What's new
Pinball info

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ghostbusters Pro

Sharkbait

Registered
I may, or may not be looking at one of these after having played one and fallen in love.
Could anyone tell me about problems to look out for with this particular model?
I want to go in with my eyes fully open.
Tia!

I've got one and it's got a problem with the Slimer mech which I'm currently struggling to resolve. Seen a few threads on Pinside relating to this mech and seems to be one of the common problems. Haven't had any other issues

I've got one and it's got a problem with the Slimer mech which I'm currently struggling to resolve. Seen a few threads on Pinside relating to this mech and seems to be one of the common problems. Haven't had any other issues
Not working at all or something else slightly more subtle?

LOL, having said all that I thought I'd just have a few games and on the 5th go the little bugger decides to start working so can't be much of a problem more of an intermittent annoying fault that should be fairly simple to rectify.
Take it you've played it? Can be brutal but you just can’t help thinking you'll do better on the next game so definitely got one more game appeal for me

The main issues with it though are the slimmer mech not registering, the switches not registering on the train orbit - both reasonably easy to fix.

The biggest problem with it - is the game sucks. yes the theme, art, music is great but after a while you realise the game is not well designed.
With all due respect, this is the sort of reply that makes me hesitate when starting a thread.

The main issues with it though are the slimmer mech not registering, the switches not registering on the train orbit - both reasonably easy to fix.
LOL, having said all that I thought I'd just have a few games and on the 5th go the little bugger decides to start working so can't be much of a problem more of an intermittent annoying fault that should be fairly simple to rectify.
Take it you've played it? Can be brutal but you just can’t help thinking you'll do better on the next game so definitely got one more game appeal for me
I spent hours on it when I went to the pinball museum in seattle. Out of 50+ machines, it was the one that got me and I've wanted one ever since.
One day I'll have room for more than one at a time, oh yes!

I spent hours on it when I went to the pinball museum in seattle. Out of 50+ machines, it was the one that got me and I've wanted one ever since.
One day I'll have room for more than one at a time, oh yes!

yeah well luckily for us ugly people there is always someone who wants to love us. :D :D :D

The only issue with mine is the slimer mech needs a heavy hit to register. That's more a factory design flaw than a fault though. I've cable tied the little white ball out of the way to see if it registers hits a little easier

It's just too hard for Neil 🤪
Genuinely no idea what's going on here.
I wasn't interested in anyone's opinion on how good the game is, as I made it clear that I love it.
Maybe I've missed something.
Why? You asked for feedback on GB and that’s what you got 🤷‍♂️
Read it again. I asked for problems they might have. Not if people think they're good machines to own.

As I said in my reply to Neil up there. A couple of people proving me absolutely right.
I just wanted to know what is likely to go wrong with them. That's all.

A
The only issue with mine is the slimer mech needs a heavy hit to register. That's more a factory design flaw than a fault though. I've cable tied the little white ball out of the way to see if it registers hits a little easiera

Steady on, you can't control what people write on a message board...
No I can't. But it would be nice if they didn't start off with.... it's ****.
That was my point.
I'll be off now, thank you for all of your advice, I'll make sure I check the slimer stuff out.

And you may have to keep an eye on the Librarian scoop. Had to adjust mine to stop it throwing the ball SDTM. Still only just manages to shoot it to the tip of the right flipper

This is a newbie post.
Saying it sucks isn’t in line with what the OP asked for and can shut a thread down causing a Newbie to not get help. When they jump on this, others wade in. That doesn’t support them.
In Neil’s defence, he then immediately followed up with comments about what goes wrong. And this is how Neil interacts.

But back to my first point. Newbie post, let’s help them out, not make them frustrated. ;)

I owned a HUO pro for many years with no problems at all. When I got it the slimer mech didn’t register every time. So I realigned it and put some tin foil on the connector inside and it was perfect ever since.
I have seen other machines with damaged slimers, so it is probably the number one thing to look for. You can usually look for wear to see how much of a tough life it has had.
There really isn’t many other things to wrong apart from node boards which you would notice straight away as the game wouldn’t work with a failed node board.

I owned a HUO pro for many years with no problems at all. When I got it the slimer mech didn’t register every time. So I realigned it and put some tin foil on the connector inside and it was perfect ever since.
I have seen other machines with damaged slimers, so it is probably the number one thing to look for. You can usually look for wear to see how much of a tough life it has had.
There really isn’t many other things to wrong apart from node boards which you would notice straight away as the game wouldn’t work with a failed node board.
Thank you, that's good to know. I'll check for excessive wear on the little dude.

I had an LE over a year and never had a problem with it apart from the fact it can be mega frustrating and very brutal.
Personally I would not recommend this as a first game for someone getting into pinball as it doesn’t even make you a better player just a very frustrated one.
I know you’ve played this and it’s your idea of the perfect pin but I’ve been there many many times.
Just worth considering this before biting the bullet on a 1st pin.
However If you had a lineup of several like many of us in here then it’s not a problem you just turn it off and play the one next to it which I used to do most sessions hence I sold mine.

I’ve said this many times but if they Vaulted GB and sorted the geometry issues it would be an outstanding pin.

I had an LE over a year and never had a problem with it apart from the fact it can be mega frustrating and very brutal.
Personally I would not recommend this as a first game for someone getting into pinball as it doesn’t even make you a better player just a very frustrated one.
I know you’ve played this and it’s your idea of the perfect pin but I’ve been there many many times.
However If you had a lineup of several like many of us in here then it’s not a problem you just turn it off and play the one next to it which I used to do most sessions hence I sold mine.

I’ve said this many times but if they Vaulted GB and sorted the geometry issues it would be an outstanding pin.
Thank you for your advice, it's appreciated. This will be my second, I'm trading down, if you like 😄
Unfortunately I don't have the space for more than one or I would have multiple machines!
I realise there's no such thing as a perfect pin, but I'm not a pro as such and didn't even notice any issues with the geometry, so I doubt that will be a problem for me (translation: I'm a bit **** 😆). I'm not paying over the odds (I might be 'new' but I'm not silly and I've had some fantastic guidance and advice) so I can always get my money back and buy a different machine if I find anything I really can't live with.
I also have to consider that with pretty much any machine I've spoken about there will always be things about that particular one that people don't like.
I was just more concerned about technical issues, that's all.
Again, thank you 😊

Only issue i have ever had was i had a node board unexpectedly die on me, it was easy replacable (technically) however getting hold of one was the difficult part albeit during the pandemic. Nobody seemed to sell in uk (at a reasonable price) trying to speak to stern direct was useless, managed to source one out of germany at a good price so much so at the time i was thinking it was worth stocking a few myself 😂
In the end i was just happy to get up and running again.

Completely get what Col is saying here but like you sharkbait I played this game at my local arcade when I was first getting into pinball and just had to have it and if I could have found one I would have owned it as a first pin. The full package of everything within the game is just so much fun. Yes it has a few downfalls and due to this you have to learn a few little tricks to get any decent scores which can make the game seem slightly one dimensional as you have to play it a certain way to achieve regular high scores. However this teaches you strategy and can be the same with any game even Godzilla which I have at the moment and I would have to say is probably the best game I’ve played. The only issue I ever had was on the premium/le you have a shot where the ball travels into a subway and sometimes it doesn’t register and required a nudge but Col advised me you could do something but not been very experienced in pinball repairs didn’t want to mess with it. Main thing I would reccomend is go for the premium/le you just have to have the ecto goggles ghost slings and subway shot they make the game for me. I sold mine eventually after feeling I played through it all several times but every time I go to my local arcade and play it just puts a smile on my face and feels like going back home. There’s always someone on it too which I can’t say for avengers or stranger things which they also have so that tells you a lot. If you can get the topper that is the icing on the cake when you’re shooting through the station and the siren is going off. Attached a couple pics of my LE with custom armour was best looking pin I’ve seen

Attachments

• 56C9F211-B636-4B44-8966-9CF5EB8044C5.jpeg
    56C9F211-B636-4B44-8966-9CF5EB8044C5.jpeg
    164 KB · Views: 63
  • D4D8821C-4A76-4E44-B716-AB3747BAB1DB.jpeg
    D4D8821C-4A76-4E44-B716-AB3747BAB1DB.jpeg
    155.9 KB · Views: 63
  • FB7E1349-25A4-457A-A456-E7465509B481.jpeg
    FB7E1349-25A4-457A-A456-E7465509B481.jpeg
    110.8 KB · Views: 62
  • 2543B9C0-B056-4C6D-B7E8-2D276B4B6353.jpeg
    2543B9C0-B056-4C6D-B7E8-2D276B4B6353.jpeg
    154.6 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Completely get what Col is saying here but like you sharkbait I played this game at my local arcade when I was first getting into pinball and just had to have it and if I could have found one I would have owned it as a first pin. The full package of everything within the game is just so much fun. Yes it has a few downfalls and due to this you have to learn a few little tricks to get any decent scores which can make the game seem slightly one dimensional as you have to play it a certain way to achieve regular high scores. However this teaches you strategy and can be the same with any game even Godzilla which I have at the moment and I would have to say is probably the best game I’ve played. The only issue I ever had was on the premium/le you have a shot where the ball travels into a subway and sometimes it doesn’t register and required a nudge but Col advised me you could do something but not been very experienced in pinball repairs didn’t want to mess with it. Main thing I would reccomend is go for the premium/le you just have to have the ecto goggles ghost slings and subway shot they make the game for me. I sold mine eventually after feeling I played through it all several times but every time I go to my local arcade and play it just puts a smile on my face and feels like going back home. There’s always someone on it too which I can’t say for avengers or stranger things which they also have so that tells you a lot. If you can get the topper that is the icing on the cake when you’re shooting through the station and the siren is going off. Attached a couple pics of my LE with custom armour was best looking pin I’ve seen
That's lovely. I am happy with the pro, and it's great to hear someone really passionate about their machine.
I guess I'm more of a casual gamer, I love my current machine but it's time for a change. I've never really achieved a mega high score with it, I'm more about how much fun it is, rather than perfecting techniques etc. Though obviously I've improved in 3 years!

Only issue i have ever had was i had a node board unexpectedly die on me, it was easy replacable (technically) however getting hold of one was the difficult part albeit during the pandemic. Nobody seemed to sell in uk (at a reasonable price) trying to speak to stern direct was useless, managed to source one out of germany at a good price so much so at the time i was thinking it was worth stocking a few myself 😂
In the end i was just happy to get up and running again.
Yeah I've read somewhere else that stern aren't particularly helpful

Back
Top Bottom