I think this one will suit me, the casual, mostly pants player, perfectly. (We also have different reasons for loving pinball. Mine started in the womb... my mum used to play pinball every day in the arcade near her house when she was heavily pregnant. 😅)

Not to mention the fact that the cabinet art on GB is absolutely gorgeous imo. Important as that's the first thing visible as you walk into my living room. It's not the main thing, but certainly doesn't hurt.
I'll let you all know what happens if you're interested, along with pics if this goes ahead. Hopefully no problems, but I know where to come if I encounter any.
Again, thank you 😊

Sorry if I appeared to be a stroppy mare at any point, I just have my heart set on this machine and it sucks when people knock your choice. I don't mention TAF that much for the same reason!
I have both... love both!! :D

So I'm now the proud owner of a GB Pro.
Not found any issues but I only got it yesterday. It looks like it's straight out of the box.
Awesome... got all the mods lined up for it?? ;)

So I'm now the proud owner of a GB Pro.
Not found any issues but I only got it yesterday. It looks like it's straight out of the box.
Best score so far is 2 billion 23 million odd
Is that good?
Yeah. It was a fluke. 🤣
Very respectable score after such a short period of time.

Think my top 5 best scores are all between 5.4 - 5.6 billion.

Others might think these scores are pants but I had fun getting them.

Very respectable score after such a short period of time.

Think my top 5 best scores are all between 5.4 - 5.6 billion.

Others might think these scores are pants but I had fun getting them.
I know I'm new and all, but let's make this a non judgement forum 😄
I'm so pleased with my machine, I can't even tell you. I thought letting the TAF go was going to be hard but I think I'd ticked it off my bucket list and it was very much time for a change.
I did love it though. One day I'll have another one. I just need a bigger house.

God mode is the wizard mode achieved by completing all other modes , you can activate it through the settings. I can't remember off the top of my head the exact step by step to do so but is easy enough to find.

Another thing to do is set the time to 23:59 and start a game.... I'll leave the rest as a nice surprise for you.

And if the 'screamer' is set to come on then be prepared to get some fresh underwear ready!

And if the 'screamer' is set to come on then be prepared to get some fresh underwear ready!
Have already changed several pairs of pants. Also because I haven't really learned what triggers it yet so it's a bit of a surprise every time to say the least! Played with the patio doors open today and was half expecting the neighbours to call the fuzz.
Obviously I haven't read any instructions. I like to learn as I go.
I've switched off that annoying squelchy ping sound (knocker? Suits you sir) as well (happened before the scream and when matched at the end). I was sure that was a fault because it's such a horrid sound, but apparently not? Ugh.

I don't recall a squelchy ping sound, will pay more attention. I've disabled the Scoleri brothers on mine as that is tedious.
Pretty sure the screamer is just random but I may be wrong

I have pinball rsi.
Really. And my thumbs hurt from how I rest them on top.
😅
Same, my wrists get really painful if I play for any length of time. I know it’s because I lean heavy on the lockdown bar, I’m trying not to so much, but it’s a natural playing stance for me, so difficult to adjust

Back
Top Bottom